Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Add a date wise separator

Please add a date wise separator so that expenses can be segregated between dates of a trip.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Just to be clear: are you asking for each day’s expenses (e.g. June 1, June 2, etc) to be separated? If so, I’ll pass on that suggestion and see what the rest of the team thinks.

2. 250 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating since it’s been a while. Currently Square Cash does not have an API that we can use to integrate. At this point we would need Square Cash to change in order for us to do the integration.

3. Add itemized split method to iOS app?

I love using itemized splits on the website, but can't seem to find this feature in the iOS app. Any plans to bring it to iOS?

Thanks!

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating this since it’s been a while. We’re still leaving this as a possible future improvement. This is not a very popular feature on our website. Figuring out the design for mobile apps continues to be a challenge. Sorry for the inconvenience!

4. Plates Integration

Find a way to integrate Plates with Split Wise so calculations can be ported between apps.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We definitely want to improve Plates + Splitwise integration over time! Right now, if you share a Plates bill with a friend, they can click on the link and then save their share as a Splitwise IOU. We haven’t had a chance to make updates to Plates in a while, but in the future, we hope to let you do that straight from the Plates app. Until then, apologies for the inconvenience!

5. Help answer the question: "Who should pay for this meal?"

I'm out to lunch with a subset of my friends. The bill arrives, we're all on Splitwise, but we're not sure who should pay to lower the overall balance on our Splitwise group, i.e. who owes the most at the table.

Via the Balance tab I can see the answer to this if everyone is present, but there are always a few people missing. I'd like to click "Who should pay?", check the boxes for everyone present, and get an immediate answer.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We’ve actually talked about this idea before – we think it’s a very neat concept, but we’re not sure if it merits inclusion in the core Splitwise app, since a lot of Splitwise users actually don’t use Splitwise in this way. However, it’s a great idea for a separate app, either from us in the future or from a 3rd-party developer using our API (http://dev.splitwise.com). Maybe someday! :)

6. include 'View Printable Summary' option on Mobile App

The option to View Printable Summary in Web is great. It will be quite useful in mobile app as well if it comes with an option to email the friends involved in the group.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to add something like the printable summary view to our mobile apps in the future. It may take us some time, as we’re working on some other features at the moment, but hopefully you’ll see that feature soon!

7. More categories and change payer default

I have 2 ideas after using your app to control a eurotrip with my husband and parents to Europe (btw, I love this app!! total life saver!)

1. More categories, such as theater and other expenses.
    2. Sometimes I forget to go back and change who paid the bill. I should be able to choose if I want to be asked for who paid the bill
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggesting!

1. We do add new categories from time to time. I’m leaving this as under review so if we get a lot of votes for this we know a lot of people would use a theater category. We have a general category, would “other expenses” be different than this?

2. I do this myself from time to time, so I know it can be annoying. Our solution to this is to make it easy for anyone on the expense to edit the expense if there are mistakes on it. You can also opt-in to notifications when an expense gets updated or added to help keep track of things. If we were to add a feature like this, it would be for everyone and not a setting. Given how almost all expenses are paid for by the person who adds them, I don’t think the added annoyance…

8. More mobile notifications rather email

Like if someone pays me then it must be a push notification. For every notification i am the one who should choose what type of msg i get bt in most push notification is bot an option.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Separate the total owed per person

I think it's quite intimidating to see the total amount owed for all persons as a lump sum. Could we have the option to choose how we see that amount? For example have the option to see the total owed to one friend at time on the home page instead of the amount owed to all persons. This should be for both the mobile and the browser versions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback – it’s interesting to hear you find seeing the total intimidating. We use that total on mobile as a navigational element as well (tapping on total, total owed and total you are owed filters the list of friends), so we’re not likely to remove this in the short or medium term. But it’s interesting and I’ll leave this open to see if others also feel this way. Thanks! – Jon

10. Sorting order

On the home screen, the owe-ees should rise to the top, then have contacts listed in alphabetical :)

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on at our next design meeting.

For now, if you’d like to quickly view only the people you have balances with, just tap the “you owe” or “you get back” cell above the list of people (where it lists your total balance), and the screen will update to only show the relevant people. Hope that helps!

11. Name Diners and Itemize in Plates

It would make it convenient to be able to name diners in the Plates app. This well help identifying which plate belongs to the individual diner.

Another nice feature would be the ability to type in the items off of a receipt so when you send out the split check your friends see what they ordered and not just a line item dollar amount.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! You can actually already name diners in the Plates app, though it’s a bit hidden – just tap on a plate while you’re adding items, and then tap on the name displayed in the column on the left. You’ll be able to type in a name for that plate. It’s pretty basic, but I hope it helps!

I’ll pass on your suggestion about naming items – I know we left that out at first in order to keep Plates as slim and fast as possible, but I definitely see how it’d be useful for some people. For now, I’m sorry for any inconvenience!

12. to make it possible to edit the remind email

Your app is now already in my favorite top 5 list, but it would be nice to add one more feature.
    When I send a remind email, a standard text is already suggested. It's possible to edit that text but it would be really handy to change the standard text so I dont have to edit it every time I want to send the email.
    I already asked this question but I think I wasn't clear about what I meant.
    Thanks to make such a great app!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aha, got it – thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’ve heard this idea before, so I’ll pass it on at our next team meeting, and see if it’s something we want to add to our to-do list.

13. Custom categories and total overview

I totally like the possibilities of the splitwise web app to show the trends and a monthly overview of the group's total. It would be really awesome if you could also add this overview to the iPhone app. I would also like the ability to split the bill unevenly like it is done in the web app.

Since you doesn't want to enable custom categories I want to request some categories because I have a lot of expenses that doesn't fit in the given categories e.g. party, medicine & health, computer, sport, clothes.

Keep up the good work, this app…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! We’d definitely like to make some further improvements to our iPhone app, and I’ll pass on your category recommendations as well.

P.S. There’s already an option for “Sports” under “Entertainment”, just so you know :) Hope that helps!

14. A way to show settle up amount for just the past month

I settle up on the first of the month or shortly thereafter. I'd like to see the settle up amount for just the previous month and exclude any recurring bills for next month that are already starting to showing up.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Two possible solutions for you:

If you use groups: Have you tried clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month on our website? That link includes a total for each person for JUST that month, so that you can see how much each person spent/owes for a given month.

If you’re splitting all your bills with one other person: The “Trends” tab in the right-hand sidebar also includes a summary of monthly expenses. Click the “Trends” button at the top of the sidebar, then click the “View full charts” link at the bottom of the sidebar. You’ll be able to see your expenses broken down by category, as well as your total balance for the month.

If that doesn’t do what you’re looking for, let me know and I’ll pass on the suggestion.

15. Calendar

a calendar feature that helps a home group keep track of who gets paid when, and when bills are due. To help figure out who will actually pay the bill, and then be owed by the rest of the group.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Randy! Have you tried using the ‘recurring bill’ feature? Interested to know whether that meets this need, or whether you think we need a calendar function on top of it. Thanks for using Splitwise and writing in!

16. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

17. Total payable amount breakdown while sending reminder

Hi there,

Great work with the app. I downloaded the app today, used it for a while and I think I am gonna stick with it for a long long time. Its very useful for me. A couple of ideas or suggestions i would like to give though-

1) while sending reminder, it would be great if i could send a screenshot of the expenses owed by my friend at the other end. May be a screenshot or a simple breakdown of the expenses, it would be very helpful.

2) its irritating that everytime i have to assign a bill…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll pass ‘em on at our meeting on Monday, but here’s a quick response:

1) Good thought! We do provide a link to Splitwise in the reminder email, where that person can log in and view the full list of bills, but it could definitely be nice to see the list directly in the email.

2) You’re definitely not the first to ask for this, but there are a few reasons we haven’t done it. The first is selfish – requiring invites helps Splitwise to grow, which allows us to keep the service free rather than having to charge. The second reason is user confusion – you’d be surprised how often people email us wondering why they can’t see the bills their friend added, or why their copy of the app shows a different balance than their friend’s (usually because they email addresses they’re using don’t…

18. Unequal Bill Dividing Calculation

One of my most common tasks with Splitwise is dividing a bill unequally with one other person. It would be very handy if entering the amount for one person would automatically calculate the remaining amount owed for the other individual.

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to capture when someone should replace an item

There is not necessarily a specific cost but sometimes my roommates and I alternate the purchasing of a household item. For example if I buy dishwasher detergent this time my roommate buys it next time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would be useful. We might find that this complicates our user interface too much to be worth adding, but I’ll keep this up here so we can see if there’s a lot of interest in this kind of feature.

Marshall

20. update Plates to share totals over AirDrop (iOS 7)

I love Plates, and I think the UI is simple and easy to use. When I need to share the totals with the table, text and email options are nice, but sometimes I don't have their contact information.

AirDrop would allow me to send it to them without that info. Being able to AirDrop would make splitting dinner with acquaintances that much easier! Perfect example of this for me: I was at a brunch with 10 people after a wedding at a diner. I only knew 2 of the people at the table. Plates saved the day and made sense…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base