1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add @WorkflowHQ app integration to your service!

Allow iPhone users to automate expense entry in the app via a workflow. The integration should allow to specify which group and percentage to use.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We continually review all integration requests when we are planning the future roadmaps of the project. However as a small team we cannot offer any addition information on when we will be able to add them if at all.

3. Disable loading phone contacts when entering a transaction

If I want to enter a transaction, I want to do this fast, so spent the least possible amount of time on searching and including the right person. The Android app shows all my phonebook contacts, which is not convienient if I just quickly want to add a transaction.

Maybe a separate "import phonebook contacts" button can be made available

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

6. when displaying list of "All expenses" user should be able to know to whom he borrowed/lent

currently the All expenses UI only shows the list of expenses but doesn't show to whom I borrowed/lent. To know this I need to open each expense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there’s not usually enough room on the screen to do a good job explaining who you borrowed/lent with in that list. When you’re in a group or friendship, we do break down your lending in that group/friend. I’m not sure how we would put this together in a clean way.

Marshall

7. Sorting categories

Hi,
    It would be very useful to sort the categories by "most used".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Matteo. We are about to add many more words to the autocategorization library which will hopefully speed the process of categorizing a bill up a bit. We can consider this for our next round of work on that feature.
    ZC

8. Button for multiple zero (00 or 000)

Some currencies are usually in thousand (e.g. 54000, 3000, 455000). It will be more effective to use button for multiple zero instead of triple touch the single zero button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

10. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

11. Simplifying removal of users from a group

Its a pain to delete all the expenses of a user before removing him. I suggest that there should be a dialogue box which pops up asking the user who should the debt be passed on to in the group instead of showing an error saying that you cant remove that person. So for example if A is leaving the group where B and C owe him 105 and 110 respectively. Then if D is removing A, he/she should pay A 215 and then the app should show that B owes A 105, and C owes A 110. Doing this…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think I see your use case. I’m not sure if we’d implement it the way you suggest, but basically the issue is with groups that are very similar but changing slightly from week to week. I recommend increasing the size of the group and then unchecking people who are not there from the “split equally dialog” rather than removing them from the group. But I’ll leave the suggestion open as it’s an interesting point.

- Jon

12. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve on-boarding and FTUX

First time experience is horrible and confusing to non-technical users. Please improve the emails and on boarding so friends know what they are being invited to. Even worse: friends who already had accounts mistakenly signed up with second accounts and didn't know how to merge. We had to delete the group and start over. I had to hand hold everyone and tell them not to add bills or make payments until we were all signed up correctly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cindy – really sorry for the trouble! We know this is a weak spot for Splitwise right now, and we’re working on improving it.

The “second accounts” issue is a particularly thorny one, and we’ve been adding features recently to try to help the problem, like a “merge accounts” option on the account settings page of our website. In the longer term, we’d like to add the ability for accounts to have more than one email address, in the hopes of preventing this kind of problem in the first place. We’re also working on a big iPhone update to address a bunch of usability issues, and to give new users more instruction the first time that they use the app. (Those changes should make their way to Android as well, once we measure their impact to learn what works and what doesn’t.)

Again, apologies for all the confusion! If…

15. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! There’s not any way to do this from our mobile apps right now, but there are a few possibilities on our website – if you go to a group, you can either pull up a printable summary (click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses) or export your bills to a spreadsheet (click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then click “Export as spreadhsheet”). Hope that helps a bit for now!

16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the way you notify users of new expenses!

Hi Guys,

Maybe I am just an idiot, but I keep on making the same mistake over and over with Splitwise.

The problem is that when someone adds an expense where I owe them XX amount, i get normally get a push notification for that specific expense. Lets say my house mate adds an expense where I owe him 100. I then get a notification that says an expense of 100 has now been added. Almost every time this happens, my thought process is, 'Cool, I'll quickly pay that person the 100 that i owe them". The problem is, I…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Group summary

A group would have many transactions that are not split equally. And so it is very useful to know exactly what the status of a particular group is. Total group's expenditure, my share, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Detect category in quick add

detect category when added through quick-add. Doesnt work when you type taxi/food; but works for dinner. I now classify all food as dinner

Ex: Dinner 50 & Groceries 100 works, but lunch 50 and taxi 100 doesnt

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the message! We’ve definitely been meaning to improve our category detection for quick-add (and for normal bills, too) – I’m hoping we’ll get a chance to do that by the end of the year. Until then, sorry for the trouble!

20. organise the dashboard

can organise your dashboard, so often used friends/groups are on top of the page/app or you can organise manualy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Frederique – I’ll pass on your suggestion! For now, you could try tapping on the total balance boxes at the top of the screen (“you owe”, “you are owed”, “total balance”), which will filter your list of friends and show only the people that you have balances with. Hopefully that helps a little!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base