Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Allow user to cancel setting a passcode

When user clicks on set passcode from settings page and changes his mind not to set passcode, he is not displayed with any cancel button. The only way to go out of the flow is to kill the app. It's hampers the user experience..so I suggest to have an cancel button on Set passcode page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would help! I’ll pass this on. For now, you can either (a) kill the app, or (b) finish setting a passcode, then immediately disable the passcode by tapping the “Passcode” button again and choosing “Disable passcode”.

2. to increase connectivity in Asia.

Hire servers in or near Asia so that it is easier for the app to push/pull transactions. In China we had lots of trouble syncing bills.

The internet that we had was 'ok'. It could play youtube videos at 144p, so transaction syncing should not be a problem then right?

Anyway maybe increase the time-out for http requests.

All the best!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, neither of these are simple things due to how our infrastructure currently works. China is also a challenging environment because of how it connects to the internet for the rest of the world. Hopefully we’ll be able to improve this in the future.

Marshall

3. Redenomination of Belarussian ruble.

In July 2016 a new Belarusian ruble will be introduced, at a rate of 1 new ruble = 10,000 old rubles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_ruble#Third_ruble.2C_since_2016)

Are you guys have plans to support stuff like that? I mean can it be automatically converted when redenomination is finished?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This use case is a first for Splitwise and provides some unique challenges. We are looking at what can be done to support this change, but want to do it in a way that doesn’t cause confusion amongst existing users. Suggestions are welcome.

4. Separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups

There should be a separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups, with involved section coming first obviously.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. We don’t currently have a mobile version of “hide not involving me” so I will leave this open for further voting. I can understand why people would want to filter by this.

Best,
    Jon

5. Force Touch Request: Settle Up

It would be great to have a feature where similarly to the "Add Bill" Force Touch feature on iOS home pages, if you could force touch and go straight to "Settle Up"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be a great addition to the home screen quick actions on iOS. Right now only a small portion of our iPhone users have force touch / quick actions, so it’s not a priority for us, but it’s something we’d like to add to in the future!

6. Create a payment by sharing a picture/document from Android

Allow adding a doc/pic as attachment to a new payment by using the share button on android and choosing Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Financing bill option

Entering a total purchase amount to be split by two people and paid in full by a due date. Then the option to set a monthly/weekly amount due. For example, I financed a purchase with my boyfriend. We have a monthly total due until the amount is paid off. Being able to see the full amount due, but his amount owed to me only reflecting that months payment rather than the total would be nice. This way it would calculate what I may owe him monthly rather than it seeming like he always owes me a large sum.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Plates app: unequal food items

I'd like to suggest the ability to unequally split a food item. My example is recently we ordered a bucket of beers at dinner. The dinner was with 3 people total and 5 beers in a bucket. 2 people had 2 each, while the 3rd person only had 1.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This probably isn’t something we’ll be able to add to Plates (the existing interface is already quite complicated), but we’ll look into it if this gets a lot of votes.

Marshall

9. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though there are some cases where it’s not possible (for example, if two people both change the total cost of a bill).

For now, we do keep a history of all transaction changes in the comments, so if two people try to change an item at the same time, you should be able to see the details of both those attempted changes in the comments. Sorry that we don’t have a more convenient way to handle this yet!

12. Android wear

Add a simple expense add for a (particular) group in Android wear and show last few transactions in that group. It would be easier to just divide the bill without taking out my phone on my wear!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable loading phone contacts when entering a transaction

If I want to enter a transaction, I want to do this fast, so spent the least possible amount of time on searching and including the right person. The Android app shows all my phonebook contacts, which is not convienient if I just quickly want to add a transaction.

Maybe a separate "import phonebook contacts" button can be made available

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. when displaying list of "All expenses" user should be able to know to whom he borrowed/lent

currently the All expenses UI only shows the list of expenses but doesn't show to whom I borrowed/lent. To know this I need to open each expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there’s not usually enough room on the screen to do a good job explaining who you borrowed/lent with in that list. When you’re in a group or friendship, we do break down your lending in that group/friend. I’m not sure how we would put this together in a clean way.

Marshall

17. Sorting categories

Hi,
    It would be very useful to sort the categories by "most used".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Matteo. We are about to add many more words to the autocategorization library which will hopefully speed the process of categorizing a bill up a bit. We can consider this for our next round of work on that feature.
    ZC

18. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

19. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base