Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Plates: to increase the possible number of people

It would be great to have the possibility to use the app for up to 20 people. I often have the case were we are more than 10!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Money Lover

If you add an integration with the budgeting app Money Lover for entering transactions that would be awesome. I'm imagining something this: if a user enables the integration then after entering a bill, air jumps to Money Lover with the transaction name and amount pre-filled.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Autocorrect

Please have it use the user's phone autocorrect when typing in expenses. I misstype a lot and don't like how my autocorrect doesn't work when using Splitwise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow links in the comments section

When added a link in the comment section is there any way to make it clickable

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Scale the Android app to support different Font/Displaty sizes

I'm using a Nexus 6P with Android 7.1.2. For readability I have the font size set to Largest and Display size set to Large. The Contacts list cuts off the Contact Name and overlaps the contact information (Phone or email). The rest of the app seems to scale just fine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in! We do periodically check for compatibility with different fonts and sizes and are hoping to resolve this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime!

8. In Plates, display list of participants and what they owe

Plates is a great app. The best of its kind.

However, it would be nice to be able to display a list at the end, showing each person's name (or number) and the base, tip, tax, & total amounts for that person, with grand total at the end. Then the phone or tablet could be passed around the table so each person can see their amount due.

The list should be tabular, like a spreadsheet, with one row per person, and five columns for the name, base, tip, tax, total amounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think this is something we’re likely to do, but I’ll leave this up and see if it gets a lot of support. We do have requests to add names to plates in the app and tapping on each plate will show a breakdown of the total at the end, which seems like it would handle this use case.

9. Please support Hebrew as a language.

Please support Hebrew language. Beside that it is great!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Select a couple of the leading personal expense apps and make splitwise compatible, so that costs added on splitwise can automatically add

Cross compatibility with a leading personal expense calculator app (e.g. IExpenseit ) would exponentially increase the value the app adds to life. Splitwise is great, but if you are tracking all expenses, you are constantly doing double handling.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I think it’s unlikely we’ll do this kind of integration, but I’ll leave this up to see if other people are interested in this idea. The main issue with this kind of integration is that it’s a very challenging design problem to figure out how to integrate with a budgeting app in a way that makes sense to people using it. Over the lifetime of Splitwise, we’ve discovered a lot of interesting things about how people think about splitting money. I’m not sure we’re up to taking on the same task for how people think about budgeting.

Marshall

11. Expecting summary of individuals spends.

Expecting summary of individuals spends.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Automated payment reminders to friends to pay club memberships

We have a club, where we would have about 10-15 people pay around $100 every 3 months, how can we set this up on an automated basis, so they get email reminders that we will take the money from them as agreed

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a couple of features that come close to solving this issue (recurring expenses and reminders), but neither of them quite work in your case. We’ll take a look at this next time we’re working on either of these systems.

Marshall

13. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. 283 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. notification update

when someone else adds your expense then lockscreen notification should show only each person's share not the whole amount in notification

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
    I’m going to leave this under review to see if other people are also interested in this.
    I’m interested to know why you’re looking for this feature?

16. fix sync issues

Hey,
    First of all I'd like to solute you for a VERY fine app, Really made our lives easier while we were travelling as a group of 5 guys in Romania.

I would definitely want to fix the sync issue since:
    when we all sat down to settle the debts, some people clicked that they settled the debt and the guy they got the money from also clicked that the debt was settled so another negative debt was created, we figured it our quite fast but I wish this wasn't an issue. maybe if you'd let users sync their accounts…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have some specific sync bugs that need to be worked out, but generally, you should be able to pull to refresh on any page that has a list of expenses or people on it. Is this what you’re looking for?

Marshall

17. Login with Google/Facebook even for the app

Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

18. iMessage integration

Please consider creating an iMessage app for splitwise. So that while chatting with friends we can directly open splitwise within iMessage thread and view and update the expenses.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting suggestion. We haven’t really looked at iMessage apps, but could be a potentially useful feature. What exactly would you like to see from a Splitwise iMessage app?

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. change "repeat just this once" to "don't repeat"

When choosing a date for a bill, the first option is "repeat just this once", which is silly, isn't it? It's not actually repeating, it only happens once. I think changing it to "don't repeat" would be more appropriate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We think the “Repeats just this once” phasing is more clear in the context where you’re looking at parallel sentence construction of a number of repeat options. I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting, but I expect we will keep the current language.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base