Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Add @WorkflowHQ app integration to your service!

Allow iPhone users to automate expense entry in the app via a workflow. The integration should allow to specify which group and percentage to use.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Mercy responded

We continually review all integration requests when we are planning the future roadmaps of the project. However as a small team we cannot offer any addition information on when we will be able to add them if at all.

2. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. customize notifications for groups

notofication for a partivular group can be turned off or on

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add location to expense

It would be better if we add location of where the expense is made and filter the expense then it would be more easier..

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Krishna – thanks for the suggestion! We’ve thought a bit about location data before, and it’s something that might show up in a future version of the app. Until then, apologies for any inconvenience!

6. Add a payment gateway

Provide a way to pay the people to whom we owe.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Navneet! We support a few options in the US (PayPal and Venmo), and we just added an integration with Paytm for our Indian users. We’d love to add more. Hopefully in the future!

7. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

8. please show total amount in group expenses

While providin printable summary, the total group expenses should be given in it. man u save a hefty amount of our time. thank you great job man. luv u

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass this on – I know we already include totals for how much each individual person paid/owed, so it would make sense to include the total of all expenses, too :)

9. Make Plates for Android.

The iOS app is gorgeous and I'm jealous.

350 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Jesse, couldn’t agree more. In fact, I’m up-voting this too :) As the Splitwise team’s big Android fan, I keep having to ask my friends to go download Plates so we can use it. Plates for Android is definitely something we want to do, but we’re juggling a ton of priorities on the core app on both iPhone and Android right now. But for sure it’s on our minds, and thanks for submitting the suggestion!

- Jon

10. Sharing money function

Thank alot for a very very usefull application.
    I saw that in web version the sharing money has a custom tab that allows people to share each items in the bill. But I cannot find that tab in mobile version. I think that is a very reality function that will be good to be had on mobile version.
    By the way, Splitwise only be used for sharing money without expense management. If Splitwise includes expense management function. It's really an excellent application, I think.

Thanks alot for your application.
    KhiemNS

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have plans to add the various split methods available in the web to the mobile apps in time. However we’re a small dev team so we do not know when we’ll be able to achieve this for all splits on all platforms.

- Aaron

11. Ability to change group member at any stage...

Kindly add option to change the group member. For example, person "X" with email id "X@yahoo.com" has been added to the group "Alps Trek" and also some expenses has been added in the group with say equal distribution, it should still be possible to add same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com". Ultimately dropping person "X" "X@yahoo.com" and transferring expenses on her name to same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Splitwise allows you to change a person’s email address if they haven’t claimed their account yet, though that may not be clear on mobile (you have to do it by going to that friend’s page and opening the “Friend settings” screen, instead of doing it from the group settings screen). Hopefully we can update our group settings page on mobile soon, so that you can update a person’s email address directly from that screen.

Once the other person has already accepted their invite, you can no longer update their email address, since it’s their account at that point. Hope that helps!

12. iPhone app notification

I have badge app notifications (the red circle that is in the corner of the app) turned on on my iphone, but all I get is a banner that pops up when an expense has been added. I don't want to get e-mails or texts, is it possible for a badge to appear? Also once I or the other person have settled up, can we receive a notification? Thanks

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – sorry for the trouble! I’m afraid the Splitwise app only supports emails or push notifications right now, and not badges on the app icon. Splitwise should send you a push notification by default any time that another person adds a bill or payment with you, but you can turn off those notifications from the “notifications” section of the settings screen.

13. to tag a friend in the comment

able to tag a friend in comment, so he can be notified if someone sees any problem in the commented splitwise sheet

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense :) I’d love to improve our commenting system sometime later this year or early next year, so I’ll pass on your feedback!

14. Button for multiple zero (00 or 000)

Some currencies are usually in thousand (e.g. 54000, 3000, 455000). It will be more effective to use button for multiple zero instead of triple touch the single zero button.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort by outstanding debt

We use the app for a coffee club...The person with the biggest outstanding debt pays for everyone's coffee (well, whoever wants coffee at the time). Currently we need to scan the entire list of balances to find out who is most in debt to the group. Having a sort by debt function would save it's valuable seconds!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Interesting – I’ll pass on the suggestion! Can I ask how many people are in your group? I want to make sure I understand your use case as well as possible…most groups on Splitwise involve 3-5 people, so I think we figured that you’d usually be able to see everyone’s balance at a glance even without sorting.

16. Add tax support and partial split

There is a typical case I meet usually: I went to Walmart with my two roommates. X bought $10 things for himself, Y bought $12, Z bought $15. Meanwhile, we bought $30 things for sharing. And X paid the bill. Note that the money above didn't include the tax (I'm in US, one has to pay additional 8.75% tax of the original price). In this case we want to split the $30 and its tax equally, while each pay for his own thing including that tax. Since on the receipt the tax is only a sum, it's annoying for us…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble – I’ll pass on the feedback! For now, you could try adding your bill on our website and choosing “itemized bill” as the split method, which includes some handling for tax (and for splitting up a bill’s items between multiple people).

17. Ability to use a calculator when entering bill

When entering a bill, it would be handy if there's a quick plus button there so that I can add multiple items fast and easy.

Currently there's an empty button on the number pad that shows up which I think could very well be used for simple plus/minus calculations.

955 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    152 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We just added a very basic calculator function to our web app, so you can now use basic mathematical operations when entering a cost (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division). We hope to add similar features to our mobile apps at some point in the future!

18. Allow group admin to delay notifications until after all bills are added

There's a lot of confusion when people start adding bills and the numbers owed keep changing. It would be better if we could all add our bills for a trip and then once that is complete, trigger the notifications. No need to get so many texts until a trip is all tallied.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We generally try to send notifications for expenses as soon as things happen, as most groups (apartments, etc) are used slowly over long periods of time, but I can see how this’d be useful in cases like yours.

19. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Draft expenses aren’t in our plans yet, but I can see how they’d be useful. I’ll pass on the suggestion and add it to our list of possible features for the future.

20. Default the group when I go to add expenses

Default the group when I go to add expenses. You can make a setting option for your default gruop

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be useful, so I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for future updates. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base