Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Add Split screen support for Android 7.0

Please add support for split screen on Android 7.0. As of now it gives me an error saying that app doesn't support split screen and throws me out of the split screen mode. I would like to see the support soon.
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This would be an interesting addition to the Android app. Depending on how difficult this is to implement and if its possible to do this without compromising the experience, I’ll look into supporting split-screen natively on Android Nougat in the future.

2. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! For now, you may want to check out the “printable monthly summary” feature for groups on our website. Just log in, click a group in the left sidebar, and then click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses, and you’ll get an itemized breakdown of all the transactions for the month.

4. Allow user to cancel setting a passcode

When user clicks on set passcode from settings page and changes his mind not to set passcode, he is not displayed with any cancel button. The only way to go out of the flow is to kill the app. It's hampers the user experience..so I suggest to have an cancel button on Set passcode page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would help! I’ll pass this on. For now, you can either (a) kill the app, or (b) finish setting a passcode, then immediately disable the passcode by tapping the “Passcode” button again and choosing “Disable passcode”.

5. to increase connectivity in Asia.

Hire servers in or near Asia so that it is easier for the app to push/pull transactions. In China we had lots of trouble syncing bills.

The internet that we had was 'ok'. It could play youtube videos at 144p, so transaction syncing should not be a problem then right?

Anyway maybe increase the time-out for http requests.

All the best!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately, neither of these are simple things due to how our infrastructure currently works. China is also a challenging environment because of how it connects to the internet for the rest of the world. Hopefully we’ll be able to improve this in the future.

Marshall

6. Separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups

There should be a separate section for involved and not involved expenses in groups, with involved section coming first obviously.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. We don’t currently have a mobile version of “hide not involving me” so I will leave this open for further voting. I can understand why people would want to filter by this.

Best,
    Jon

7. Add Split Screen to iPad App

Would be great to have the ability to use your app in split screen mode, so I can have my expenses and split wise open!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. 3D Touch / Force Touch frequent contacts

In iOS, it would be great to be able to set frequent contacts (and groups) so they appear in the 3D Touch / force touch menu on the app icon. This would speed up creating new bills for people or groups that you frequently interact with.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes a lot of sense! I could also imagine the Splitwise app automatically showing your top friends when you use Force Touch, or maybe showing you the most recent person/group that you split an expense with. I’ll pass on your feedback and add it to our list of ideas for future updates :)

9. Option to export expenses to mail directly

It would be good if one can just open their mail and see details of expenses and debts rather than downloading spreadsheet n viewing it from there.
    So please consider adding this option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add friends without email address or phone number

I know that it might be a user acquisition choice, but it is very annoying to not be able to add someone with just their name (i.e. with no email address or phone, so that they don't receive an invite).
    I find that the user experience is affected a lot by this and I am switch back to another app because of this despite how good splitwise is overall.

There are indeed several use cases where I would like to add people without contact details:
    - At a specific event, for example a party where I need to enter the…

625 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback – it’s always useful to hear, and I’ll pass it on :)

One small feature you may not be aware of: on our website, Splitwise does allow you to add group members without email addresses, which hopefully helps for the “large party” scenario. My apologies that the same feature isn’t available on our mobile apps!

11. Login with Google/Facebook even for the app

Have an option of logging in using Google/Facebook even for the mobile app

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there. We do support Google login on Android. We may bring other social login options to mobile some day but it’s not on the road map presently.

If you created a web account via Facebook / Google, you can still log into that account on mobile. Just visit ‘account settings’ in the web app and add a password to your account. Then you can log in on mobile using your Facebook / Google ID and the password you set.

12. Ability to change who you owe money to

When simplified debt is on, it'd be great to be able to change who you owe money to, ie select the person that you will settle up with. This will allow couples to settle up with each other first.
    Otherwise set preferences on who each person will settle with. Ie A always settles with C is C is owed money, balance to whoever else.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there Scott,

This is an interesting idea, and thanks for your feedback. It makes sense for cases where, for instance, one person lives in the same city as another, so it would be easier to manually assign the debts than to let Simplify Debts do its thing.

One work-around you can use it simply ignore the recommendations, and just pay who you want to settle up with; Splitwise will automatically re-adjust to accommodate your choices.

That said, I’ll leave this open for other people to upvote if they’d like it, but we’re not at all likely to do this because it would be a large change to the way we handle debt calculations.

Best,
    Jon

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This makes a lot of sense. Personally, I’m not happy with the experience of adding people to a group, and you can expect to definitely see some improvements in this area in a future release.

14. Put the frequently used currencies on top

Me and my boyfriend are both belgian (euro), i am living in the UK (gbp) and he is living in the us (usd). This means we use these three currencies very often. When I add something in splitwise, the default currency is euro, and i have to scroll down a lot before I find the gbp or dollar. Something similar for my boyfriend. It would be very convenient if these three currencies would be on top of the list instead of in the middle of the alphabetical list.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Bitcoin is not often used on Splitwise but we would like our currency handling to be better as some currencies do not even have decimal points and some countries use commas. We’ll add this to the list of ways to make currencies more flexible but it’s not possible to say at this time when we’ll be able to implement it.

17. Force Touch Request: Settle Up

It would be great to have a feature where similarly to the "Add Bill" Force Touch feature on iOS home pages, if you could force touch and go straight to "Settle Up"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be a great addition to the home screen quick actions on iOS. Right now only a small portion of our iPhone users have force touch / quick actions, so it’s not a priority for us, but it’s something we’d like to add to in the future!

18. Create a payment by sharing a picture/document from Android

Allow adding a doc/pic as attachment to a new payment by using the share button on android and choosing Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Redenomination of Belarussian ruble.

In July 2016 a new Belarusian ruble will be introduced, at a rate of 1 new ruble = 10,000 old rubles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_ruble#Third_ruble.2C_since_2016)

Are you guys have plans to support stuff like that? I mean can it be automatically converted when redenomination is finished?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This use case is a first for Splitwise and provides some unique challenges. We are looking at what can be done to support this change, but want to do it in a way that doesn’t cause confusion amongst existing users. Suggestions are welcome.

20. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

1 2 5 7 9 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base