Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Android wear

Add a simple expense add for a (particular) group in Android wear and show last few transactions in that group. It would be easier to just divide the bill without taking out my phone on my wear!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. add more clearer receipts (clear text)

Hope you guys know the CamScanner's android app, which scans the receipts in an efficient way. (Guess they use an algorithm which makes the text on the receipts to appear more clearer.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We will keep that program in mind. For now, you can zoom in on Splitwise receipts — hopefully that lets you see everything you need to. Thanks, Zoe

6. Ability to select transactions from bank or card history

Can ask users to link cards and bank accounts in order to show transactions in split wise so user can select transactions instead of having to do manual entry. Plaid makes a great API (demo.plaid.com) for this: harvey@plaid.com

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Add @WorkflowHQ app integration to your service!

Allow iPhone users to automate expense entry in the app via a workflow. The integration should allow to specify which group and percentage to use.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Mercy responded

We continually review all integration requests when we are planning the future roadmaps of the project. However as a small team we cannot offer any addition information on when we will be able to add them if at all.

8. 283 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Automate currency based on location

I travel a lot and have to remember to set my default currency at the beginning and end of every trip, or alternatively change currency with every expense added (yawn!). Would be great to have the OPTION of location awareness. If turned on it would choose the currency of whatever country I'm in and perhaps a simple override button to use my default currency.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow login to multiple splitwise accounts

I have a splitwise account for US and 1 for India so I can easily work with my friends back home in settling up birthday gifts and charity work. It would be great if I can have both the splitwise accounts login able for my phone app easily so different currencies balance from different account would show up.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Multiple accounts is very difficult to build on our end, so we’re not likely to implement that. We do our best to allow you to create separate groups and use multiple currencies, etc whenever you need to from the same account.

If you have any complaints about the way that works, feel free to email us in private at support@splitwise.com.

If you’d like to merge your two Splitwise accounts and keep both emails attached, please email us at support@splitwise.com and we can also do that for you! As of just a couple weeks ago, we’ve created the ability to support multiple email addresses on the same account, which you can access from your user settings.

11. Override language settings using an in-app language selector

It would be great if the default language which is currently preset by phone settings can be overwritten using an in-app language selector.
    Thanks!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now possible on iOS 13! Go to the Settings app and find Splitwise in the list near the bottom. You can choose the language for the app separately from your main phone language. You may also need to change the setting in the Splitwise app as well in your Account settings as we keep a separate language setting for notifications that doesn’t always update automatically right now.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry if you prefer to use Splitwise in English when the rest of your phone is another language. We haven’t seen any other apps that allow you to do this, and it would be fairly difficult for us to build, so this is not something we’re going to be able to do in the near term. That said I’m leaving this “under review” in case a lot of other users would like us to build…

12. Group cloning feature

I would really help if you could add a clone group feature. I have to maintain expenses on a monthly basis between the same group of people. Creating the same group every time is a pain. Also it would reduce the effort in creating new modified groups.

Like I cloned an existing group and then in the confirmation step, make some modifications if required and then click on a button like create group.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting. We do have a feature on the web to export a PDF of the balance for a group for the month. This might help solve this for you for now.

Marshall

13. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatic invite to app

Why can't I send an automatic text to add people to the app? I have to search their phone number and it's annoying! It doesn't show me who is already using the app, I know that a number of my friends are already using it..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

That totally makes sense. Currently, you can invite people using their phone number or email ID, and if they’re already on Splitwise, we do the right thing and link that invite to their existing account. We could look at your address book contacts and probably figure out who is already using Splitwise, so that you are able to add expenses with them directly by using their name.

I’ll be sure to bring this up with the team the next we’re working on our invite/friends logic. Thanks for the suggestion!

15. Tags

Ability to create tags for certain expenses, e.g "Moving costs", "Pets", "Reimbursable", "Sunday trip" when between two people especially

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t actively planning to implement tags currently, there are some things that you could essentially use as tags: we have a category for every expense such as transportation – bus, taxi or utilities – gas, power.

You can also create separate group if you want to have expenses for lets say a trip, an apartment or a club to be separate from regular expenses.

16. add currency converter and show all the bills in. Single currency, also plan to have money transfers

Luv the app! Try to add currency converter and show all the bills in. Single currency, also plan to have money transfers, either square cash or your own payment gateways.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not completely sure what you mean by ‘Show all bills in single currency’, but I think you’re looking for a way to automatically convert all expenses to one currency? Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to convert currencies automatically, and there are a lot of complications with that, so we’ve chosen not to tackle that problem. Sorry about that.

There is a currency converter available on the web, but that is a Splitwise Pro feature. You can get Splitwise Pro by visiting: https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe

As far as money transfers go, we do support 2 methods: Paypal and Venmo, although these are currently supported in the U.S. only. We’re always looking out to integrate more payment options.

17. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Statistical data per category of expense.

Instead of naming the bill, make it so that you choose a category and add a comment. then export statistics per week or month for every kind of categorized expense so that we can have more info on the expenses.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’d love to add better support for categories over time, and we already do support this to some extent. When adding an expense, tap on the expense icon to choose a category for the expense. Later, you can export a spreadsheet that includes category information about all of your expenses.

On our website, you can also view a monthly spending breakdown by category by clicking on the “Trends” button at the top of the right sidebar, then clicking the “View full details” link.

19. Ability to change group member at any stage...

Kindly add option to change the group member. For example, person "X" with email id "X@yahoo.com" has been added to the group "Alps Trek" and also some expenses has been added in the group with say equal distribution, it should still be possible to add same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com". Ultimately dropping person "X" "X@yahoo.com" and transferring expenses on her name to same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Splitwise allows you to change a person’s email address if they haven’t claimed their account yet, though that may not be clear on mobile (you have to do it by going to that friend’s page and opening the “Friend settings” screen, instead of doing it from the group settings screen). Hopefully we can update our group settings page on mobile soon, so that you can update a person’s email address directly from that screen.

Once the other person has already accepted their invite, you can no longer update their email address, since it’s their account at that point. Hope that helps!

20. to tag a friend in the comment

able to tag a friend in comment, so he can be notified if someone sees any problem in the commented splitwise sheet

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense :) I’d love to improve our commenting system sometime later this year or early next year, so I’ll pass on your feedback!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base