Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 0.00 expenses

I'm interested in using the app to split chores. So when a roommate does a group chore like taking out the trash or cleaning the kitchen, they can record it on the app. Other roommates can check the app and give credit where credit is due like saying thank you or returning the favor in the future.

This prevents roommate initiative from going unnoticed and helps align expectations. One of the most common issues arising from living with other people is different levels of expectations and initiative. One person might be disgusted with the kitchen while another doesn't mind at…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Brandon – thanks for the feedback! We’d definitely considering adding better support for chores in the future, though we probably wouldn’t do it via $0 expenses (both for design reasons and for technical reasons, believe it or not). For now, you could try using the whiteboard feature for groups (web-only unfortunately, at the top of the right sidebar), or you could add a $0.01 expense. (You can even assign the whole balance of the expense to yourself, so that it doesn’t affect anyone’s total balances.)

3. Allow edit of single item in itemize scanned receipt

Sometimes item incorrectly scanned from receipt (eg 1.00 instead of 1.80 or little typos) and only way to fix it now is to remove item and add new one. Could you please add option to edit item in place

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add shortcut to home screen/ widget to add expenses to a particular group.

As the title says, Whenever I am in a trip with friends we use splitwise to split our bills. but in a trip it is so frequent, so we need to open the app everytime -> go to the group -> add the expense.

Although it might sound lazy ;), we will be in a hurry in those situations and never mind about adding it in splitwise. and need to remember these things later in that day and then add it to splitwise.

A shortcut to add an expense to a group will help us to add expenses immediately to…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Using Chillr as a payment method in India

Hello Splitwise Team,

Your app is amazing and we, the sub 30 population in India use it and love it a lot

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! We’re definitely open to integrating with more payment providers in the future, and we’d love to start adding payment methods in India. Chillr doesn’t appear to have a public API right now, which we’d need in order to integrate, but we’ll keep them in mind for future updates!

6. Select the mobile number from phone book

Mobile number is not automatically taken from the phone book when I tried to add a friend using the mobile app after selecting the person's name.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We often have difficulty delivering SMS messages to phone numbers outside the US, especially since the phone numbers in someone’s address book often don’t include the person’s country code. For that reason, we don’t currently load phone numbers directly from your contacts. We hope to improve support for this in the future – in the meantime apologies for the inconvenience!

7. Weekly/monthly expenditure

A feature to see how much I spent in a week or a specific month would be nice to keep track of my expenses.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. iPhone app notification

I have badge app notifications (the red circle that is in the corner of the app) turned on on my iphone, but all I get is a banner that pops up when an expense has been added. I don't want to get e-mails or texts, is it possible for a badge to appear? Also once I or the other person have settled up, can we receive a notification? Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – sorry for the trouble! I’m afraid the Splitwise app only supports emails or push notifications right now, and not badges on the app icon. Splitwise should send you a push notification by default any time that another person adds a bill or payment with you, but you can turn off those notifications from the “notifications” section of the settings screen.

9. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

10. make a Splitwise Pro account for couples

My partner and I use Splitwise and would both see th value in using Splitwise Pro, but we think it is a little unfeasible to spend $60-80 on the product for the same features. Currently I am the only one that has it and if we want to look in to our spending in depth we have to use my phone instead of what is currently available.

Would it be possible to have a family account set up, where we can share pro? Like Google Play Family, where you pay $5 extra to add people to your app accounts.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Splitwise as alexa skill

please add a alexa skill for Splitwise, which is will be one of the most advanced feature from any expense manging applications

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to show only the transactions that involve me

This feature to hide transactions which do not involve me is already present in the web. So it would be great if the same is present in mobile.

It is particularly useful if you have a large group.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Manu – thanks for posting this in our forum! This would definitely be a nice improvement on our mobile apps, especially for large groups :) Hopefully it’s something we can work on next year!

13. Ability to use "open in Splitwise" for pictures or pdfs of receipts

I use an app called CamScanner to scan my receipts because it crops the receipts and applies a whitening filter to make it look very nice.

I can save this to my camera roll and then import them into splitwise but it would be nice to be able to press "open in splitwise" for any image or pdf. You would have to register the file types your app supports.

Description of technology by Apple:
    If your app is capable of opening specific types of files, you should register that support with the system. This allows other apps, through the iOS…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make it easier to manage reoccuring expenses

I set it up once, and now i can't find it anywhere. Bad UX. Should be pretty central.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry about this – we know recurring expense support on the iPhone is pretty minimal and rather confusing. We’re hoping to make it clearer and easier to use in future updates.

16. A way to show settle up amount for just the past month

I settle up on the first of the month or shortly thereafter. I'd like to see the settle up amount for just the previous month and exclude any recurring bills for next month that are already starting to showing up.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Two possible solutions for you:

If you use groups: Have you tried clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month on our website? That link includes a total for each person for JUST that month, so that you can see how much each person spent/owes for a given month.

If you’re splitting all your bills with one other person: The “Trends” tab in the right-hand sidebar also includes a summary of monthly expenses. Click the “Trends” button at the top of the sidebar, then click the “View full charts” link at the bottom of the sidebar. You’ll be able to see your expenses broken down by category, as well as your total balance for the month.

If that doesn’t do what you’re looking for, let me know and I’ll pass on the suggestion.

17. Name Diners and Itemize in Plates

It would make it convenient to be able to name diners in the Plates app. This well help identifying which plate belongs to the individual diner.

Another nice feature would be the ability to type in the items off of a receipt so when you send out the split check your friends see what they ordered and not just a line item dollar amount.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! You can actually already name diners in the Plates app, though it’s a bit hidden – just tap on a plate while you’re adding items, and then tap on the name displayed in the column on the left. You’ll be able to type in a name for that plate. It’s pretty basic, but I hope it helps!

I’ll pass on your suggestion about naming items – I know we left that out at first in order to keep Plates as slim and fast as possible, but I definitely see how it’d be useful for some people. For now, I’m sorry for any inconvenience!

18. Automatically enter bill based on SMS

Create an entry in a defaut group regarding an expense based on the SMS of transaction.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. .. add settings for the picture-quality of the uploaded receipt?

Because sometimes it seems the picture is really low res while the original photo on the phone is high res.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to strike a good balance between image size and picture quality (I think we generally crop images to 1000×1000px). I’m not sure we’ll add a manual setting for image quality, but hopefully we can keep making improvements to allow for better images.

20. Auto fill repeat transaction names

When I start to type something I use all the time, suggest autofill

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General