Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Detailed bill summary

In a apartment or home group, where the names are listed who owes what, you should be able to tap their names and see a detailed summary of exactly what they owe per bill

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We plan on making the amounts that people owe easier to read and better organized down the road. I really like the idea of clicking on the name and having it shuffle so you only see what their amounts are.

2. Detect category in quick add

detect category when added through quick-add. Doesnt work when you type taxi/food; but works for dinner. I now classify all food as dinner

Ex: Dinner 50 & Groceries 100 works, but lunch 50 and taxi 100 doesnt

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the message! We’ve definitely been meaning to improve our category detection for quick-add (and for normal bills, too) – I’m hoping we’ll get a chance to do that by the end of the year. Until then, sorry for the trouble!

3. Allow group admin to delay notifications until after all bills are added

There's a lot of confusion when people start adding bills and the numbers owed keep changing. It would be better if we could all add our bills for a trip and then once that is complete, trigger the notifications. No need to get so many texts until a trip is all tallied.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! We generally try to send notifications for expenses as soon as things happen, as most groups (apartments, etc) are used slowly over long periods of time, but I can see how this’d be useful in cases like yours.

4. Sorting categories

Hi,
    It would be very useful to sort the categories by "most used".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Matteo. We are about to add many more words to the autocategorization library which will hopefully speed the process of categorizing a bill up a bit. We can consider this for our next round of work on that feature.
    ZC

5. Set payer(s) in default split

My partner and I share a bank account for common groceries. We live with a few other people so most of the time when we add an expense it is paid by the both of us 50/50 and split equally. Right now the default split does not allow to set default payers

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Help answer the question: "Who should pay for this meal?"

I'm out to lunch with a subset of my friends. The bill arrives, we're all on Splitwise, but we're not sure who should pay to lower the overall balance on our Splitwise group, i.e. who owes the most at the table.

Via the Balance tab I can see the answer to this if everyone is present, but there are always a few people missing. I'd like to click "Who should pay?", check the boxes for everyone present, and get an immediate answer.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We’ve actually talked about this idea before – we think it’s a very neat concept, but we’re not sure if it merits inclusion in the core Splitwise app, since a lot of Splitwise users actually don’t use Splitwise in this way. However, it’s a great idea for a separate app, either from us in the future or from a 3rd-party developer using our API (http://dev.splitwise.com). Maybe someday! :)

7. Paid by filter

there should be a filter option in group by which a person can see his detailed expense history with other members of the group individually.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! For now, your best bet might be the “printable summary” view for groups on our website, which lets you see a detailed list of expenses and how much each person paid. I’ll pass on your thoughts at our next design meeting.

8. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Bitcoin is not often used on Splitwise but we would like our currency handling to be better as some currencies do not even have decimal points and some countries use commas. We’ll add this to the list of ways to make currencies more flexible but it’s not possible to say at this time when we’ll be able to implement it.

9. Expecting summary of individuals spends.

Expecting summary of individuals spends.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Post Edit individual unequal split receipts

Ability to post edit unequal bill splits for all users. After scanning receipt and individually selecting items for split i’d like to be able to go back and reselect individual items if i need to make adjustment also for others to be able to do the same.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Overpay&Split

Scenario:
    4 friends chipping in money to buy say beer. They don't know yet how much it will cost. A pays $40, B pays 10, C pays 20 and D pays nothing. B goes with 70 bucks and ends up buying a case of beer for 60 bucks. How can they split equally using the app?

If you've had this scenario in the past, vote for this!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Friends name on iPhone Notification

Its a suggestion that the iPhone notification should display the friends name who adds/modifies any expense. For now the notification shows just the amount and title of the expense which is confusing sometimes when one has too many friends. it doesn't tells me who added the expense.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Push notifications can only have 200 characters, so it can be a little tricky to get names in there in addition to bill info. We are considering this, though.

As of last week, when you tap a push notification it’ll take you right to the expense in question (not just to the Home screen) which should help you be less confused.

Zoe

13. separate expenses that don't alter the nett balance owed eg for a car loan to a friend

I would like to have the option of entering a record of money I've lent to a person that is separate to the running nett total eg for a large purchase that I've lent them money for and they are paying me back with interest that amount over time but that is seperate to everyday Bills which we do want to split and settle up in real time

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! For now, my advice would be to create separate groups for the different kinds of debts that you’re tracking, which lets you keep multiple balances with the same person.

14. Payments through MercadoPago

MercadoPago is the largest Payments platform in latín-america. I think integrate its wallet with splitwise would be awesome and very usefull.!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We continually evaluate payment providers to integrate with but we cannot create integrations will all providers. We make attempts to integrate the most popular ones so please check back here to see see the status of your provider.

15. To add the time at which bill is added by a person along with the price and date of the bill.

When a bill is added, only the date and price of the bill is shown. I suggest you also add the time of the bill.. like when the person is adding the bill on Spiltwise (by App or by PC).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. fix sync issues

Hey,
    First of all I'd like to solute you for a VERY fine app, Really made our lives easier while we were travelling as a group of 5 guys in Romania.

I would definitely want to fix the sync issue since:
    when we all sat down to settle the debts, some people clicked that they settled the debt and the guy they got the money from also clicked that the debt was settled so another negative debt was created, we figured it our quite fast but I wish this wasn't an issue. maybe if you'd let users sync their accounts…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do have some specific sync bugs that need to be worked out, but generally, you should be able to pull to refresh on any page that has a list of expenses or people on it. Is this what you’re looking for?

Marshall

17. Automated payment reminders to friends to pay club memberships

We have a club, where we would have about 10-15 people pay around $100 every 3 months, how can we set this up on an automated basis, so they get email reminders that we will take the money from them as agreed

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a couple of features that come close to solving this issue (recurring expenses and reminders), but neither of them quite work in your case. We’ll take a look at this next time we’re working on either of these systems.

Marshall

18. Personalize split receipt items

Right now is possible to delete the items or modify their amount after the scan.
    It would be great to can choose the split type between all the ones available for any single item. Even better by selecting more than one and then selecting the split type.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add categories for each individual itemized item

When you scan a receipt you may have gone to a store and bought multiple categories of things, like groceries and household goods. You should be able to indicate which items on a receipt are which category.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate with GoCardless for Payments

It would be great to avoid the pain and frustration of paypal and just link my GoCardless account with Splitwise so people could pay me via the app or a simple GoCardless URL

They (https://gocardless.com) offer really simple payments with a 1% transaction charge up to a maximum of £2.

Their API is fantastic, very well documented and I think it would be very simple to integrate with.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base