Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Add an icon to an expense list view when there's a picture attached

At the moment, you have to open an expense just to see whether there's a picture attached. Some kind of indicator to show this on the list view would be nice. Just to mark that there's an attachment on this expense.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Open in 'Groups' tab instead of in 'Friends' tab

Confusing situations arise when someone settles up for a group expense via the "friends" tab. Other group members cannot see this, and so cannot take it into account.

This kind of situation mostly occurs by accident. Could be avoided by opening the app on the group tab instead of friends tab, at least as a configurable option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. See who owes who in App

It's annoying to see you still owe someone some money but cant remember what is it about. The app should be able to breakdown who owes who like the one on the website, including the ability to choose to simplify the total money or not.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it so you can use the iphone app upside down

This may sound a bit odd, but it's trivial to enable in xcode, I think.

I often use Splitwise on my ipad. Since you only have an iphone app, that's what I use.

I often prop up my ipad with the charging port facing up in portrait mode so I can charge it without the cable interfering. This doesn't work right with Splitwise, which will not run upside down like other ipad apps will.

I believe this is just a check box in xCode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delayed Viewing

It would be really cool if the monthly reoccurring bills could have a delayed notification. For instance, if I put in a bill due on Oct 10 (reoccurring) it would actually show up as a transaction for the involved parties on Oct 3 (one week early, or any set time). That way it doesn't say my roommates owe me for a bill due over a month away. Thanks, great app!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass it on to the team at our next meeting.

For now, you can sort of do this already for future copies of recurring bills. When adding a recurring bill, you have the option to set a “Reminder” period (e.g. “Remind me one week in advance”). When Splitwise sends out the reminder for the next bill, it’ll add that bill to Splitwise at the same time. As a result, your next bill will be posted exactly a week in advance (or whatever time period you choose). Hope that helps!

6. Add regular payment tracking function for non-split expenses

would be great if I would be able to add payments I make for myself as well. this would allow me to use SPLITWISE for all expenses, currently its 20% split, 80% expenses for myself. of course the split ones are more actionable but some information on the other expenses would greatly help...

in the splitting screen there could be another field I PAY MYSELF.

in the enter detail screen I would just need an optional field to be able to categorize my expenses.

and in the OVERVIEW screen it should show how much was spend you paid XX,XX $"…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Several people would love to use Splitwise for personal expenses, and we’re always interested to hear about this. So far, we’ve stayed away for just the reason you say – the ones owed to others are more actionable. So we are focusing on that for now.

I’m aware that some users input expenses with just themselves, and list themselves as the “payer” as well as the only “ower.” The only place these expenses can be seen is on the “all expenses tab.” But yes, seeing charts and such would be nice in that case, and that’s hard to do right now.

Thanks for the suggestion, and we’ll leave the under review for now.

Cheers,
    Jon

7. Ability to capture when someone should replace an item

There is not necessarily a specific cost but sometimes my roommates and I alternate the purchasing of a household item. For example if I buy dishwasher detergent this time my roommate buys it next time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see how this would be useful. We might find that this complicates our user interface too much to be worth adding, but I’ll keep this up here so we can see if there’s a lot of interest in this kind of feature.

Marshall

8. email notifications in digest format

When I settle up with my roommates, we usually settle up at the same time. When we do, I often get a barrage of notifications and email, one or more of each from all my roommates.

It would be great to get a single email with all of the transactions from the last 24 hours (or 12 hours, or 1 hour...) instead of a barrage of emails, or at least be able to snooze or modify my email notification settings.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! We’d like to do better digest emails at some point (like our monthly summary, but for weekly or daily updates), but we just haven’t gotten around to it yet :) For now, if you’d like to turn off some of the emails you’re getting, you can change your notification preferences from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

9. organise the dashboard

can organise your dashboard, so often used friends/groups are on top of the page/app or you can organise manualy

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Frederique – I’ll pass on your suggestion! For now, you could try tapping on the total balance boxes at the top of the screen (“you owe”, “you are owed”, “total balance”), which will filter your list of friends and show only the people that you have balances with. Hopefully that helps a little!

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

12. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

13. when displaying list of "All expenses" user should be able to know to whom he borrowed/lent

currently the All expenses UI only shows the list of expenses but doesn't show to whom I borrowed/lent. To know this I need to open each expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there’s not usually enough room on the screen to do a good job explaining who you borrowed/lent with in that list. When you’re in a group or friendship, we do break down your lending in that group/friend. I’m not sure how we would put this together in a clean way.

Marshall

14. Ability to change group member at any stage...

Kindly add option to change the group member. For example, person "X" with email id "X@yahoo.com" has been added to the group "Alps Trek" and also some expenses has been added in the group with say equal distribution, it should still be possible to add same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com". Ultimately dropping person "X" "X@yahoo.com" and transferring expenses on her name to same person "X' with email id "X@gmail.com".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Splitwise allows you to change a person’s email address if they haven’t claimed their account yet, though that may not be clear on mobile (you have to do it by going to that friend’s page and opening the “Friend settings” screen, instead of doing it from the group settings screen). Hopefully we can update our group settings page on mobile soon, so that you can update a person’s email address directly from that screen.

Once the other person has already accepted their invite, you can no longer update their email address, since it’s their account at that point. Hope that helps!

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though there are some cases where it’s not possible (for example, if two people both change the total cost of a bill).

For now, we do keep a history of all transaction changes in the comments, so if two people try to change an item at the same time, you should be able to see the details of both those attempted changes in the comments. Sorry that we don’t have a more convenient way to handle this yet!

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently printable monthly summaries and statistics are only available on our website. I’m leaving this under review to see how many other users would appreciate this feature.

Best,
    Jon

19. Plates app: unequal food items

I'd like to suggest the ability to unequally split a food item. My example is recently we ordered a bucket of beers at dinner. The dinner was with 3 people total and 5 beers in a bucket. 2 people had 2 each, while the 3rd person only had 1.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This probably isn’t something we’ll be able to add to Plates (the existing interface is already quite complicated), but we’ll look into it if this gets a lot of votes.

Marshall

20. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base