Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. clarify "settle all ballances" with a snapshot of the balances that it settled

when individuals who are part of mutiple groups settle their balances, their debts across groups are netted-out with transactions. This feature has almost always caused confusion when I've used it because: 1) users often forget they are settling across mutiple groups so when and unexpected debit appears it confuses them 2) after settling it is very hard to re-trace what the various balances were beforehand, so the user gets confused trying to re-trace what settled what.
    I think the settle all balances dialogue and the transactions it creates should give a summary of the various balances that it will settle…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Facial Recognition as Authentication

I recently upgraded to the Google Pixel 4, love the phone but not many apps support unlocking via facial recognition. This would be a great feature for Splitwise

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Iphone Context Menu

Iphone has a context menu option where if I 3D touch the screen over a transaction, it opens the snippet of the next screen with the information on that transaction. Currently there’s no way to perform any operation on the pop up screen. As soon as I lift off my thumb, the pop up screen disappears. I would be great if I 3D touch any transaction, it would open a pop up screen with the info of that transaction and if I slide my thumb, the pop up screen should just stay there and I can perform any operation on…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. to make it possible to edit the remind email

Your app is now already in my favorite top 5 list, but it would be nice to add one more feature.
    When I send a remind email, a standard text is already suggested. It's possible to edit that text but it would be really handy to change the standard text so I dont have to edit it every time I want to send the email.
    I already asked this question but I think I wasn't clear about what I meant.
    Thanks to make such a great app!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aha, got it – thanks for the suggestion! I don’t think we’ve heard this idea before, so I’ll pass it on at our next team meeting, and see if it’s something we want to add to our to-do list.

6. Separate the total owed per person

I think it's quite intimidating to see the total amount owed for all persons as a lump sum. Could we have the option to choose how we see that amount? For example have the option to see the total owed to one friend at time on the home page instead of the amount owed to all persons. This should be for both the mobile and the browser versions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback – it’s interesting to hear you find seeing the total intimidating. We use that total on mobile as a navigational element as well (tapping on total, total owed and total you are owed filters the list of friends), so we’re not likely to remove this in the short or medium term. But it’s interesting and I’ll leave this open to see if others also feel this way. Thanks! – Jon

7. Show "Balances" initially collapsed

The default display when choosing the "Balances" window it's to show who owes whom. For our coffee club it is more convenient to list each member's balance only (and not also say who that member owes our it's owed an amount). If the members balances are listed we can easily determine who should pay for coffee next...the one with the highest debt.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm…it looks like our iPhone app does this already (it collapses all but the first person’s balances), but our Android app doesn’t. I’ll pass on your feedback and see if that’s a change we can make in a future update.

8. Email/mobile verfication

some ppl will use my email or my mobile without any verfication

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Group Permissions

i know that you already thought about it for sure

but my idea at least the remind button
    other users can remind others for spamming only
    note that i created the group and A,B is members

A remind B thats he own me
    and he keeps doing that forever

if there is permissions at least on that point it will be great

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Email Facility to Non Members

Email Facility to Non Members

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure if we’re currently planning any features to directly email someone who’s not on Splitwise, but we do have a few options to export expenses in a spreadsheet or printable summary, which you can then email to a person yourself. Right now, “export as spreadsheet” and “view printable summary” are only available on our website, but we’re working on bringing those features to our mobile apps, too. Hope that helps!

11. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add currency converter and show all the bills in. Single currency, also plan to have money transfers

Luv the app! Try to add currency converter and show all the bills in. Single currency, also plan to have money transfers, either square cash or your own payment gateways.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not completely sure what you mean by ‘Show all bills in single currency’, but I think you’re looking for a way to automatically convert all expenses to one currency? Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to convert currencies automatically, and there are a lot of complications with that, so we’ve chosen not to tackle that problem. Sorry about that.

There is a currency converter available on the web, but that is a Splitwise Pro feature. You can get Splitwise Pro by visiting: https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe

As far as money transfers go, we do support 2 methods: Paypal and Venmo, although these are currently supported in the U.S. only. We’re always looking out to integrate more payment options.

13. Automatic invite to app

Why can't I send an automatic text to add people to the app? I have to search their phone number and it's annoying! It doesn't show me who is already using the app, I know that a number of my friends are already using it..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That totally makes sense. Currently, you can invite people using their phone number or email ID, and if they’re already on Splitwise, we do the right thing and link that invite to their existing account. We could look at your address book contacts and probably figure out who is already using Splitwise, so that you are able to add expenses with them directly by using their name.

I’ll be sure to bring this up with the team the next we’re working on our invite/friends logic. Thanks for the suggestion!

14. add more clearer receipts (clear text)

Hope you guys know the CamScanner's android app, which scans the receipts in an efficient way. (Guess they use an algorithm which makes the text on the receipts to appear more clearer.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. We will keep that program in mind. For now, you can zoom in on Splitwise receipts — hopefully that lets you see everything you need to. Thanks, Zoe

15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Android wear

Add a simple expense add for a (particular) group in Android wear and show last few transactions in that group. It would be easier to just divide the bill without taking out my phone on my wear!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Show transactions in the target language of each user

I usually transact with a user that has splitwise in Spanish. When I make a transaction, the other person sees it in English and I see theirs in Spanish. I think I should see all in English, and them all in Spanish. This also affects the web version

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to use your specific language setting as much as possible, though there are a few places where our system currently only supports one language at a time (mainly, expense comments). If there are any particular places where this is driving your crazy, let me know by commenting here or by emailing us at support@splitwise.com. Hopefully we can keep making progress on this over the course of this year!

18. Create a payment by sharing a picture/document from Android

Allow adding a doc/pic as attachment to a new payment by using the share button on android and choosing Splitwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Force Touch Request: Settle Up

It would be great to have a feature where similarly to the "Add Bill" Force Touch feature on iOS home pages, if you could force touch and go straight to "Settle Up"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be a great addition to the home screen quick actions on iOS. Right now only a small portion of our iPhone users have force touch / quick actions, so it’s not a priority for us, but it’s something we’d like to add to in the future!

20. Reporting

How can I see all expenses I have made since day 1 in all group? Basically I need a feature to tell me how much I have spent by time and group. If we can aggregate by these two dimensions, it's awesome. If we can just get a summary, it's still very helpful.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! I’m afraid there’s not an easy way to do this for ALL groups, but you can export your groups one at a time, either by using the “Export as spreadsheet” feature or the “View printable summary” feature (web-only). That should give you a complete breakdown of all the transactions in that individual group. Hopefully we can add better full-account reporting features in the future!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base