Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. 1Password Integration

It would be very simple if the login form had the 1Password integration, this way, users who believe in strong passwords can login conveniently.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on iOS!

Thanks for the suggestion – I can definitely see how this would be useful! I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements on iOS.

3. (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

4. Add back "Quick add" for expenses

One of my favorite features that I'm sorely missing from the new app. It's saved me so much time over the years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick-add still exists! Just tap-and-hold on the plus button at the bottom of the screen, and you should be able to quick-add new expenses and payments. Hope that helps!

5. Whiteboard on Mobile App

I couldn't find Whiteboard option in Android App.
    It it is there, kindly guide me to it.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Whiteboard is now available in both our Android and iPhone apps!

Android: tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your group page.
    iPhone: tap ‘More’ in the header of your group page

6. Email notification

it will be great if we have get an email notifications about the expenses being added and deleted on here

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

You can do this from the settings screen – select “Notification settings”, and then tap on the email icons to enable or disable various email notifications. You can also choose to receive push notifications when expenses are added or deleted.

7. Do some monthly reporting with the categories and totaled amounts

Each month give the option to send out a csv of the amounts with the categories dates description total etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: CSV export is now available on iPhone and Android!

On our website you can download your data as a CSV for each group / friendship you have. We are bringing this feature to iOS soon, too.
    ZC

8. Show dates on mobile app

Like the design of the website, showing the dates on the list of transactions would help differentiate between multiple charges from the same place but on different days.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Monthly payments

Monthly payment details and settling up monthly wise will very helpful

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Could you make it so that I can choose what sort of notification noise I receive?

At present, I'm only able to select whether or not I get notifications and not the type of sound or whether or not it vibrates. I'd like to still receive notifications on my phone but be able to choose a silent option so that I'm not disturbed late at night or early in the morning should someone make an entry at those times. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web, Android, or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone.

Marshall

12. 215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Archive debts

The option to archive (instead of deleting) a debt/group would reduce clutter and make Splitwise much more usable, while still allowing us to still keep track of outstanding debts.

Thanks for considering this!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We now hide groups/friends that have been settled up for more than 40 days on all three platforms. We also hide older expenses behind a click whenever a group or friendship has completely settled up.

Marshall

14. Expenses are getting added twice

This is a serious issue which I found more than 3 times. After adding expenses it's got added 2 times. Hope you will look in to it.

Thanks
    Raees

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currency conversion

When I went to Cancun, I charged/paid for things at different locations and at each location, there was a different exchange rate for the peso to USD. I would like to suggest a way to set the exchange rate for each item when doing a "trip" group. I ended up having to manually calculate the conversion and split it up each night for a group of 16.

321 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency conversion is now included with our premium version, Splitwise Pro (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe). Right now, it’s a web-only feature, but we hope to add it to our mobile apps in the future!

On the web, if you click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, you’ll see an option to convert all transactions with that friend/group to your default currency, using the current market exchange rate. You’ll also see a suggestion to convert currencies appear automatically when viewing a group with balances in multiple currencies.

Hope this helps a bit! We’d definitely like to continue improving multiple currency support over time – I can’t say how quickly that will happen, as we’re a very tiny team, but it remains on our to-do list for the future. If you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to…

17. Send Notification for any update

Hello,

Please add this functionality.

Thanks
    Suresh Bhandari

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Delete Expense

1. When a expense is deleted, a push notification is sent to ios users, however it doesnt say who deleted the expense?

Could you please add this information in the push message.

1. When the push notification is clicked, it should take straight to that particular expense details and not the overview screen.

Please do the needful for our convenience.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. IOS7

Design the app around the new IOS 7 design. I've seen so many apps take advantage of the new design and come out with incredible improvements

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show contact info

Give users the ability to see the contact info linked to each contact's name. Sometimes, I'd like to know if I'm sending a notification to someone's email or phone number but there's no way to see. For some reason, sometimes I have two contacts for the same person and one will be linked to an email address and another will be linked to a phone number but I can't tell which one is which.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base