View group totals should show all currencies, not just the default one

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: on mobile, groups now show all balances on the group screen.

This makes total sense – leaving it under review to see how many other users need this.

Best,
    Jon

2. Update the legal terms like year

Pls update the year under settings

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 3D Touch feature

The newly added 3D Touch feature doesn't work. It doesn't take to Add bill page. Also it will be great if you add frequently used group like say home rent share as a direct link in 3D Touch shortcuts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow creation of monthly 'sheets' within a group to easily track group expenses by month

(And no, I don't want to use the spreadsheets :) )
    Right now, we re-create the group each month after settling accounts- it would sure be easier to just create monthly accounts sheets which can be individually settled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have this on the website right now. If you go to you group, there’s an option in each month header to show balance changes for that month. If you settle each previous month before the next month, this will just be the balance for that month.

Marshall

6. Adding a participant to a bill shows several options for that same participant

Hi,

Often when I add someone to a bill on Android (filling the "With you and" field) I tend to get confused on what to select from the autocomplete.

For example, I input a friend's name (already using Splitwise) and I get several options for that friend, including several e-mail addresses he owns. Even after I learned that the first option, the Splitwise persona, is usually the best, this still confuses me.

I think a solution to this would be to have different icons shown next to contacts in the autocomplete - the Splitwise logo for Splitwise accounts, and just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: with the Android 4.0 release, the address book icon is now an envelope to make it a little more clear that this will invite a new person

This is something we do plan to fix, but it’s stuck on some odd technical issues so I can’t promise a solution soon. For now, as you noted, the first entry is the correct one.

Marshall

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Within each month, expenses should be listed in date wise order. If you’re seeing something different, please submit a ticket with a screenshot of the issue.

Marshall

8. Have a way to record an expense without adding it to the bill

Sometimes I want to record and show to the whole party how many times on, for example, a road trip, we got gas, but if that was all to be reimbursed to one person later by someone outside the party, have a way to not actually add it to the tally. This way everyone knows the total expenses, but know that it's not part of the actual bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While there isn’t an officially supported way for doing this on Splitwise at the moment, you can add a transaction in a group where you completely paid for something, and you are the only person who owes any money for it.

Lets say if you paid $100 for Gas, just add an expense titled ‘Gas’ and say that you paid $100, and untick everyone else except you from the ‘split equally between’ section and save the expense. This will achieve what you’re asking for: everyone will be able to see the expense and it will also count towards total group expenses, but will not count towards any individuals’ balances, including you.

9. Triangle payment can be dispelled itself.

The situation is below. I was owed A $2, A was owed B 2$, B was owned me $2. So the $2 dollar shouldn't be calculated in my owe or owed number. By the way, I'm thinking of making a similar web like this. But I find this one is good. I'd like to contribute anything I can. Below is my mail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

If you’re in a group, you can go to group settings and turn on Simplify debts which will do this. If you’re not in a group, you will need to go to your account settings on the website and simplify debts outside of groups from there.

Marshall

10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be how groups currently work – you can only see a group if you are a member of it. Please let us know if this isn’t how it’s working for you.

Marshall

11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Emoji support

I'd like to be able to add emojis to my debt titles

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emoji support was added on April 1st 2016! We also released a complete emoji translation of the site for April Fools Day. It will not be around forever so check it out!

13. Currency Option

Select the default currency of the user on the basis of his location. Get it from google or ask them in the sign up form. Or use location based.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: both mobile apps now guess your currency during sign up based on your locale settings and allow you to change it.

Sorry for the trouble! We do ask for your default currency during sign up, but we don’t yet auto-detect your currency based on your location, which would be a great improvement. Hopefully that’s something we can include in future updates!

14. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. back up of our spent money

is there any way that we can have back up of our spent money periodically or optionally when we need..?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from our web interface – just view a group or friend and click the “settings/gear” icon in the upper-right of the right-side column. In the menu that appears, click “Export as spreadsheet” to download a .csv file with all your expenses.

We also have a “download full backup” for Splitwise Pro users under advanced features in account settings. This includes all data for the account, but is in JSON format.

Marshall

16. Two dates. 'Added on' and 'last updated on'

If a transaction is updated with changes, the 'last updated' date is shown and the 'added on' date is just not seen anywhere.

If I want to know when a particular transaction was added I just don't know when it was added if that transaction has been edited. That's a problem.

I feel the two dates provide two different types of information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add global currencies

Hey, Its a great app. Appreciate your efforts and innovation around splitwise.
    I am from india and was trying to use your app. I just realise we don't have Indian currency in it. Is it possible to add INR as optional currency selector.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Actually, Splitwise supports INR already – just go to your account settings and change your default currency to “INR”. You can also change the currency for an individual expense by tapping on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” form. Hope that helps!

18. [BUG] splitting the bill

If you select "I owe (person)" or "(person) owes me" when telling the app how to split it, it then becomes locked and you cannot later change it (as you can when you select split the bill).

For example let's say I create an expense because I owe someone, so I select that. After filling everything out, I realize I don't owe them the full amount, just half of it. I would have to delete that expense and start over creating a new expense in order to make that change, as that is not editable.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Classificate expenses

Should be abble to classify the expenses in such way that we could be abble to control our expenses by type. Ex. I would like to see how much (i.e percentege) of my expenses was in dinning out or groceries. Other then that the app is great!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can add a category to any expense. To do so, tap the blue/grey button to the left of the description/amount fields in the add bill flow. This will bring up a popup that will let you categorize the bill.

Right now we have ‘spending by month by category’ on the web only. We are bringing summaries to mobile soon too.

To access on the web, go to ‘All Expenses’, click ‘trends’ on the right then ‘view full charts’.

ZC

20. Swiping Between Tabs

See https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/swipe-views.html#between-tabs - right now, tabbed views can only be navigated by pressing the header for that tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is finally available with the 4.0 release for Android! Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I know this is an Android convention, so hopefully we can add support for it in a future update.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base