278 results found

1. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Bitcoin is not often used on Splitwise but we would like our currency handling to be better as some currencies do not even have decimal points and some countries use commas. We’ll add this to the list of ways to make currencies more flexible but it’s not possible to say at this time when we’ll be able to implement it.

2. 3D Touch / Force Touch frequent contacts

In iOS, it would be great to be able to set frequent contacts (and groups) so they appear in the 3D Touch / force touch menu on the app icon. This would speed up creating new bills for people or groups that you frequently interact with.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes a lot of sense! I could also imagine the Splitwise app automatically showing your top friends when you use Force Touch, or maybe showing you the most recent person/group that you split an expense with. I’ll pass on your feedback and add it to our list of ideas for future updates :)

3. Suggest who should pick up the tab

When entering a new bill (particularly at a restaurant, but there are many scenarios), once all of the names have been entered into "With you and", figure out who owes the most money among the participants and suggest that person as the "Paid by".

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! For now, you may want to check out the “printable monthly summary” feature for groups on our website. Just log in, click a group in the left sidebar, and then click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses, and you’ll get an itemized breakdown of all the transactions for the month.

5. To add the time at which bill is added by a person along with the price and date of the bill.

When a bill is added, only the date and price of the bill is shown. I suggest you also add the time of the bill.. like when the person is adding the bill on Spiltwise (by App or by PC).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. seen by feature

imclude a feature which shows that the bill is seen by how many of the roomamates and who has seen the bill

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Apple Wallet / Passbook Integration

Imagine opening you Apple wallet and you see a card saying "you still owe £150". Might make you think twice before spending more money on your Apple card. What a great way to remind you you still owe money. A split wise widget reminder right inside your digital wallet.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Using Chillr as a payment method in India

Hello Splitwise Team,

Your app is amazing and we, the sub 30 population in India use it and love it a lot

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’re definitely open to integrating with more payment providers in the future, and we’d love to start adding payment methods in India. Chillr doesn’t appear to have a public API right now, which we’d need in order to integrate, but we’ll keep them in mind for future updates!

9. sum of expenses by type

hello :) I think it could be nice if you could summarize your expenses by type (e.g. liquors or entertrainment) :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website right now (under “Trends” in the right sidebar), as well as on iPad. Hopefully it’s something we can bring to more devices in the future!

10. Improve offline mode: Allow adding offline friends

Need to have a complete offline mode to add offline friends and single handedly record and manage all group expenses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. send msg to all people owe me

can you introduce a option to send message to all the people "owe me" instead of sending them individually. Ex:a option that can send the msg "guys i want to settle all balance before may 5th " to all people who owe me money.

i asked this because i have 50 people who owe me.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting – I personally use Splitwise a lot of course and have a lot of small debts to me as well, so a “remind all” is something I’ve been thinking about a bit. We have a busy roadmap so I’m going to leave this under review to see how many people would also like this or have other suggestions.

For now, you can always remind the largest debtors individually by using the “send reminder button,” and active users will also get the monthly summary to help remind them as well.

Thanks,
    Jon

12. Please consider a first year free and subsequently a $1/year subscription model like WhatsApp used to have.

Occasionally Splitwise will ask me to consider paying $x/month. I use Splitwise just once or twice a month for splitting movie tickets and dinner with friends. A monthly subscription would be a little too much but I am open to paying a $1 fee per year even for the non-Pro version like what WhatsApp used to have.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More robust graphs/trends on mobile

The ability to see YTD spending, break down by cost type, etc. would be great. Also, perhaps a spreadsheet view of expenses.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our website currently has a few more advanced charts and graphs (totals by category, printable monthly summaries), and our iPhone app has a few basic charts as of v4.0 (group totals, export as spreadsheet). We’re hoping to bring similar features to Android soon, and to add more features as time goes on :)

15. Option to export expenses to mail directly

It would be good if one can just open their mail and see details of expenses and debts rather than downloading spreadsheet n viewing it from there.
    So please consider adding this option.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync friends with iOS Contacts

Currently, app friend will not display changes in name of friends, or additional email addresses if added recently.

But such a great app! 5 stars!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a trip(or Event) feature inside a group among same friends

A trip or event option inside a group of four friends gives them the ability to see how much they spent for each trip separately rather than showing the total balance of all trip expenses in group dashboard.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. If you use "split equally" remove the checkbox-feature.

I came across multiple people who put expenses as split equally but unchecked themselves from the expense. It's a very sneaky thing to do and you have to manually check the expense. So if you add people to an expense and you choose to split equally the ability to remove people should be more clear, like putting a warning on the activity like "split equally among unequal people" or something.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be easy to miss if used maliciously, though it is also an intentional feature. (In some groups, it’s quite common for people to add bills that don’t involve themselves.)

19. Allow login to multiple splitwise accounts

I have a splitwise account for US and 1 for India so I can easily work with my friends back home in settling up birthday gifts and charity work. It would be great if I can have both the splitwise accounts login able for my phone app easily so different currencies balance from different account would show up.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Multiple accounts is very difficult to build on our end, so we’re not likely to implement that. We do our best to allow you to create separate groups and use multiple currencies, etc whenever you need to from the same account.

If you have any complaints about the way that works, feel free to email us in private at support@splitwise.com.

If you’d like to merge your two Splitwise accounts and keep both emails attached, please email us at support@splitwise.com and we can also do that for you! As of just a couple weeks ago, we’ve created the ability to support multiple email addresses on the same account, which you can access from your user settings.

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This makes a lot of sense. Personally, I’m not happy with the experience of adding people to a group, and you can expect to definitely see some improvements in this area in a future release.

1 2 5 7 9 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base