Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Statistical data per category of expense.

Instead of naming the bill, make it so that you choose a category and add a comment. then export statistics per week or month for every kind of categorized expense so that we can have more info on the expenses.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’d love to add better support for categories over time, and we already do support this to some extent. When adding an expense, tap on the expense icon to choose a category for the expense. Later, you can export a spreadsheet that includes category information about all of your expenses.

On our website, you can also view a monthly spending breakdown by category by clicking on the “Trends” button at the top of the right sidebar, then clicking the “View full details” link.

2. Tags

Ability to create tags for certain expenses, e.g "Moving costs", "Pets", "Reimbursable", "Sunday trip" when between two people especially

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While we aren’t actively planning to implement tags currently, there are some things that you could essentially use as tags: we have a category for every expense such as transportation – bus, taxi or utilities – gas, power.

You can also create separate group if you want to have expenses for lets say a trip, an apartment or a club to be separate from regular expenses.

3. Improve offline mode in iPhone app

Right now, when you add an expense on iPhone when you don't have a working internet connection, the app tries to save the expense for 30 seconds before giving up and adding it later. Please make the app sync expenses in the background instead of making me wait until it gives up to add another expense.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Payments through MercadoPago

MercadoPago is the largest Payments platform in latín-america. I think integrate its wallet with splitwise would be awesome and very usefull.!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We continually evaluate payment providers to integrate with but we cannot create integrations will all providers. We make attempts to integrate the most popular ones so please check back here to see see the status of your provider.

6. Transfer money directly through Splitwise

Why you are planning to add square cash as an payment option, why you are using third party tools. Instead, do you have any future strategy to implement your own payment option, somewhat exactly as square cash. By this, people will trust in your own application more than someone else. For example, If I have to give some money to my friend, than either I give cash or will send money online by bank transfer or square cash. In either option I have to go and create a transaction in split wise and when my friend give it back than…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! It’d definitely be interesting to transfer money directly through Splitwise (without using PayPal/Venmo/Square Cash/etc). We haven’t built that feature so far because there are a lot of regulations around transferring money, and we’d need to do a lot of technical and legal work, but it’s on our list of possible things to do in the future.

7. View balance by month

It would be nice to be able to view balances by specific month (or other time period). My partner and I settle expenses on a monthly basis, but sometimes we add expenses for the current month before the previous month's balance has been settled. Once those expenses are added, it is it difficult to remember what the previous month's balance was.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our mobile apps don’t really support this yet, but we do have something like this on our website – just log in, go to a particular friend or group, and click the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s bills. You’ll get a summary that includes balances at the beginning and end of the month, as well as net change for the month.

8. Show transactions in the target language of each user

I usually transact with a user that has splitwise in Spanish. When I make a transaction, the other person sees it in English and I see theirs in Spanish. I think I should see all in English, and them all in Spanish. This also affects the web version

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to use your specific language setting as much as possible, though there are a few places where our system currently only supports one language at a time (mainly, expense comments). If there are any particular places where this is driving your crazy, let me know by commenting here or by emailing us at support@splitwise.com. Hopefully we can keep making progress on this over the course of this year!

9. Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Automate currency based on location

I travel a lot and have to remember to set my default currency at the beginning and end of every trip, or alternatively change currency with every expense added (yawn!). Would be great to have the OPTION of location awareness. If turned on it would choose the currency of whatever country I'm in and perhaps a simple override button to use my default currency.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. .. add settings for the picture-quality of the uploaded receipt?

Because sometimes it seems the picture is really low res while the original photo on the phone is high res.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to strike a good balance between image size and picture quality (I think we generally crop images to 1000×1000px). I’m not sure we’ll add a manual setting for image quality, but hopefully we can keep making improvements to allow for better images.

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently printable monthly summaries and statistics are only available on our website. I’m leaving this under review to see how many other users would appreciate this feature.

Best,
    Jon

13. Notify amount due depending on specified amount

User can select specified amount in there app settings. if any of his/her friend exceeded that amount (owe or lent) they should get notification.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pick a date using calendar layout (i.e. the layout in calendar apps), replacing the date/month/year scroll

It will be easier to pick a date using calendar layout, as sometimes if we use date scroll, we may miss the date/month/year and need to scroll it again.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Add image/PDF from cloud storage service (Drive, Dropbox support)

I download electronic (PDF) versions of all my expense statements (electric bill, gas bill, etc) and save them to a folder in Google Drive. It would be great if I could attach the PDF file from Google Drive (or Dropbox, Box, iCloud whatever) to an expense, much like you can already attach a photo from the photo library.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Group cloning feature

I would really help if you could add a clone group feature. I have to maintain expenses on a monthly basis between the same group of people. Creating the same group every time is a pain. Also it would reduce the effort in creating new modified groups.

Like I cloned an existing group and then in the confirmation step, make some modifications if required and then click on a button like create group.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll bring this up at our next design meeting. We do have a feature on the web to export a PDF of the balance for a group for the month. This might help solve this for you for now.

Marshall

17. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the follow-up! We include a more comprehensive backup option in Splitwise Pro on web only right now that we will probably bring to mobile eventually. If you have Splitwise Pro (available in your web account settings) there is an option to export a full backup of your entire account under advanced settings in your web account settings.

Marshall

18. Automatic invite to app

Why can't I send an automatic text to add people to the app? I have to search their phone number and it's annoying! It doesn't show me who is already using the app, I know that a number of my friends are already using it..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

That totally makes sense. Currently, you can invite people using their phone number or email ID, and if they’re already on Splitwise, we do the right thing and link that invite to their existing account. We could look at your address book contacts and probably figure out who is already using Splitwise, so that you are able to add expenses with them directly by using their name.

I’ll be sure to bring this up with the team the next we’re working on our invite/friends logic. Thanks for the suggestion!

19. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. add currency converter and show all the bills in. Single currency, also plan to have money transfers

Luv the app! Try to add currency converter and show all the bills in. Single currency, also plan to have money transfers, either square cash or your own payment gateways.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not completely sure what you mean by ‘Show all bills in single currency’, but I think you’re looking for a way to automatically convert all expenses to one currency? Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to convert currencies automatically, and there are a lot of complications with that, so we’ve chosen not to tackle that problem. Sorry about that.

There is a currency converter available on the web, but that is a Splitwise Pro feature. You can get Splitwise Pro by visiting: https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe

As far as money transfers go, we do support 2 methods: Paypal and Venmo, although these are currently supported in the U.S. only. We’re always looking out to integrate more payment options.

1 2 6 8 10 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base