Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Improve offline mode in iPhone app

Right now, when you add an expense on iPhone when you don't have a working internet connection, the app tries to save the expense for 30 seconds before giving up and adding it later. Please make the app sync expenses in the background instead of making me wait until it gives up to add another expense.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. when displaying list of "All expenses" user should be able to know to whom he borrowed/lent

currently the All expenses UI only shows the list of expenses but doesn't show to whom I borrowed/lent. To know this I need to open each expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, there’s not usually enough room on the screen to do a good job explaining who you borrowed/lent with in that list. When you’re in a group or friendship, we do break down your lending in that group/friend. I’m not sure how we would put this together in a clean way.

Marshall

3. customize notifications for groups

notofication for a partivular group can be turned off or on

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Sharing money function

Thank alot for a very very usefull application.
    I saw that in web version the sharing money has a custom tab that allows people to share each items in the bill. But I cannot find that tab in mobile version. I think that is a very reality function that will be good to be had on mobile version.
    By the way, Splitwise only be used for sharing money without expense management. If Splitwise includes expense management function. It's really an excellent application, I think.

Thanks alot for your application.
    KhiemNS

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have plans to add the various split methods available in the web to the mobile apps in time. However we’re a small dev team so we do not know when we’ll be able to achieve this for all splits on all platforms.

- Aaron

5. Sync friends with iOS Contacts

Currently, app friend will not display changes in name of friends, or additional email addresses if added recently.

But such a great app! 5 stars!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Transfer money directly through Splitwise

Why you are planning to add square cash as an payment option, why you are using third party tools. Instead, do you have any future strategy to implement your own payment option, somewhat exactly as square cash. By this, people will trust in your own application more than someone else. For example, If I have to give some money to my friend, than either I give cash or will send money online by bank transfer or square cash. In either option I have to go and create a transaction in split wise and when my friend give it back than…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! It’d definitely be interesting to transfer money directly through Splitwise (without using PayPal/Venmo/Square Cash/etc). We haven’t built that feature so far because there are a lot of regulations around transferring money, and we’d need to do a lot of technical and legal work, but it’s on our list of possible things to do in the future.

7. Disable loading phone contacts when entering a transaction

If I want to enter a transaction, I want to do this fast, so spent the least possible amount of time on searching and including the right person. The Android app shows all my phonebook contacts, which is not convienient if I just quickly want to add a transaction.

Maybe a separate "import phonebook contacts" button can be made available

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. .. add settings for the picture-quality of the uploaded receipt?

Because sometimes it seems the picture is really low res while the original photo on the phone is high res.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to strike a good balance between image size and picture quality (I think we generally crop images to 1000×1000px). I’m not sure we’ll add a manual setting for image quality, but hopefully we can keep making improvements to allow for better images.

9. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the follow-up! We include a more comprehensive backup option in Splitwise Pro on web only right now that we will probably bring to mobile eventually. If you have Splitwise Pro (available in your web account settings) there is an option to export a full backup of your entire account under advanced settings in your web account settings.

Marshall

10. View balance by month

It would be nice to be able to view balances by specific month (or other time period). My partner and I settle expenses on a monthly basis, but sometimes we add expenses for the current month before the previous month's balance has been settled. Once those expenses are added, it is it difficult to remember what the previous month's balance was.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our mobile apps don’t really support this yet, but we do have something like this on our website – just log in, go to a particular friend or group, and click the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s bills. You’ll get a summary that includes balances at the beginning and end of the month, as well as net change for the month.

11. Add image/PDF from cloud storage service (Drive, Dropbox support)

I download electronic (PDF) versions of all my expense statements (electric bill, gas bill, etc) and save them to a folder in Google Drive. It would be great if I could attach the PDF file from Google Drive (or Dropbox, Box, iCloud whatever) to an expense, much like you can already attach a photo from the photo library.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. More robust graphs/trends on mobile

The ability to see YTD spending, break down by cost type, etc. would be great. Also, perhaps a spreadsheet view of expenses.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Our website currently has a few more advanced charts and graphs (totals by category, printable monthly summaries), and our iPhone app has a few basic charts as of v4.0 (group totals, export as spreadsheet). We’re hoping to bring similar features to Android soon, and to add more features as time goes on :)

13. Consider # of previous payments between individuals when simplifying

I've had two groups where I put in a few major expenses. Some people started settling up by sending me a payment, but then others put in a few new smaller expenses. People who already paid me once now owe me a second payment, which is annoying.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! This probably isn’t an easy update to make, unfortunately, but I’ll definitely add it to our list of possible improvements. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

14. 12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. add expand icon

add expand icon in place of distance displaying all the expenses for each Friend.
    Means when i select the expand icon then only it should display the detailed expenses for each category like groups and non groups expenses, else just display the simplified form of expense

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I know the new style of displaying a friend’s balances looks a bit different, but we thought it was pretty important to show the full details – a lot of people were getting confused about their total balances. Hopefully we can keep improving the design in future updates!

16. Pick a date using calendar layout (i.e. the layout in calendar apps), replacing the date/month/year scroll

It will be easier to pick a date using calendar layout, as sometimes if we use date scroll, we may miss the date/month/year and need to scroll it again.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Button for multiple zero (00 or 000)

Some currencies are usually in thousand (e.g. 54000, 3000, 455000). It will be more effective to use button for multiple zero instead of triple touch the single zero button.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. Sorting categories

Hi,
    It would be very useful to sort the categories by "most used".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Matteo. We are about to add many more words to the autocategorization library which will hopefully speed the process of categorizing a bill up a bit. We can consider this for our next round of work on that feature.
    ZC

20. Ifttt integration for automated expense management

Using split wise in ifttt recipes like outputting to a google spreadsheet for example.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base