Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. Allow linkage to Chase Quickpay

Chase quickpay is a quick method of payment that is offered by Chase bank and something I use with a lot of people. Would be great to see it added to the payment options instead of just paypal and Venmo. Thanks! Loving Splitwise! Thanks for making life as a student easier between my friends and I - no more sending and forgetting Excel spreadsheets!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion and for your kind words about Splitwise.

We will considering adding Chase Quickpay integration if the idea gets popular amongst our user base, and if Chase begins providing a free API for Quickpay (that’s the tech thing we’d need to do the integration).

In the meanwhile, sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for using Splitwise!

ZC

2. iPhone app notification

I have badge app notifications (the red circle that is in the corner of the app) turned on on my iphone, but all I get is a banner that pops up when an expense has been added. I don't want to get e-mails or texts, is it possible for a badge to appear? Also once I or the other person have settled up, can we receive a notification? Thanks

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there – sorry for the trouble! I’m afraid the Splitwise app only supports emails or push notifications right now, and not badges on the app icon. Splitwise should send you a push notification by default any time that another person adds a bill or payment with you, but you can turn off those notifications from the “notifications” section of the settings screen.

3. Email Facility to Non Members

Email Facility to Non Members

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’m not sure if we’re currently planning any features to directly email someone who’s not on Splitwise, but we do have a few options to export expenses in a spreadsheet or printable summary, which you can then email to a person yourself. Right now, “export as spreadsheet” and “view printable summary” are only available on our website, but we’re working on bringing those features to our mobile apps, too. Hope that helps!

4. Some Enhancement suggestions

Hi,

I am using splitwise for months now. it is very good tool to split the expenses.

I guess few more features would be even more useful for the daily users like me. Below are some of the features i can think of

1. We are using to split the expenses made for Apartments, trips etc. Though we can able to know How much we owe and owed, there is no option for us to find the total expenses made in that particular Trip or Particular group. it would be great, if you could add the feature of total expenses for…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the message! Here are a few quick responses:

1) Yep, we definitely want to do a better job of showing totals! Hopefully that’s something you’ll see in the near future.

2) Actually, you can already export to Excel from our website: just choose a group or friend, then click the settings button at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”. We’re working on bringing this feature to our mobile apps, too.

3) If you click on an expense to view its details, then it should give you a history of all edits made to that expense – if the cost was changed, if people were added or removed, etc. You can also see a brief history of all changes by going to the “Recent activity” screen, which shows all recent changes in your account.

4) Other people have also asked for the ability to…

5. 31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. please show total amount in group expenses

While providin printable summary, the total group expenses should be given in it. man u save a hefty amount of our time. thank you great job man. luv u

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll pass this on – I know we already include totals for how much each individual person paid/owed, so it would make sense to include the total of all expenses, too :)

8. Allow group admin to delay notifications until after all bills are added

There's a lot of confusion when people start adding bills and the numbers owed keep changing. It would be better if we could all add our bills for a trip and then once that is complete, trigger the notifications. No need to get so many texts until a trip is all tallied.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We generally try to send notifications for expenses as soon as things happen, as most groups (apartments, etc) are used slowly over long periods of time, but I can see how this’d be useful in cases like yours.

9. Improve on-boarding and FTUX

First time experience is horrible and confusing to non-technical users. Please improve the emails and on boarding so friends know what they are being invited to. Even worse: friends who already had accounts mistakenly signed up with second accounts and didn't know how to merge. We had to delete the group and start over. I had to hand hold everyone and tell them not to add bills or make payments until we were all signed up correctly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Cindy – really sorry for the trouble! We know this is a weak spot for Splitwise right now, and we’re working on improving it.

The “second accounts” issue is a particularly thorny one, and we’ve been adding features recently to try to help the problem, like a “merge accounts” option on the account settings page of our website. In the longer term, we’d like to add the ability for accounts to have more than one email address, in the hopes of preventing this kind of problem in the first place. We’re also working on a big iPhone update to address a bunch of usability issues, and to give new users more instruction the first time that they use the app. (Those changes should make their way to Android as well, once we measure their impact to learn what works and what doesn’t.)

Again, apologies for all the confusion! If…

10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Group Permissions

i know that you already thought about it for sure

but my idea at least the remind button
    other users can remind others for spamming only
    note that i created the group and A,B is members

A remind B thats he own me
    and he keeps doing that forever

if there is permissions at least on that point it will be great

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email/mobile verfication

some ppl will use my email or my mobile without any verfication

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Simplifying removal of users from a group

Its a pain to delete all the expenses of a user before removing him. I suggest that there should be a dialogue box which pops up asking the user who should the debt be passed on to in the group instead of showing an error saying that you cant remove that person. So for example if A is leaving the group where B and C owe him 105 and 110 respectively. Then if D is removing A, he/she should pay A 215 and then the app should show that B owes A 105, and C owes A 110. Doing this…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think I see your use case. I’m not sure if we’d implement it the way you suggest, but basically the issue is with groups that are very similar but changing slightly from week to week. I recommend increasing the size of the group and then unchecking people who are not there from the “split equally dialog” rather than removing them from the group. But I’ll leave the suggestion open as it’s an interesting point.

- Jon

14. separate expenses that don't alter the nett balance owed eg for a car loan to a friend

I would like to have the option of entering a record of money I've lent to a person that is separate to the running nett total eg for a large purchase that I've lent them money for and they are paying me back with interest that amount over time but that is seperate to everyday Bills which we do want to split and settle up in real time

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! For now, my advice would be to create separate groups for the different kinds of debts that you’re tracking, which lets you keep multiple balances with the same person.

15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! There’s not any way to do this from our mobile apps right now, but there are a few possibilities on our website – if you go to a group, you can either pull up a printable summary (click the “view printable summary” link above each month’s expenses) or export your bills to a spreadsheet (click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then click “Export as spreadhsheet”). Hope that helps a bit for now!

16. Add a payment gateway

Provide a way to pay the people to whom we owe.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Navneet! We support a few options in the US (PayPal and Venmo), and we just added an integration with Paytm for our Indian users. We’d love to add more. Hopefully in the future!

17. Graphic development

Develop new icons for each expense! Like coffee, rent, laundry...!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Add location to expense

It would be better if we add location of where the expense is made and filter the expense then it would be more easier..

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Krishna – thanks for the suggestion! We’ve thought a bit about location data before, and it’s something that might show up in a future version of the app. Until then, apologies for any inconvenience!

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add email confirmation

After lots of confusion over why Splitwise was not working, and why my online account did not match my phone, I realized my email account in Splitwise on my phone had a typo, so all funds sent to me was going nowhere. You should require email confirmation on the mobile app! Security concern!! It should also be possible to have multiple emails associated, i.e. One account email and another associated with a paypal account.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Very sorry for the trouble!! I know in the past we’ve tried to keep registration as lightweight as possible, since many people use Splitwise very casually, but I can imagine how confusing it’d be to have payments sent to a wrong address. I’ll pass on your suggestion at our next planning meeting.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base