Skip to content

General

238 results found

1. Add regular payment tracking function for non-split expenses

would be great if I would be able to add payments I make for myself as well. this would allow me to use SPLITWISE for all expenses, currently its 20% split, 80% expenses for myself. of course the split ones are more actionable but some information on the other expenses would greatly help...

in the splitting screen there could be another field I PAY MYSELF.

in the enter detail screen I would just need an optional field to be able to categorize my expenses.

and in the OVERVIEW screen it should show how much was spend you paid XX,XX $"…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Several people would love to use Splitwise for personal expenses, and we’re always interested to hear about this. So far, we’ve stayed away for just the reason you say – the ones owed to others are more actionable. So we are focusing on that for now.

I’m aware that some users input expenses with just themselves, and list themselves as the “payer” as well as the only “ower.” The only place these expenses can be seen is on the “all expenses tab.” But yes, seeing charts and such would be nice in that case, and that’s hard to do right now.

Thanks for the suggestion, and we’ll leave the under review for now.

Cheers,
    Jon

2. Add itemized split method to iOS app?

I love using itemized splits on the website, but can't seem to find this feature in the iOS app. Any plans to bring it to iOS?

Thanks!

127 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating this since it’s been a while. We’re still leaving this as a possible future improvement. This is not a very popular feature on our website. Figuring out the design for mobile apps continues to be a challenge. Sorry for the inconvenience!

3. Custom categories and total overview

I totally like the possibilities of the splitwise web app to show the trends and a monthly overview of the group's total. It would be really awesome if you could also add this overview to the iPhone app. I would also like the ability to split the bill unevenly like it is done in the web app.

Since you doesn't want to enable custom categories I want to request some categories because I have a lot of expenses that doesn't fit in the given categories e.g. party, medicine & health, computer, sport, clothes.

Keep up the good work, this app…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! We’d definitely like to make some further improvements to our iPhone app, and I’ll pass on your category recommendations as well.

P.S. There’s already an option for “Sports” under “Entertainment”, just so you know :) Hope that helps!

4. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

5. A way to show settle up amount for just the past month

I settle up on the first of the month or shortly thereafter. I'd like to see the settle up amount for just the previous month and exclude any recurring bills for next month that are already starting to showing up.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Two possible solutions for you:

If you use groups: Have you tried clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month on our website? That link includes a total for each person for JUST that month, so that you can see how much each person spent/owes for a given month.

If you’re splitting all your bills with one other person: The “Trends” tab in the right-hand sidebar also includes a summary of monthly expenses. Click the “Trends” button at the top of the sidebar, then click the “View full charts” link at the bottom of the sidebar. You’ll be able to see your expenses broken down by category, as well as your total balance for the month.

If that doesn’t do what you’re looking for, let me know and I’ll pass on the suggestion.

6. 250 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Updating since it’s been a while. Currently Square Cash does not have an API that we can use to integrate. At this point we would need Square Cash to change in order for us to do the integration.

7. update Plates to share totals over AirDrop (iOS 7)

I love Plates, and I think the UI is simple and easy to use. When I need to share the totals with the table, text and email options are nice, but sometimes I don't have their contact information.

AirDrop would allow me to send it to them without that info. Being able to AirDrop would make splitting dinner with acquaintances that much easier! Perfect example of this for me: I was at a brunch with 10 people after a wedding at a diner. I only knew 2 of the people at the table. Plates saved the day and made sense…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Overpay&Split

Scenario:
    4 friends chipping in money to buy say beer. They don't know yet how much it will cost. A pays $40, B pays 10, C pays 20 and D pays nothing. B goes with 70 bucks and ends up buying a case of beer for 60 bucks. How can they split equally using the app?

If you've had this scenario in the past, vote for this!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calendar

a calendar feature that helps a home group keep track of who gets paid when, and when bills are due. To help figure out who will actually pay the bill, and then be owed by the rest of the group.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks Randy! Have you tried using the ‘recurring bill’ feature? Interested to know whether that meets this need, or whether you think we need a calendar function on top of it. Thanks for using Splitwise and writing in!

10. android app for tablet

Recently saw in the promotional mail for "Plates" that the android app will get a much needed update. Will the new app be optimised for Tablets also. I have the current splitwise app on my Nexus 7 tablet and it is a very bad user experience. Any timeline on the new version and tablet optimisation?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make it so you can use the iphone app upside down

This may sound a bit odd, but it's trivial to enable in xcode, I think.

I often use Splitwise on my ipad. Since you only have an iphone app, that's what I use.

I often prop up my ipad with the charging port facing up in portrait mode so I can charge it without the cable interfering. This doesn't work right with Splitwise, which will not run upside down like other ipad apps will.

I believe this is just a check box in xCode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. to add a widget for the homescreen

Hi folks,

it would be great to have a widget for the Android app with the following functionality:
    - Display one Friend per line
    - Display the Avatar, the name, the total owed amount or the amount the friend owes me
    - Have a little icon to add a bill and to settle up

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me :)

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

An Android widget is a great idea :) We just started work on a pretty big Android update – for now, we’re mostly focused on improving the core app, but we’d love to include cool stuff like widgets in a future release.

13. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to use "open in Splitwise" for pictures or pdfs of receipts

I use an app called CamScanner to scan my receipts because it crops the receipts and applies a whitening filter to make it look very nice.

I can save this to my camera roll and then import them into splitwise but it would be nice to be able to press "open in splitwise" for any image or pdf. You would have to register the file types your app supports.

Description of technology by Apple:
    If your app is capable of opening specific types of files, you should register that support with the system. This allows other apps, through the iOS…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Unequal Bill Dividing Calculation

One of my most common tasks with Splitwise is dividing a bill unequally with one other person. It would be very handy if entering the amount for one person would automatically calculate the remaining amount owed for the other individual.

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. See who owes who in App

It's annoying to see you still owe someone some money but cant remember what is it about. The app should be able to breakdown who owes who like the one on the website, including the ability to choose to simplify the total money or not.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integrate with GoCardless for Payments

It would be great to avoid the pain and frustration of paypal and just link my GoCardless account with Splitwise so people could pay me via the app or a simple GoCardless URL

They (https://gocardless.com) offer really simple payments with a 1% transaction charge up to a maximum of £2.

Their API is fantastic, very well documented and I think it would be very simple to integrate with.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Group settle

One thing i liked about Billmonk was that i could create random groups and did not have to send invites and link to others. Once I could create random groups i could easily shuffle debts between everyone in the group.. That was super convenient. Also on the fly I could remove and add users during the debt shuffle process.

I wish you could build something like that. It was much better user experience

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on the way groups and friendships work together and we agree that expenses should be shuffled around between people to make peoples lives easier. Adding people to the debt shuffle is something we’ll talk about and see if it’s something we’d like to do.

1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base