Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Attachment option: to attach a copy for the bill

When working in big groups and specially with some people in the group who you do not know too well, it would be good to have a option where in while entering the amount there is an upload bill option. With this all people in the group can see where the money was spent and is the claim genuine.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This feature is already available on both iOS and Android.

While adding a bill, look for a camera icon or receipt option, this allows you to take a picture of the bill and attach it along with the transaction. This picture is then permanently recorded with the expense, and is available to all users involved in the expense.

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This should be how groups currently work – you can only see a group if you are a member of it. Please let us know if this isn’t how it’s working for you.

Marshall

4. Triangle payment can be dispelled itself.

The situation is below. I was owed A $2, A was owed B 2$, B was owned me $2. So the $2 dollar shouldn't be calculated in my owe or owed number. By the way, I'm thinking of making a similar web like this. But I find this one is good. I'd like to contribute anything I can. Below is my mail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re in a group, you can go to group settings and turn on Simplify debts which will do this. If you’re not in a group, you will need to go to your account settings on the website and simplify debts outside of groups from there.

Marshall

5. Splitwise in spanish?

It could be possible?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Currency conversion in the app

As a pro subscriber I'd like to be able to do the currency conversion in the app not just on the web version

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency Conversion is available as a Pro feature on all platforms!

You can convert the currency of expenses in a group or friendship to your default currency via the menu in the header of a groups or friendships in both our Android and iOS apps.

If you’d like to convert expenses to a different currency you can do so by (temporarily) changing your default currency from your Account Settings page.

8. Reallocate payments upon settling up to minimize transfers between group members

While i love splitwise, when a group is large, the total number of payments needed to settle up becomes unmanageable. We had 13 people in the group and settling up required each person to make payment to or get payment from the other 12 people, resulting in 144 total transfers. In some cases, the amount was less than $1. Instead, if Person A owes Person B and Person B owes Person C, Splitwise should have Person A pay Person C directly as opposed to having two separate payments. This would make the app exponentially better!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble – we actually do this already! If you go into your group’s settings and turn on the “simplify debts” option, we’ll automatically reallocate payments to reduce the total number of payments necessary. Hope that helps!

9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. back up of our spent money

is there any way that we can have back up of our spent money periodically or optionally when we need..?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this from our web interface – just view a group or friend and click the “settings/gear” icon in the upper-right of the right-side column. In the menu that appears, click “Export as spreadsheet” to download a .csv file with all your expenses.

We also have a “download full backup” for Splitwise Pro users under advanced features in account settings. This includes all data for the account, but is in JSON format.

Marshall

11. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  12. Two dates. 'Added on' and 'last updated on'

If a transaction is updated with changes, the 'last updated' date is shown and the 'added on' date is just not seen anywhere.

If I want to know when a particular transaction was added I just don't know when it was added if that transaction has been edited. That's a problem.

I feel the two dates provide two different types of information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currency Option

Select the default currency of the user on the basis of his location. Get it from google or ask them in the sign up form. Or use location based.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: both mobile apps now guess your currency during sign up based on your locale settings and allow you to change it.

Sorry for the trouble! We do ask for your default currency during sign up, but we don’t yet auto-detect your currency based on your location, which would be a great improvement. Hopefully that’s something we can include in future updates!

14. Add back "Quick add" for expenses

One of my favorite features that I'm sorely missing from the new app. It's saved me so much time over the years.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quick-add still exists! Just tap-and-hold on the plus button at the bottom of the screen, and you should be able to quick-add new expenses and payments. Hope that helps!

15. Add global currencies

Hey, Its a great app. Appreciate your efforts and innovation around splitwise.
    I am from india and was trying to use your app. I just realise we don't have Indian currency in it. Is it possible to add INR as optional currency selector.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Actually, Splitwise supports INR already – just go to your account settings and change your default currency to “INR”. You can also change the currency for an individual expense by tapping on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” form. Hope that helps!

16. Allow partial settlement of bills

currently entire owed amount can be settled. allow partial settlement such as 200 settled out of 1000 that was owed

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise should already allow you to record partial settlements – after you hit “Settle up”, just delete the number from the amount field and enter any number that you’d like. Splitwise will add a record of your payment, and your total balance will update accordingly.

17. Monthly total expenses

In All expenses field we can see the expenses for the month but it doesn't have the total expenses.

Instead of manual calculation if you could provide total expenses for every month then it would be great!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show us all the Data.

I noticed today that there are just last 5 months of data and transactions are shown what if I need to see more or all the transaction since I joined the split-wise.

Please advice and have us an ability to select how much data you wants to see and you can store that data on our phone. Not on your server.

Thank You,
    KruPesh Patel

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! Splitwise actually keeps all of your data indefinitely – if you’re no longer seeing an old expense, it’s most likely because someone else deleted that bill, or because an old group was automatically hidden due to inactivity.

If you’d like to download a copy of your data, you can always export any group or friend to a spreadsheet on our website. Just log in, click on a friend or group in the left sidebar, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar and choose “Export as spreadsheet”.

19. Swiping Between Tabs

See https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/swipe-views.html#between-tabs - right now, tabbed views can only be navigated by pressing the header for that tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is finally available with the 4.0 release for Android! Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I know this is an Android convention, so hopefully we can add support for it in a future update.

20. Export data to spreadsheet directly from app

To see how money was spent and make critical reviews.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

We hear you loud and clear! Spreadsheet export will soon be available on iPhone, and a bit later on Android.

Right now, you CAN export to spreadsheet but only on the website. You can do this by going to the group/friend in question, then clicking on the settings “gear” in the upper right, then “Export as spreadsheet.”

Best,
    Jon

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base