Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Add more currency options

I was living in USA And I loved this app. Now I am living in India i would help if you add more currency options in the app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey Hiren – we actually support a wide variety of currencies already, including INR! You can change the currency when adding a bill by clicking on the currency symbol next to the cost field, or you can change your default currency for all future bills from your account settings page. Hope that helps!

2. Custom settle up

Your application is great and we are using it in group of friends. But the one thing that is extremly needed on mobile is custom settle up as it is in web browser. It should allow to change the person who paid the payment and the person who received it with possibility to set ammount in any currency.
    To simulate this we have to add fake expence that will state that somebody give money to other person and later convert it on web app.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This is now available on all three platforms! Groups now have custom settle up from the page for each group. For custom friend only settle up on mobile, you need to go tot he non-group expenses entry from the groups list and click settle up from there.

Marshall

3. Monthly payments

Monthly payment details and settling up monthly wise will very helpful

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sambhav – sorry for the trouble! Our mobile apps for iOS and Android should already be able to pull contacts from your address book. Inviting contacts by email address is supported everywhere. Inviting contacts by phone number is only supported in the US, unfortunately, as we’ve had a very large number of issues supporting non-US phone numbers taken from contacts (which almost always lack area codes, country codes, etc). Our apologies for the inconvenience!

5. Have possibility to settle up anytime

Hi,

Consider such scenario - we agree with friends that we will order food, orderer will create bill in future, but I want to pay (settle up) in advance. Currently there are 2 ways of improvement which will allow me paying in advance:
    1. (very small fix) Remove notification which blocks settle up when you are already settled up with someone,
    2. (a little bigger) Allow to settle up in group and choose who pays whom.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: you can now enter a payment with anyone in a group by going to settle up and clicking on more options at the bottom. To add a payment with any friend, you will need to use the non-group expenses entry in the groups list and settle up from there.

Hey Piotr, thanks for the suggestion! That definitely makes sense, and I know we’ve wanted to add that feature for a while – you can already do it from our website, just not from our mobile apps. Hopefully we’ll have time to add the feature to our mobile apps soon. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience!

6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 update finally adds material design to our interface!

I’d definitely love to update the app to material design when we get a chance! We’re a very small team (only 2 engineers), so it might take us a while, but hopefully it’ll be worth the wait.

7. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

For US users, the mobile app imports phone numbers and allows you to invite friends with those phone numbers. Outside the US, we do not automatically import phone numbers, as we’ve found there’s a very high failure rate with sending international SMS messages (lots of people fail to include their country code in the number, or enter a phone number that cannot receive SMS messages).

8. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

9. Select the mobile number from phone book

Mobile number is not automatically taken from the phone book when I tried to add a friend using the mobile app after selecting the person's name.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Whiteboard on Mobile App

I couldn't find Whiteboard option in Android App.
    It it is there, kindly guide me to it.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Whiteboard is now available in both our Android and iPhone apps!

Android: tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your group page.
    iPhone: tap ‘More’ in the header of your group page

11. (mobile) Option to hide friends which I am settled-up with

When looking at the current balance with my friends, it would be useful to hide the ones which I'm settled-up with. I should be able to see them all when adding a new expense.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: all our platforms will now automatically hide friends/groups that you have been settled up with for more than 40 days. We also have a filter on mobile at the top of the friends and groups list to show only people you owe or people who owe you.

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, we have a somewhat hidden way to do this already – from the home screen, just tap on the “Total balance” box at the top of the screen, and anyone who’s settled up should disappear. It’s only temporary, but it should help you see who you have balances with at a glance.

12. Different mobile notifications setting per device

I have 2 devices on Android (Tablet + phone), and i cannot disable notifications only for the tablet, since the notifications settings is set for all mobile devices, and not per device

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Upcoming bills

Have a spot for upcoming bills that will be due. With reminders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web, Android, or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone.

Marshall

15. Could you make it so that I can choose what sort of notification noise I receive?

At present, I'm only able to select whether or not I get notifications and not the type of sound or whether or not it vibrates. I'd like to still receive notifications on my phone but be able to choose a silent option so that I'm not disturbed late at night or early in the morning should someone make an entry at those times. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Show dates on mobile app

Like the design of the website, showing the dates on the list of transactions would help differentiate between multiple charges from the same place but on different days.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. I cant see notifications on my phone for longer time

It would be good if you keep notifications tab included in your application.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enter a bill as another group member

A a group member, when entering a bill, I want to select another group member who paid the bill.

Reasoning: she doesn't have access to their phone with them at the moment, so someone else can record the transaction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send Notification for any update

Hello,

Please add this functionality.

Thanks
    Suresh Bhandari