Skip to content

General

278 results found

1. sum of expenses by type

hello :) I think it could be nice if you could summarize your expenses by type (e.g. liquors or entertrainment) :)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We have a very basic version of this on our website right now (under “Trends” in the right sidebar), as well as on iPad. Hopefully it’s something we can bring to more devices in the future!

2. seen by feature

imclude a feature which shows that the bill is seen by how many of the roomamates and who has seen the bill

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Slack Integration

It would be great for teams (corporate or otherwise) to use a slack integration to keep track of SplitWise data. Slack is one of the top most platforms where most of us are always on - any plans to get that integration done?

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. send msg to all people owe me

can you introduce a option to send message to all the people "owe me" instead of sending them individually. Ex:a option that can send the msg "guys i want to settle all balance before may 5th " to all people who owe me money.

i asked this because i have 50 people who owe me.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for posting – I personally use Splitwise a lot of course and have a lot of small debts to me as well, so a “remind all” is something I’ve been thinking about a bit. We have a busy roadmap so I’m going to leave this under review to see how many people would also like this or have other suggestions.

For now, you can always remind the largest debtors individually by using the “send reminder button,” and active users will also get the monthly summary to help remind them as well.

Thanks,
    Jon

5. Financing bill option

Entering a total purchase amount to be split by two people and paid in full by a due date. Then the option to set a monthly/weekly amount due. For example, I financed a purchase with my boyfriend. We have a monthly total due until the amount is paid off. Being able to see the full amount due, but his amount owed to me only reflecting that months payment rather than the total would be nice. This way it would calculate what I may owe him monthly rather than it seeming like he always owes me a large sum.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. Plates app: unequal food items

I'd like to suggest the ability to unequally split a food item. My example is recently we ordered a bucket of beers at dinner. The dinner was with 3 people total and 5 beers in a bucket. 2 people had 2 each, while the 3rd person only had 1.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! This probably isn’t something we’ll be able to add to Plates (the existing interface is already quite complicated), but we’ll look into it if this gets a lot of votes.

Marshall

7. To add the time at which bill is added by a person along with the price and date of the bill.

When a bill is added, only the date and price of the bill is shown. I suggest you also add the time of the bill.. like when the person is adding the bill on Spiltwise (by App or by PC).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Apple Wallet / Passbook Integration

Imagine opening you Apple wallet and you see a card saying "you still owe £150". Might make you think twice before spending more money on your Apple card. What a great way to remind you you still owe money. A split wise widget reminder right inside your digital wallet.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Payments through MercadoPago

MercadoPago is the largest Payments platform in latín-america. I think integrate its wallet with splitwise would be awesome and very usefull.!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We continually evaluate payment providers to integrate with but we cannot create integrations will all providers. We make attempts to integrate the most popular ones so please check back here to see see the status of your provider.

10. Add a trip(or Event) feature inside a group among same friends

A trip or event option inside a group of four friends gives them the ability to see how much they spent for each trip separately rather than showing the total balance of all trip expenses in group dashboard.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. Export improvement (layout, total expense and CSV compatibility)

As in Webapp, the CSV export is not useful : there is no total expense, and no detail of repartition. I recommend finding example on the ShareTheBill app with an excellent export tool, and wonderfull layout (i have example on old holidays data);

In France, CSV is not well recognized because of separator trouble, and a replacement in text editor is not enough because also the decimal will be changed... Could it be options to define separators before?

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you taken a look at the monthly PDF export for groups on the website? The csv export is meant as a simple summary, not something that would include lots of details.

Marshall

12. Improve offline mode: Allow adding offline friends

Need to have a complete offline mode to add offline friends and single handedly record and manage all group expenses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Currently printable monthly summaries and statistics are only available on our website. I’m leaving this under review to see how many other users would appreciate this feature.

Best,
    Jon

14. Please consider a first year free and subsequently a $1/year subscription model like WhatsApp used to have.

Occasionally Splitwise will ask me to consider paying $x/month. I use Splitwise just once or twice a month for splitting movie tickets and dinner with friends. A monthly subscription would be a little too much but I am open to paying a $1 fee per year even for the non-Pro version like what WhatsApp used to have.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notify amount due depending on specified amount

User can select specified amount in there app settings. if any of his/her friend exceeded that amount (owe or lent) they should get notification.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created without properly linking PayPal or Venmo to both PAY and RECEIVE PAYMENTS

Splitwise currently allows different emails for Splitwise and Venmo accounts without linking them. The result is that Splitwise fails to connect to an account for you to RECEIVE payments but it takes them from you.

Splitwise should NEVER EVER allow accounts to be created that haven't properly been linked for BOTH paying AND receiving payments.

This is Splitwise's fault for not having a verification system. Splitwise needs to fix this problem, otherwise people will pay you and it will just sit around.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d definitely like to add more explicit confirmation for PayPal/Venmo payments in the future, and we’ve been working on the ability for a Splitwise user to have multiple email addresses for their account (e.g. one for PayPal, one for Venmo, etc). Hopefully we can make more improvements in this area this year.

18. Using Chillr as a payment method in India

Hello Splitwise Team,

Your app is amazing and we, the sub 30 population in India use it and love it a lot

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! We’re definitely open to integrating with more payment providers in the future, and we’d love to start adding payment methods in India. Chillr doesn’t appear to have a public API right now, which we’d need in order to integrate, but we’ll keep them in mind for future updates!

19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful, though there are some cases where it’s not possible (for example, if two people both change the total cost of a bill).

For now, we do keep a history of all transaction changes in the comments, so if two people try to change an item at the same time, you should be able to see the details of both those attempted changes in the comments. Sorry that we don’t have a more convenient way to handle this yet!

20. Show transactions in the target language of each user

I usually transact with a user that has splitwise in Spanish. When I make a transaction, the other person sees it in English and I see theirs in Spanish. I think I should see all in English, and them all in Spanish. This also affects the web version

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We try to use your specific language setting as much as possible, though there are a few places where our system currently only supports one language at a time (mainly, expense comments). If there are any particular places where this is driving your crazy, let me know by commenting here or by emailing us at support@splitwise.com. Hopefully we can keep making progress on this over the course of this year!

1 2 6 8 10 13 14

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base