Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Splitting Unequally by shares or % on Android app

I would like to see this feature on the Android app too :) I love that it's been implemented on the web version.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Could you make it so that I can choose what sort of notification noise I receive?

At present, I'm only able to select whether or not I get notifications and not the type of sound or whether or not it vibrates. I'd like to still receive notifications on my phone but be able to choose a silent option so that I'm not disturbed late at night or early in the morning should someone make an entry at those times. Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. Reallocate payments upon settling up to minimize transfers between group members

While i love splitwise, when a group is large, the total number of payments needed to settle up becomes unmanageable. We had 13 people in the group and settling up required each person to make payment to or get payment from the other 12 people, resulting in 144 total transfers. In some cases, the amount was less than $1. Instead, if Person A owes Person B and Person B owes Person C, Splitwise should have Person A pay Person C directly as opposed to having two separate payments. This would make the app exponentially better!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble – we actually do this already! If you go into your group’s settings and turn on the “simplify debts” option, we’ll automatically reallocate payments to reduce the total number of payments necessary. Hope that helps!

4. Archive debts

The option to archive (instead of deleting) a debt/group would reduce clutter and make Splitwise much more usable, while still allowing us to still keep track of outstanding debts.

Thanks for considering this!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now hide groups/friends that have been settled up for more than 40 days on all three platforms. We also hide older expenses behind a click whenever a group or friendship has completely settled up.

Marshall

5. Custom settle up

Your application is great and we are using it in group of friends. But the one thing that is extremly needed on mobile is custom settle up as it is in web browser. It should allow to change the person who paid the payment and the person who received it with possibility to set ammount in any currency.
    To simulate this we have to add fake expence that will state that somebody give money to other person and later convert it on web app.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available on all three platforms! Groups now have custom settle up from the page for each group. For custom friend only settle up on mobile, you need to go tot he non-group expenses entry from the groups list and click settle up from there.

Marshall

6. Select the mobile number from phone book

Mobile number is not automatically taken from the phone book when I tried to add a friend using the mobile app after selecting the person's name.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. 1Password Integration

It would be very simple if the login form had the 1Password integration, this way, users who believe in strong passwords can login conveniently.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now available on iOS!

Thanks for the suggestion – I can definitely see how this would be useful! I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements on iOS.

8. Recurring expense

Every moth there will be some common recurring expenses, I wish you can allow us to duplicate/ copy an existing expense so we can update and save as new. For example I have mobile expense split between 4 people in different way (not equally), every month it's same, so it's a pain to enter everything again and again. If I can just copy and recreate, then entering finite details like service name/ or splitting details/ etc will be eliminated.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We actually have a feature for recurring bills already, if that’s what you’re looking for! Just tap on the date when adding a bill, and you can set it to recur as often as you’d like – new copies of the bill will automatically be generated each week/month/etc.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, just leave a comment and let me know what you mean, and I’d be happy to pass on the feedback :)

9. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Settling up in multiple currencies

If you have debts in multiple currencies you can't see how much you owe if the debt go beyond two lines. You also cannot chose what order you want to settle up currencies. This is inconvenient.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Both mobile platforms should now display balances in multiple currencies more completely and should show more options when settling up to handle these cases.

Marshall

11. Enable "Pay via Paypal" on your mobile app.

The "Pay via Paypal" feature is the best! Add that to the mobile app to make this service a thousand times better!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Also, being able to edit friends info within the app

Hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Right now, the app only allows you to take pictures on the spot. You cannot use the ones from your camera roll.

Also, we cannot edit friends info on the app. If we select a wrong eail adress it cannot be edited/changed on the app. We have to login online to do so. So being able to edit friends email addresses within the app would be great too!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation smtime

please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to save receipts that are not square

Using the iPhone app you can only save receipts that are square. Could you add the ability to save receipts of all sizes? I think this is important since non of my receipts are actually square.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we no longer crop receipts on iPhone.

I’ll pass on this suggestion. Currently, we crop everything to be square because it makes it easier to display in a nice way (you don’t have to worry about different aspect ratios, landscape vs portrait, etc), but I can understand why you’d want a non-square receipt.

15. Delete Expense

1. When a expense is deleted, a push notification is sent to ios users, however it doesnt say who deleted the expense?

Could you please add this information in the push message.

1. When the push notification is clicked, it should take straight to that particular expense details and not the overview screen.

Please do the needful for our convenience.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expenses are getting added twice

This is a serious issue which I found more than 3 times. After adding expenses it's got added 2 times. Hope you will look in to it.

Thanks
    Raees

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. Deleting a group on the mobile app

Ability to delete a group from the mobile app. (This group was created in the mobile app and is unable to be seen on the web app)

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Emoji support

I'd like to be able to add emojis to my debt titles

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Emoji support was added on April 1st 2016! We also released a complete emoji translation of the site for April Fools Day. It will not be around forever so check it out!

19. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  20. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there – you can actually update your profile picture already! You should be able to change your picture in our mobile app by going to the settings screen and tapping on your current picture. You can also change your picture from our website by logging in to splitwise.com and going to the account settings page. Hope that helps!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base