Skip to content

General

173 results found

1. Highlight settled up entries

Whenever someone settles up with another person, the entries whose total has been settled-up should be highlighted (or greyed out). Currently, when I check the entries with a particular person, I still see even the settled-up entries in a similar format as before settling and it gets confusing to identify whether a particular entry has been settled up or not.

Thanks and looking forward to implementation of this feature as I don't really think it is too complicated.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate a bill splitting app

Whether Splitwise makes this or integrates with another app like Tab, I think it would be super helpful to be able to scan your receipt and split items between people and divide tax and tip accordingly. It's annoying to have to split the receipt (like a restaurant receipt) in Tab and then copy that over to Splitwise. Not enough to make me stop using the app because it's been great but it'd be nice.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show contact info

Give users the ability to see the contact info linked to each contact's name. Sometimes, I'd like to know if I'm sending a notification to someone's email or phone number but there's no way to see. For some reason, sometimes I have two contacts for the same person and one will be linked to an email address and another will be linked to a phone number but I can't tell which one is which.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mention what has changed in an expense in your mobile notifications

Hi there,

I tend to go back through my expenses and categorise them - it's borderline OCD but I prefer having all my expenses organised that way.

The trouble is that everytime I change a category (which is pretty harmless), all my friends who were party to that expense get notifications saying that I've changed "something". It alarms them because they don't know what I've changed and they try to check. I've been at the receiving end of many angry messages telling me to stop editing expenses :(

I think we could help this situation easily enough - if you…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow partial settlement of bills

currently entire owed amount can be settled. allow partial settlement such as 200 settled out of 1000 that was owed

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hey there! Splitwise should already allow you to record partial settlements – after you hit “Settle up”, just delete the number from the amount field and enter any number that you’d like. Splitwise will add a record of your payment, and your total balance will update accordingly.

6. Exchange rate option for multiple currencies missing

If exchange rate can be fed amongst currencies by user then final balance can be achieved in single currency.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Triangle payment can be dispelled itself.

The situation is below. I was owed A $2, A was owed B 2$, B was owned me $2. So the $2 dollar shouldn't be calculated in my owe or owed number. By the way, I'm thinking of making a similar web like this. But I find this one is good. I'd like to contribute anything I can. Below is my mail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

If you’re in a group, you can go to group settings and turn on Simplify debts which will do this. If you’re not in a group, you will need to go to your account settings on the website and simplify debts outside of groups from there.

Marshall

8. option to select people from different groups

Please add all memeber as contacts..for example a person X belongs to group A, and person Y belong to Group Y. sometimes we need share between one person in a different group with another person in different group.

It would be great idea to have all people names at one place and have option to add expenses by selecting there name..as well group that way it is now.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Summary

There should be a summary of the total expenses to be paid for and to be collected and NET.

Somewhere in the app you need to display TOTAL to be paid, TOTAL to be collected and the NET status.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. to include the settling up function in the mobile app as well.

I am very mch impressed by Splitwise and its use for students especially. The "Settle Up" function in the web version is the best feature. But this feature is not included in the mobile application (iOS). As we students heavily depend on mobiles for day to day activities, it would be great addition and improvement to the application.

Thank you once again

Azhar

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Groups to include couples

It would be really great if there was a way to add "double weight" to some people in a group. I.e. I have a group of travelers that includes some singles and some couples. It would be easier to just have one member of the couple in the group, but have them count as two people when dividing expenses. Is there some way to do this that I am missing?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

When adding an expense on web, Android, or iPhone, you can click on “split equally” and split by shares instead, assigning multiple shares to someone.

Marshall

12. Allow person to exchange the amount they owe and are owed to them e.g. I owe A 100, and B owes me 100, I should b able to say B will pay A

we should pay difference of what we owe and are owed in a group. if you can't settle from your side who will pay whom, allow user to shift the amount, so that I could make people who owe me pay the people whom I owe.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds like you’re looking for our “simplify debts” feature. This minimizes repayments between group members but doesn’t change anyone’s total balance. To enable this setting please visit “group settings”.

13. Convite por SMS

O app é ótimo.
    Falta a opção de convidar novos usuários por SMS.
    A opção de ter que colocar o e-mail pode inviabilizar ou ser muito burocrática pra quem recebe.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. adding person to existing group

BAfter adding person to existing group you cannot modifying existing expense and to split the amount with the new person. The only way is to delete this expense and to recreate it again

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Please release the app supported for ipad tooo

Right now the app is only supported on iphone.can you also add support for ipad device too??It will be very helpful.

Cheers!!!!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. on removing some1 instead of "Mohit removed you as friend" say "Mohit doesn't want to keep track of expenses with you anymore"

when I remove someone it means I don't want to track expenses with that person anymore. so instead of saying "Mohit removed you as a friend" say "Mohit removed you from splitwise, as he doesn't want to track expenses with you anymore, He still wants you as his friend"

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add payee using Mobile number

Allow yourself to add a payee using mobile number. Too often you don't have people's email addresses and need to add a payment owing.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Swiping Between Tabs

See https://developer.android.com/design/patterns/swipe-views.html#between-tabs - right now, tabbed views can only be navigated by pressing the header for that tab.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is finally available with the 4.0 release for Android! Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I know this is an Android convention, so hopefully we can add support for it in a future update.

19. Different mobile notifications setting per device

I have 2 devices on Android (Tablet + phone), and i cannot disable notifications only for the tablet, since the notifications settings is set for all mobile devices, and not per device

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Upcoming bills

Have a spot for upcoming bills that will be due. With reminders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base