Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Give an easy way to type shop names / descriptions

I tend to use Description to enter the shop name, or service provider for the bill. This means that I tend to have several bills over time for the same shop / provider, eg. for household builds, local shops, etc.
    It would be nice if 1) either I could enter a shop name separate from description and/or 2) have an auto-complete on shop name and/or description based on previously entered expenses. That would speed things up even more!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Auto-complete is one of those things that we’ve wanted to do for a while, but never found the time to actually implement – it’s definitely something we’re considering for the future, though. I’ll pass on your thoughts about a separate “shop name” field, as well :)

2. Show historical who owes whom what data

I'd like to be able to prove to my roommates that the numbers on Splitwise reflect an accurate picture of how much we owe each other. Typically there is a point in time at which we all agree that the numbers were correct on splitwise (e.g. right before a new person joins the group, right before a big purchase, etc.), but we're less confident that everything's been entered since that point. So I'd like to be able to click a transaction in the list, and then click "Show me what the numbers looked like right after this item posted". Then…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I definitely sympathize – piecing together why someone owes what they owe can be really difficult, especially when it involves lots of old expenses. I’ll pass on the suggestion, but for now, if you’re using a group, you might want to try the “view printable summary” option on our website (which you can find by going to a group, then clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month’s expenses). The printable summary gives you a basic version of your suggested feature: it shows your balance at the beginning of a month, then each individual expense for the month, and then your balance at the end of the month.

If you like Excel, you could also try the “Export to spreadsheet” option on the web (select a group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right sidebar, then choose “Export as spreadsheet”). It’s not…

3. Attachments

Allow downloading of attachments on the web version along with the excel file

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Spit Tip equally (separate from itemised bill and tax)

When eating out it makes sense to split the bill as per who ordered what, but with a tip an option to split equally would be nice.

Sometimes the dishes aren't too far apart in price and you are paying for the service, so we frequently split the tip equally.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Bank account details somewhere/anywhere

Hi. Liking this service so far.

Its nice keeping track of debts, however, it is not much use not knowing how to pay it. (Not everyone uses paypal).

In UK and Australia, someone just needs bank account details to do a transfer. Would be nice either to have one or all of the following:

1. My own account details available for my friends to see. Even if not in their own fields, maybe in a "other info" memo type field.

2. Or be able to put my own comments on my friends so I can make a note of their account details.…

419 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    161 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Storing bank account #s is unfortunately tricky, as there are some serious security concerns around bank #s here in the US and in some other countries. Still, we’d like to do it if possible. It’s not on our roadmap yet, but we’re definitely considering it for the future.

6. Hide data in printable summary in which i am not involved

Hi Team,

Please also hide data in which i am not involved in printable summary.

Thanks in advanced

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I think the reason we don’t do this right now is in order to help people find mistakes – for example, sometimes there’s a bill you SHOULD have been included on, but you weren’t for some reason, and including that bill in the printable summary makes that easier to find.

7. Please add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

Please provide an option to filter out expenses/payments by user , similar to the option of hide expenses not involving me.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you may be able to use “Export as spreadsheet” to accomplish some of this. You can export a spreadsheet from our website by going to a group or friend, then clicking the settings icon in the upper right and choosing “Export”. Hope that helps!

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! I can see how this would be useful – maybe we could add it as an optional setting? I don’t think we’d want to do it automatically, as there are some cases where it doesn’t really apply (e.g. when a new person moves into an existing apartment after a few months). Regardless, I’ll pass on the idea. Thanks!

9. Reauthorize Venmo

It makes me re-athorize with Venmo each time? Instead of just storing the credentials? A bit annoying when trying to batch-settle up

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi Brian,

Fair enough, and sorry for the trouble. Eventually, you won’t have to re-authorize each time. It will probably be a few months before allow anyone to store a payment credential but we love the idea.

Cheers,
    Jon

10. Add date range option to "Export as spreadsheet" function

Currently when I click the "Export as spreadsheet" link under Group Settings it gives me all of the transactions that have ever been recorded in the group. Since I use a group to track expenses with roommates, I like to export the data on a monthly basis, and it would be great if I didn't have to go back and delete all the old data from the beginning of the file each time.

Alternatively, the "view printable summary" already gives a nice monthly snapshot, so if there was a way to export that view to a spreadsheet, that would work…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Good suggestion! We’ve talked about adding a date range to both the export and the monthly summary – it’s never quite made it to the top of the to-do list, but hopefully it will sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry for the delay!

11. Payment Options

You can add the payment options and allow transfer of money to other accounts , like kind of link accounts with splitwise and transfer directly . Something of that sort which is for sure safe and secure

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We don’t currently have plans to transfer money directly through Splitwise. We do integrate with PayPal and Venmo in the US, and we just integrated with Paytm for our Indian users, these allow you to make transfers to other users if you’ve connected with your bank account. We hope to continue to integrate with other payment providers in the future!

12. Adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons in the website.

Dear Team,
    Please consider adding EdenRed/Sodexo coupons column along with money as many people in India get EdenRed/Sodexo coupons as a part of their salary.
    Would love to see a reply for my suggestion

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Just to clarify, is the suggestion adding them as a “currency” or as a payment method (ala PayPal)? Are they denominated in points, or in INR, or some other currency?

Cheers,
    Jon

13. Give users the ability to see future balances for recurring expenses.

In our group we have expenses like Rent, Internet & Netflix that are static in amount most of the year. We have expenses like this set as recurring.

When expenses are recurring there's not much room to quickly see an upcoming balance which is ultimately what my suggestion would provide.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable a toggle between simplify debts "on" and "off"

"Simplify debts" is by far the easiest way to get squared up, say, at the end of the month. However, it confuses the heck out of some of my friends who get confused by the idea of owing a whole bunch of money to one person to whom they might not owe anything directly (eg "Why do I own $100 to person A? She never lent me money" "well it's because you own person B money, and person B owes person A" ... you get the idea.

If you could quickly toggle between the simplified and unsimplified debts, it would…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! We definitely want to make “simplify debts” a bit clearer, though we’ve had trouble successfully doing that. (That’s actually one of the reasons it’s buried in the settings now – some people used to turn it on and off quite frequently, and then OTHER members of their groups would get confused about why their balances were changing.) I like the idea of a temporary toggle, though, to just “preview” what the group would look like the other way. I’ll pass on the feedback and see if we can add it to our list of future updates :)

15. Chrome extension

Most people open famous web apps through extensions.
    So it would be great if you build an extension for splitwise as this would really support browser users

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to add a default PayPal address

An account should have the ability to specify an alternate PayPal address so that when it's time to settle up, the alternate address will be used instead of the address associated with Splitwise.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. We’d like to add the ability for an account to include multiple email addresses, and setting different default addresses for PayPal/Venmo/etc seems like a logical extension of that.

17. Facilitate Multiple Groups within a Group.

Instead of hiding the expenses when Balance is $0,
    Settle Up a Group Month Wise, so that a same group can be used, thus avoiding duplicate groups.

So that we can have Monthly Balances & a Gross Total Balance.
    Multiple Groups within a Group will give us more flexibility & Ease.

Right now i am creating a Group Every Month.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I’m not sure it’s applicable to a lot of Splitwise users – most people only use one group on Splitwise, or no groups at all – but it’s an interesting idea, and worth discussing.

18. Intellisense

Hi,

This is a great web app. I was thinking, as the users who are using this app for everyday expenses management, their expense description remains same or similar. So, if you can store those descriptions and as user starts typing, you can show a probable list to select from their earlier descriptions. It will be more user friendly as then user doesn't need to type the same thing over and over again everyday or every week.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I can definitely see how that would be useful! We’ve got a bunch of features already on our to-do list, but I’ll pass on the suggestion at our next team meeting and see if we want to add that sometime soon.

19. Viewing printable summary

Please add a feature to view the summary in a single list.
    Currently if expenses are spread across different months, there are different summary links for each month. I couldn't find a way to view the full summary via a single link.This would be helpful if a gr
    Please add this

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good suggestion! We’ve talked about adding a date range to both the export and the monthly summary – it’s never quite made it to the top of the to-do list, but hopefully it will sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry for the delay!

20. Monthly billing

Me and my roommates settle up our bills at the end of each month. Would like option to see monthly billing, so that we can settle bills for each month and not carry over.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might try clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month – it should give you a summary of bills for just that month.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base