Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Feature reques: Move personal balance to group

In the knowledge base article "Why am I settled up in my friendship but still have balances with my friend in groups?", I learned that I can move the balance with A in group G to personal balance with A. However, I need to do the other way around: move the personal balance with A to group G. The story is like this: I owe $1 from A, B, C, D personally and separately, however, they are all in group G, so I would rather to move them to G so that I owe the group $4. Further, if there…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Definitely makes sense! We’re working on better ways of settling up across both personal debts and group debts, because we know it’s a pain in the neck right now :) We hope to have new features to help with that soon!

2. Adjust bar length in dashboard according to currency rates

I currently have both Dollars and Korean Wons in my Dashboard. Sadly, the bars of the dollar amounts are tiny, since they are overwhelmed by the 20,000 Wons. Interestingly enough, 20,000 Wons are just $20. You should do currency conversion and adjust the sizes accordingly.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry about this! We know the dashboard bar graph isn’t that great if you use multiple currencies – improving that is on our to-do list, but not very high priority, since very few of our users use multiple currencies. Still, we hope to update it at some point!

3. New Product Suggestion - Bank Ledger

I love your platform. You should totally add the ability to allow people to use splitwise as a bank ledger. Essentially it would be the same as your current product save for the other entity in the "group" would be a bank instead of another person.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to include better bank support in the future, though it’ll probably take us a long time to do any actual bank integrations. For now, you could try creating a group, with yourself and one other member called “Bank”, and keep track of a ledger that way…it’s a bit messy, but could be worth a try!

4. 27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow importing expenses from a Settle Up App

Currently I am using Settle Up and would like to import my expenses in your application

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add print option

Wanted to be able to print Trip split calculator to pass out to group of people before the trip. I can print it via web but looks better if it have print option for registered user to print it in print format.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. Textbox for Quantity

Next to the $ text box add a text box for Quantity which will help reduce the amount of time the user when entering itemized bills

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. To add option to see yearly Expenses

I can see the expenses for individual months. If i want to see combined expenses for multiple months and yearly then there should be a option to see that expenses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync with Gmail contacts when entering email addresses for a group

When I create a group, I should be able to access Gmail contacts when I enter their addresses

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep debts on PDF summary until paid

I love splitwise. One thing I have a problem with though is remembering old debts. I have a couple things people owe me for that are beyond a month old so there for they no longer show up on the summary. The amounts of those items do carry over at the bottom but that is no good if we can't remember what the debt was for (i.e I paid someone's share of the Christmas decorating expense) having a name attached to older debts is really helpful so everyone can remember

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add colours to "friend'" names in groups

Adding colours to names would make it easier/quicker to identify who paid what

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to group expenses in Graphs

Being able to have a graphical report in Splitwise is what made try it this month for the household expenses. But I would like to have the option to see the graph of expenses with the overall category. For example: not just "cinema", "dining out", etc. but the option to see all "entertainment" as one slice of the graph, as well as "housing" and "utilities". That would be more very helpful for budgeting - again the reason I'm trying Splitwise (and Pro)

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make "Add a Bill" a floating action button

Currently, if I'm scrolling through old transactions and want to add a bill, I have to scroll back up to the top of the page to hit the "Add a Bill" button. If this were a FAB I could add a transaction from anywhere in the history.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the Spending Breakdown table sortable or at least order it by amount spent

Also, I don't see a reason to provide my name and email every time I want to give feedback…while logged in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. This is a sensible request that I can see us considering next time we make an update to the spending breakdown view.

Our support system is run by a third party (UserVoice). We don’t have a way to automatically pass them your info when you go to access support from the web app, hence the ask.

15. List view: "Recurring" label not visible on longer entries

In list view, if the text of the bill / entry is longer than ca. 30 characters, it gets truncated with a "..." at the end. Since the "recurring" label (as well as the chat / notes label and the attachment / photo label) get appended at the end of the bill title, they end up being not visible for longer bill titles.

IMHO all this would be solved nicely if all these labels (recurring, chat / comment, attachment / photo) would be added in a separate row under the bill title.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There should be a "Hide items not involving me" button for "All Expenses"

There is no "Hide Items not involving me" button for the "All Expenses" tab. It is there for the specific groups.
    I also tried to go to the group that I want to hide transactions from and then come back to the "All Expenses" tab, but it does not seem to work.
    It would be good to have this functionality since I need to track transactions, and not just what I owe most of the time, and the alternative, "Recent Activity" tab does not seem to be of the same use. Don't know how difficult it would be to implement…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Facebook Group integration

It would be wonderful if Splitwise could integrate with a Facebook Group so that all members of a group became part of a Splitwise group too.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “share an invite link” function, which gives you a link that anyone can use to join the group. On the web, you can get this link by going to the group’s settings page, then clicking on “Send your friends an invite link” above the list of group members. Hope that helps!

18. Charts should not aggregate "Other" from different categories

It looks like Splitwise combines all "Other" expenses from different categories. It would be great it they were shown as separate ones like "Life: Other", "Transportation: Others" etc.

Here's screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt2yx9rcp765c6u/Screenshot%202016-02-15%2012.42.42.png?dl=0

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

19. Change the Settle All balances

Team,
    The option of "Settle All balances" seems to be confusing, instead of this, can we not record a cash payment. Alternatively, this option should be read only since it is automated. We have also noticed that this is getting added automated when we record a cash payment but doesnt get deleted when we delete the cash payment.
    Looking forward to hear back from you.
    Thanks,
    Anuj

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We do plan to improve this feature at some point. We will most likely not make it read only (adding things you can’t edit or delete is rarely a good thing). You can currently record a cash payment and avoid this. To do so, you must record a payment separately in each group you owe money in instead of making one payment for everything.

Marshall

20. Make it more clear how to remove someone from a group

I couldn't find where to remove a person from a group on the web app, so I had to do it on my mobile app. Ideally it would as straightforward on each

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, our website could definitely use some love in the near future – apologies for the confusion. If you need to do this again in the near future, you can remove a group member on the web by opening that group’s page, then clicking the “Settings” icon at the top of the right sidebar and choosing “Edit group settings”.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base