Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. enable mass editing of expenses

I have a bunch of expenses that I want to put in a group but I can't find a way to do it other than one at a time. There should be a way to edit several fields on multiple expenses at once. I see there's a suggestion called "Bulk Edit Expense" but it hasn't been commented on since 2012.

By the way, I just clicked to sign in with Google and got this security message from Chrome: You attempted to reach feedback.splitwise.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.uservoice.com. This may be caused by a…

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    84 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Updating this as it’s been a while. We’ve discussed this a few times and can see how it would be useful in a few cases (such as mass-moving expenses between groups – if you or anyone else needs help with that, feel free to send us a support email). We’ll keep it open for now for further voting and comments.

2. Enable a toggle between simplify debts "on" and "off"

"Simplify debts" is by far the easiest way to get squared up, say, at the end of the month. However, it confuses the heck out of some of my friends who get confused by the idea of owing a whole bunch of money to one person to whom they might not owe anything directly (eg "Why do I own $100 to person A? She never lent me money" "well it's because you own person B money, and person B owes person A" ... you get the idea.

If you could quickly toggle between the simplified and unsimplified debts, it would…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the trouble! We definitely want to make “simplify debts” a bit clearer, though we’ve had trouble successfully doing that. (That’s actually one of the reasons it’s buried in the settings now – some people used to turn it on and off quite frequently, and then OTHER members of their groups would get confused about why their balances were changing.) I like the idea of a temporary toggle, though, to just “preview” what the group would look like the other way. I’ll pass on the feedback and see if we can add it to our list of future updates :)

3. Chrome extension

Most people open famous web apps through extensions.
    So it would be great if you build an extension for splitwise as this would really support browser users

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. Add date range option to "Export as spreadsheet" function

Currently when I click the "Export as spreadsheet" link under Group Settings it gives me all of the transactions that have ever been recorded in the group. Since I use a group to track expenses with roommates, I like to export the data on a monthly basis, and it would be great if I didn't have to go back and delete all the old data from the beginning of the file each time.

Alternatively, the "view printable summary" already gives a nice monthly snapshot, so if there was a way to export that view to a spreadsheet, that would work…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Good suggestion! We’ve talked about adding a date range to both the export and the monthly summary – it’s never quite made it to the top of the to-do list, but hopefully it will sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry for the delay!

5. Viewing printable summary

Please add a feature to view the summary in a single list.
    Currently if expenses are spread across different months, there are different summary links for each month. I couldn't find a way to view the full summary via a single link.This would be helpful if a gr
    Please add this

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Good suggestion! We’ve talked about adding a date range to both the export and the monthly summary – it’s never quite made it to the top of the to-do list, but hopefully it will sometime soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry for the delay!

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Great idea! We’d love to help facilitate logins to Utility providers, but for security reasons, we plan to add some additional layers of security (optional PIN login, stronger password controls, and external auditing) before we provide anything that should be good enough for storing login data securely. For now, I would not recommend storing login data or account details in any of the data entry fields on Splitwise.

- Jon

7. can add additional feature of having graphic trends per individual per month

I would like to see graphical analysis of my expenses per group, all groups in selectable period (Date between/ Monthly)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Abhinav,

You can see our current best analysis by category by month by going to: splitwise.com

1. Either navigate the group you are interested in or All Expenses
    2. Click the Trends widget on the upper right, and then view full charts

Custom defined periods would have to be a pro feature – that is very expensive computationally to do for us at present. You can also export group level data to csv via the gear in the upper right → Export as spreadsheet to do your own analysis if you want custom ranges.

I hope this helps!
    Jon

8. Mavericks/Safari push notifications

It would be great if you supported Safari push notifications in OS X Mavericks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would definitely be a cool addition at some point! It’s probably at least a little ways down the line (heck, we’re still working on bringing iOS/Android push notifications up to speed), but I’ll add it to our list of ideas for the future :)

9. Integrate Paytm with Splitwise

You're building a great eco-system of applications and you guys are quite responsive to feedback. Congratulations for that !

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate Paytm (https://paytm.com/) for payments with Splitwise. It will be a very convenient alternative for a lot of users.

285 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    97 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  10. Monthly billing

Me and my roommates settle up our bills at the end of each month. Would like option to see monthly billing, so that we can settle bills for each month and not carry over.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might try clicking the “view printable summary” link at the top of each month – it should give you a summary of bills for just that month.

11. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort/Filter by Currency

It would be great if we can filter the expenses by currency. If not then sort by currency is desirable. This would immensely help in managing the expenses with same currency

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might want to try exporting as a spreadsheet (go to a friend/group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Export as spreadsheet”). You’ll then be able to sort or filter bills as you wish in Excel, Google Drive, or any other spreadsheet program.

13. Please add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

Please provide an option to filter out expenses/payments by user , similar to the option of hide expenses not involving me.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you may be able to use “Export as spreadsheet” to accomplish some of this. You can export a spreadsheet from our website by going to a group or friend, then clicking the settings icon in the upper right and choosing “Export”. Hope that helps!

14. Facilitate Multiple Groups within a Group.

Instead of hiding the expenses when Balance is $0,
    Settle Up a Group Month Wise, so that a same group can be used, thus avoiding duplicate groups.

So that we can have Monthly Balances & a Gross Total Balance.
    Multiple Groups within a Group will give us more flexibility & Ease.

Right now i am creating a Group Every Month.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! I’m not sure it’s applicable to a lot of Splitwise users – most people only use one group on Splitwise, or no groups at all – but it’s an interesting idea, and worth discussing.

15. New Group

when you add a new group, you should have the option of carrying over balances for those members into the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to enter payees (like electric company or gas company) to which we pay bills, instead of just individual bills.

I pay three primary bills a month; gas, electric, and internet. If I were able to look at these companies as a "payee" such as Consumers Energy, it would be super nice. Then, if you were to add the functionality of being able to look at your "history" with that payee, average monthly expense, and maybe some suggestions on saving for bills, it would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  17. make it easier to add a person to a group

It took me a couple of minutes to find how to add someone to a group which I felt was pretty hidden. I would've imagined that "add a person to group" would be in the right hand panel, or in the view full details overlay.

or ... if i clicked on a user, that I could have a dropdown to add a user to a group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Chart preparation

I had this wonderful idea regarding improvement of splitwise. I feel splitwise app should also have a built-in function that will help the people using it to prepare their monthly expense after dividing it in group wise..that is for every group he should be able to see how much did he spend with respect to individual group! How does this sound ?? I think its cool and boost the popularity because everyone needs to account for their expense and what better way to do it when splitwise will help them!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Pujan, thanks for the suggestion! We definitely want to get better at things like this.

Have you seen the monthly charts section on our website? If you open a group, then click the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand column, and then click the “View full charts” link, you should be able to see all of your own spending for the group that month, split into individual categories. It’s not perfect, but it may help you until we find time to work on some better chart features :)

19. Payment Options

You can add the payment options and allow transfer of money to other accounts , like kind of link accounts with splitwise and transfer directly . Something of that sort which is for sure safe and secure

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to transfer money directly through Splitwise. We do integrate with PayPal and Venmo in the US, and we just integrated with Paytm for our Indian users, these allow you to make transfers to other users if you’ve connected with your bank account. We hope to continue to integrate with other payment providers in the future!

20. Import Excel format Bank Statement (BoFA)

Directly Import the bank statement to add bill for whole month and show an option of each line item to be tagged (like facebook tagging) under any group or person

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting! I know we’re generally cautious about building importers (they can be a lot of work to develop, and they generally don’t get much use), but I’ll pass on this suggestion at our next meeting and see what the team thinks.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base