Skip to content

General

208 results found

1. Get Whitelisted by AdBlockPlus

Your advertising isn't obtrusive or annoying, and your service is super useful. You should see about getting whitelisted by AdBlockPlus because you completely deserve to get paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you click on “view full details” under the group balances on the website, you will get a more detailed list of how we think you should settle up with individual settle up buttons like you describe.

We should probably consider showing more options after clicking the general settle up button on the group page.

Marshall

3. Expense reminder

I made an expense with a friend who is out of reach for a month. I have already added it to Splitwise but the share has not been decided. I want a reminder after 'd' days (when my friend is likely to be back) that the amount in the expense needs revision. Is this currently do-able?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see why you would want a reminder in this case. This isn’t doable at the moment, though you could add a comment to the expense that you need to update it.

We’re really loathe to add “do it later” features in general to the app because if you get into the habit of putting off entering data (which is the most annoying part of any app like this), you can wind up with a pile of unfinished expenses.

We have a couple of potential features that might help with this, though, so I’m leaving this as under review.

Marshall

4. to give a added feature of getting monthly expence made by each person after or before the settlement.

this features helps us to track our monthly expenses individually. And also the group expenses spent monthly. That is if I add a bill the flow should go on as it is working now additionally there should be extra feature which keeps individual expenses which should be highlighted in our profile. And after settlements also it should get adjusted automatically then individual person can know how much he has spent for a month. For example :
    in a group of 3, all will be adding there bills but there is be no indication of individual expense, so by adding this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Hiding of types of expenses and/or Favorites

Hi, I think it will be useful if you can hide some of the expenses you won't be using at all or as an alternative, there may be one more category - favorites and there you may put the ones that you use most. Great site!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. View detailed "who owes who" in printable summary.

Sometimes (if someone doesn't use splitwise) you should at least mail/copy/give them all information about the calculation so it would be great to provide the simplified amounts of the entire group like displayed in the web (view full details) and app (in balances).

This could also be helpful in the mail reminders optionally.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I can definitely see why that would be useful :) I’ll pass on your suggestion at our next team meeting, and see if we can add it to our to-do list.

7. Intellisense

Hi,

This is a great web app. I was thinking, as the users who are using this app for everyday expenses management, their expense description remains same or similar. So, if you can store those descriptions and as user starts typing, you can show a probable list to select from their earlier descriptions. It will be more user friendly as then user doesn't need to type the same thing over and over again everyday or every week.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I can definitely see how that would be useful! We’ve got a bunch of features already on our to-do list, but I’ll pass on the suggestion at our next team meeting and see if we want to add that sometime soon.

8. there should be individual settle button in Dashboard.

there should be a settle button against individual line items in dashboard. now i can see that who owe me or i owe who what. but i have to go to individual group/friend to settle up that amount. it'll be really good to have a individual settle button beside the line item say under a friend's name "you owe 450 for XXX".
    Thx

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on this suggestion! In the meantime, you should be able to settle up from the dashboard by clicking the green “Settle up” button above the list of balances, choosing a payment method, and then choosing the person you wish to pay back. Splitwise should automatically fill in the total amount that you owe that person. I hope that helps somewhat for now!

9. Ability to add a default PayPal address

An account should have the ability to specify an alternate PayPal address so that when it's time to settle up, the alternate address will be used instead of the address associated with Splitwise.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! This definitely makes sense. We’d like to add the ability for an account to include multiple email addresses, and setting different default addresses for PayPal/Venmo/etc seems like a logical extension of that.

10. Make the "Add a Bill" pop up div draggable

When I click the orange "Add a Bill" button that brings up the pop-up div, many times I need to look at what's behind it as I type my new bill. Currently, I'll start typing, have to close the window, look at an old bill, and then open up the add a bill button again and start typing the bill all over again. If you could make the div draggable when the header is clicked and held, that would be awesome.

*** Note to developers: It only takes one line of jquery code to do this (and it's cross-browser of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – this would definitely be nice!

Unfortunately, I suspect it may be more than just one line of code, as there are places where we use custom positioning logic for our pop-ups (to handle sliding sub-menus and such). Still, I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future :)

11. Allow Custom Labels

Been using your app for a while now, it's pretty sweet!

Thought it might be cool to be able to add my own custom labels to bills. Similar to the 'Recurring' labels that automatically gets added to bills. That way I would be able to mark bills as 'Paid' or add other useful information that is relevant to my room mates and should be visible at a glance.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting – I can see how this would be useful. I’ll add it to our list of possible future updates. For the time being, you could try using the “Notes” field to accomplish something similar, though obviously it’s a bit more buried (you’d need to click on each expense to view its “labels”).

12. summary of all the expenses per category

It would be very usefull to know how much each one has spent since the creation of the account for each category.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea – I’ll pass it on at our next team meeting!

In the meantime, you can already view monthly category summaries on the web by going to a friend/group/all expenses and clicking the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand column. Then click the “view full charts” link at the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.

Alternately, you could try exporting your expenses with any friend or group to a spreadsheet, and then building charts from that.

13. Average balance of a user

Add a stat which shows a user's average balance. This will actually imply monetary behaviour of a user over a period of time (and hence his generosity or lack of it). It's an easy to implement and yet cool feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! We definitely like encouraging people to be responsible about paying each other back :) We’ve also considered a graph of your total balance over time, which would accomplish some similar things. We’re a bit tied up with Android work at the moment, but I’ll add this to our list of possible future improvements.

14. Entire and monthly export option

There should be an option to export the entire transactions of an account for a particular month.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. enable a user that he can export a list of expenses as PDF

As a user I want to be able to export my expenses (all expenses, only expenses with a certain person or [especially] expenses from one trip) as a PDF file so that I can use this PDF as base for settling up with others (especially after a trip).
    For me as a user this really helps me to have a kind of "proof" that someone ows me money. Especially for trips where I suggest friends to use splitwise the first time, they might not be fully convinved yet and want to calculate on their own if the costs on splitwise…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Makes sense! We actually have an export-to-spreadsheet for individual friends and groups already (on web only). If you click the settings/gear icon at the top of the right-hand column, you should see an option to “Export as spreadsheet”.

We’d definitely like to add a better, more human-readable version in the future, either as a PDF or just a printable webpage. Right now we’re more focused on Android and a few other things, but hopefully we’ll get around to it before too long!

16. Show today's balances

It would be nice to have the option to show the money owed in current day. As an example, I have a 1:1 group and there are some upcoming bills, and it only shows up the total owed money including those bills. I want to have the possibility to see how much do I owe (or get back) today, including only the bills already paid.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Taxable items in itemized view

Hi,

Hey guys... love the work you are doing..
    It would be great if you could add a checkbox in the itemized bill view to select items that are taxable or not. It generally happens when we do shopping for groceries in walmart or target, taxes are not applicable on many items and currently we have to manually calculate the tax with every applicable item; defeating the purpose of the tax field at the bottom.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow fixed and percentage splitting

I used to use billmonk and it had an awesome feature which splitwise is lacking. It is the ability to split by fixed amount and percentage.

eg. Total bill: $38.50

UserA: $10.30
    UserB: 1/2 of remainder
    UserC: 1/2 of remainder

Of course, if there were more users, it will be 1/3, 1/4 of remainder.
    Would be great to see this feature implemented!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anon,

Thanks for the cool suggestion. Yes, there have been a couple situations where I would have done this myself. Our new Plates app for iPhone can do this for dinner bills, and I’ve certainly found it useful there.

Cheers,
    Jon

19. Should allow sending invites to friends of friends

When I see a transaction of which I am part of, I should be able to directly invite other people in that transaction.

It's probable that I want to add them to another bill but at the moment I have to invite them by their email id's (which might turn out to be different from the one they use for splitwise)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New Product Suggestion - Bank Ledger

I love your platform. You should totally add the ability to allow people to use splitwise as a bank ledger. Essentially it would be the same as your current product save for the other entity in the "group" would be a bank instead of another person.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to include better bank support in the future, though it’ll probably take us a long time to do any actual bank integrations. For now, you could try creating a group, with yourself and one other member called “Bank”, and keep track of a ledger that way…it’s a bit messy, but could be worth a try!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base