Skip to content

General

186 results found

1. my activity

Hello,

Sometime I want to see what all expenses I have already added so that I can add only the remaining one.
    Can there be an option to track just "my activity" for last 30-60 days.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Splitwise travel calculator. More than 14 days please!

Just add a few more days to make the calculator more usable.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Using several phone numbers

I am an international person and I use several international phone numbers. I would like to use all together in the same Splitewise account.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  4. save data form data locally

As I was creating an expense, I accidentally clicked outside the modal window, which cleared all the data I entered. This is very annoying. It should persist locally.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow export of all transactions in QIF/QFX/CSV

I use PocketSmith for budgeting and personal finance.

When you think about it, a splitwise balance is like a loan/demand deposit (depending on whether you are net owed or owing money).

Since I use PocketSmith to give me a holistic view of my finances, I'd like it to reflect my Splitwise balance too (especially since I'm often owed 3 figure sums).

The easiest way to do this in an app/service-agnostic way would be to allow the export of all transactions, as a QIF/QFX/CSV file. Most personal finance/bugeting apps allow import from one or more of these formats.

The current per-friend/group…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. add a cancel button to this page

add a cancel button to the new group page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I think we left this off intentionally to make the page a little simpler to use in the general case of just getting started, though I’ll see if we can think about adding a cancel button here.

Marshall

7. Double check your special character parsing on notes

When I add the following smiley face symbol to a comment, the text following the '<' is not rendered, along with the '<' itself:

_<

The '<' symbol and all text following are not rendered.

Thanks for building an awesome product!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow pasting of clipboard image for bill receipt

Allow pasting of clipboard image directly , for receipts in Splitwise bill instead of only allowing us to upload from PC. Many times, the bill receipts will be present in Gmail or Google photos. We could take a screenshot of that receipt by pasting it to the clipboard. If Splitwise provides a feature to directly paste the clipboard's image for bill receipts, instead of having to download that image or PDF and upload it, it'd be great.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. look into the expenses summary

When checking out the (printable) expenses summary it shows the received payments as expenses. So at the bottom line when it tallies up everything the totale expenses per person are higher than the actual expenses. I believe it should deduct the received payments to get a correct overview.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! I definitely understand your reasoning. Right now, the printable summary includes payments so that it can present an accurate total of how much your balance has changed during the month, taking into account both expenses and payments. In the future, hopefully we can separate out expense totals in a way that makes them clearer.

10. Allow an end date for recurring payments, or build an incremental recurring payment option

This would allow me to pay someone back in increments until the whole amount is paid back. For example, my fiance paid for flights for our upcoming vacation. I want to pay him back $700 over the next 6 months, so I'd like to set up a recurring monthly payment of $117 that ends after 6 payments. Alternatively, you could add another option for divided bills that automatically calculates and schedules gradual payments.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I see how this would be a good improvement. Are you aware that you can set a payment to reoccur already, although we don’t have as fine tuning as you’d like? If you need any help setting our (basic) reoccuring feature up please email support@splitwise.com. Thanks, Zoe

11. Intelligently Choose Year in Quick Add

When entering expenses in the quick add form, it always picks the current year if you just enter a dd/MM date. I would imagine that most people using this are going to be entering past expenses, but if you use this for entering last year's expenses after new year, then the year goes in wrong. For example, I've entered an expense on 24/12, which gets interpreted in 2017.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – that definitely makes sense! Quick-add is a pretty infrequently used part of Splitwise, so this probably won’t be fixed right away, but hopefully it’s something we can take a look at before 2018 :)

12. Improve Search feature

I'm a Pro subscriber and the search is nice, but it only seems to look in the transaction description. I'd also like to be able to search by amount.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. Add more payment options

You could have more payment connectors, like apple pay, android pay, debit card. Also, keep an eye for international platforms, I'm an international user and I'd love to use my local payment systems (There's a startup here in Brazil called PicPay, it's a venmo copycat). That would drive adoption A LOT!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely interested in adding more payment options! Unfortunately, some of the more well-known options (Apple Pay, Android Pay) don’t currently allow third-party apps to send person-to-person payments, so we haven’t been able to add them yet, but we’re hopeful that those companies will open up their APIs in the future. And non-US payment providers are definitely on our to-do list too! :)

14. add autocomplete (from keyboard) from currencies USD

currently inserting bills in other currencies than USD is painful.
    I would like to click on "$" sign and quickly type e.g. EUR, PLN, GBD or something and press enter to have this currency used.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. View-Only link

I often create groups with members who do not have an account and enter their expenses myself. My workflow right now is to print the overview and send a PDF in the end. That PDF is a bit overwhelming.

Having a link that allows to view all the things in a group would be great. That link could also be used as an invitation link.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for groups with “dummy” members (though we do generally encourage people to include email addresses when adding other group members, so that those other people can simply log in to Splitwise themselves). A view-only mode isn’t on our roadmap yet, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future.

16. have a search option in settle up

It sucks when you have a lot of ppl on splitwise and you have scrol through it when you are looking for the name of the person you are "settling up" with(by clicking the settle up button on the dashboard)
    So having a search text box on top would be great

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “filtering” search field in the left sidebar – just type in the name of the person you want to settle with, then click their name in the left sidebar, and then click the “Settle up” button as usual. Splitwise will automatically fill in that person as the person you’re settling up with.

17. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

19. Allow incoming bills be linked directly to Splitwise

Is there a feature where we could link our incoming bills for other users involved to see? If not, I'd love to see it. For example, it would be nice to have an electronic gas bill come in as a read only document so everyone paying can just look straight at the bill when it is received and not have to wait for someone to post what payment would be. I suppose it would be linked through your email acct and/or utility company. This transparency also allows people to be more on top of their payments, and more accountable should…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the clear suggestion. Makes sense to me, but also probably slow for large accounts.

Leaving open / under review to see how many other folks want to vote for it.

Best,
    Jon

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base