Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. to view individual expenses in a bar graph as there was earlier

I can't see the feature which shows bar graph of an individual expenses. This feature was there 6 months back but I can't find it now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Do you mean the bar graph of your balances with all friends, or the monthly pie chart of expenses?

You can view the bar graph of your balances by going to the dashboard and clicking the “view as chart” button in the middle of the page.

You can view the monthly pie chart by going to any friend or group, clicking the “trends” button at the top of the right-hand sidebar, and then clicking “View full charts” at the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.

Hope that helps! Email us at support@splitwise.com if you’re still having trouble, or if I’ve misunderstood your request.

2. Don't show pairwise balances owed for groups

I much much much prefer the older interface where it would show how much everyone owed the group / was owed by the group, rather than how much I supposedly owe other people or are owed by other people. Please revert back to the old view, or give me an option to do so.

I !!!DO NOT WANT!!! to have to go back to the world of debt shuffling that I had with billmonk. These changes make me more likely to switch back to billmonk.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That option still exists – it’s called “simplified debt”, and it sounds like it was probably turned off in your group. Just visit your group’s page on the web, click the “view full details” link at the bottom of the list of balances, and you’ll see a toggle to turn simplified debt on and off.

Hope that helps! If you’re still having trouble, email us at support@splitwise.com and we’ll help you sort it out.

3. Make the Recurring Label Smaller

Maybe just an R? It gets cut off.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fairness calculators page has inconsistent UI

The fairness calculators page (https://secure.splitwise.com/calculators) still has the old black and green UI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  5. It can be confusing at first when you don't know that groups are set to have the "Simplify Debts" option on by default, you let users choose

It can be confusing at first when you don't know that groups are set to have the "Simplify Debts" option on by default, you let users choose at the time you create a group, or at least let them know somehow, since some times it is not desirable.

Also, that option is a bit obtuse to find, having to click on any of the people in the group. I accidentally found it, and when trying to find it again hours later it took me a while, since I was naturally looking in the Settings (Gear)/ Edit Group Settings of the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. have a bill that can be split amongst others.

For example, I pay $10 for something, but it was for my two roommates, so they each split that bill and pay $5 each. Currently, I have to enter it so we each pay $3.33, which really doesn't work for us.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already do this, actually :) On the web “add bill” form, click “split equally” to open the split details screen, and then uncheck the box next to your own name to remove yourself from owing any part of the bill.

If you’re still having trouble, let us know at support@splitwise.com and we’d be glad to help.

8. Have one button for when one person owes another (no splitting)

The way I use splitwise, I'm inputting a large number of transactions where someone else owes me the full amount. With the new design, I have to open a new menu and change the split settings for each transaction, which is a pain. Another solution would be to allow users to set defaults.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to post expenses for that user only

The new format requires you to define who else is involved, and I am using Splitwise to track my own budget that is often, but not always, shared with my girlfriend. I'd like to continue to do so with the new system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Itemized options

hard to find itemized bill part in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if it’s as easy as possible yet, but we’ve settled on the current design at the moment. Please let us know if you still think it’s too hard to find.

Marshall

11. Update email notification

I have subscribed to Email notifications for changes made to expenses.
    When my friend updates an expense, I get a email notification like "Car wash: $12.95' updated by Jack Maynes. A friend just updated ‘car wash’ in the shared tab ‘Toyota Camry’." The problem is that I do not know the transaction details before he updated it. Once he updates the transaction, I have no way of finding out what the value of the transaction was before he updated it.
    For example, if he updates the Car Wash from $22.95 to $12.95, you message only informs me of the new…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. Reminders bar to the account view

Add reminders to the app as well along with sending it on the mails. So any point someone has to make to the group should appear on an alert bar on the left always (Probably with changed colors for the checked and new ones).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually do have a place for notifications on the website – it’s the flag icon at the upper-left of the screen (next to the Splitwise logo), which turns red any time you have a new notification. It seems like a lot of people are missing that, so we’re planning to tweak the design to try to make it more noticeable.

13. Better way to add people

I like the new way of adding bills. I have one feedback though.. I would prefer to add people to a bill by looking at existing friends in my list but I dont think there is a way to do that in this new design

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Kenya Shilling + conversion

Hi,
    I think you should add some more currencies and also a Automatic Conversion netween them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mathias – I’ve just added the KES to our list of currencies. It may take an hour or two to appear on the website.

We don’t currently plan to do automatic conversion between currencies, because only a small percentage of our users would use it, and because there are a few thorny issues we’d rather not get involved with. (Say I add an expense today for something that happened six months ago…should I use the conversion rate for today, or the conversion rate from September 2012?)

15. improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the description field look more like an input field

I like the new design for inputting bills to split, but the space to put the name of the bill doesn't look like a field I can edit. The first time opened the box, I didn't read that string then was looking for where I could type in the description.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Periodic email updates of amounts owing

If this service were to suddenly disappear (please no!) I would have little idea of how much money people owe me or vice versa. I could be left out of pocket $100s of dollars. It would be nice if you could elect to receive periodic summaries via email of amounts owing between all of your friends (weekly, monthly etc.). This way you wouldn't have to go as far back if something were to happen to your data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Clayton – we do send out monthly summaries by default, detailing your spending for the past month and your total balances. You can turn that option on or off from your user settings page.

We’re also considering adding a weekly summary option, so if that’s something you’re interested in, let us know!

18. User required to enter data every time a change is made to the people who will split the bill

Since the bill details are asked first, I enter those details first before selecting the people involved. Once I then select the people involved, the bill details are reset and I have to enter them again.

(Divide a Bill page.. )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to add more people to a bill in the new design

Where is the option to add more than one person to a bill outside a group in the new design?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete pending invites, move members in groups

Sent an invite to two wrong emails, and now I can't invite the right one. He's already my friend, but there's no way to add him to the group. If there is, its poorly placed. How do I delete a friend?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

To delete a friend, go to the friends page on the web app and click on the gear menu by their name. An option to remove the friend should appear.

Similarly, the gear menu for groups has an option to edit the group settings which will allow you to add and remove members.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base