Skip to content

General

186 results found

1. Printable Summary for NonGroup Expenses

Like a printable summary for each separate group, is it possible to get a printable summary for non-group expenses

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll add this to our list of possible features for the future. For now, you could try exporting a spreadsheet from the friend screen – you can only do it for one friend at a time, but it’ll list all of your non-group expenses with that particular person.

2. To have Pie Chart for Dashboard Chart View

Currently we have Bar Chart. I would be better if we have Pie Chart Over there. It will be convenient for Viewing also.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Facebook Group integration

It would be wonderful if Splitwise could integrate with a Facebook Group so that all members of a group became part of a Splitwise group too.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “share an invite link” function, which gives you a link that anyone can use to join the group. On the web, you can get this link by going to the group’s settings page, then clicking on “Send your friends an invite link” above the list of group members. Hope that helps!

4. View-Only link

I often create groups with members who do not have an account and enter their expenses myself. My workflow right now is to print the overview and send a PDF in the end. That PDF is a bit overwhelming.

Having a link that allows to view all the things in a group would be great. That link could also be used as an invitation link.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I can see how this would be useful for groups with “dummy” members (though we do generally encourage people to include email addresses when adding other group members, so that those other people can simply log in to Splitwise themselves). A view-only mode isn’t on our roadmap yet, but I’ll add it to our list of possible improvements for the future.

5. have a search option in settle up

It sucks when you have a lot of ppl on splitwise and you have scrol through it when you are looking for the name of the person you are "settling up" with(by clicking the settle up button on the dashboard)
    So having a search text box on top would be great

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For now, you could try using the “filtering” search field in the left sidebar – just type in the name of the person you want to settle with, then click their name in the left sidebar, and then click the “Settle up” button as usual. Splitwise will automatically fill in that person as the person you’re settling up with.

6. Improve Search feature

I'm a Pro subscriber and the search is nice, but it only seems to look in the transaction description. I'd also like to be able to search by amount.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. the "me" requirement for quick-add is inconvenient

Hi, I've been using splitwise for years now, as a replacement for Billmonk. I might not be your typical user since I use it to keep track of what family members owe me, and we never split bills. Thus when I use "quick add", I don't understand why if I write, "sonya owes 54 for dress" it automatically splits the bill and I have to manually un-split it. I have to remember to write, "sonya owes ME 54 for dress" to avoid splitting. If I say she owes me 54, then she owes me 54, not 27. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. Order people in group balances tab by level of debt

... to easily show on top who should pay for next lunch :)

Cheers!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow incoming bills be linked directly to Splitwise

Is there a feature where we could link our incoming bills for other users involved to see? If not, I'd love to see it. For example, it would be nice to have an electronic gas bill come in as a read only document so everyone paying can just look straight at the bill when it is received and not have to wait for someone to post what payment would be. I suppose it would be linked through your email acct and/or utility company. This transparency also allows people to be more on top of their payments, and more accountable should…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  10. Make it more clear how to remove someone from a group

I couldn't find where to remove a person from a group on the web app, so I had to do it on my mobile app. Ideally it would as straightforward on each

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, our website could definitely use some love in the near future – apologies for the confusion. If you need to do this again in the near future, you can remove a group member on the web by opening that group’s page, then clicking the “Settings” icon at the top of the right sidebar and choosing “Edit group settings”.

11. Add more payment options

You could have more payment connectors, like apple pay, android pay, debit card. Also, keep an eye for international platforms, I'm an international user and I'd love to use my local payment systems (There's a startup here in Brazil called PicPay, it's a venmo copycat). That would drive adoption A LOT!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely interested in adding more payment options! Unfortunately, some of the more well-known options (Apple Pay, Android Pay) don’t currently allow third-party apps to send person-to-person payments, so we haven’t been able to add them yet, but we’re hopeful that those companies will open up their APIs in the future. And non-US payment providers are definitely on our to-do list too! :)

12. Allow an end date for recurring payments, or build an incremental recurring payment option

This would allow me to pay someone back in increments until the whole amount is paid back. For example, my fiance paid for flights for our upcoming vacation. I want to pay him back $700 over the next 6 months, so I'd like to set up a recurring monthly payment of $117 that ends after 6 payments. Alternatively, you could add another option for divided bills that automatically calculates and schedules gradual payments.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! I see how this would be a good improvement. Are you aware that you can set a payment to reoccur already, although we don’t have as fine tuning as you’d like? If you need any help setting our (basic) reoccuring feature up please email support@splitwise.com. Thanks, Zoe

13. Bug Report: % split yields error when lowering expense amount

If you enter a % split, it's stored as $ values and throws an error when you subsequently reduce the total cost.

Steps to reproduce:
    -add a bill of > $1
    -set it to a percentage split
    -confirm/accept the bill
    -edit the bill and attempt to lower the price to $1
    -observe that an error dialog appears complaining that the new price is less than your share of the bill

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Integrate with PayPal so that I can import latest expenses directly into my splitwise account!

I use the PayPal card a lot for making purchases. It would be awesome if you could integrate PayPal with Splitwise - perhaps import the latest expenses?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add subscription feeds to the calendar function

Add support for calendar subscriptions (i.e., .ics .gcal .html) to the calendar function for groups. Simply having a calendar item that said "Pay <name> for <bill name>" or "<bill name> due" would be great. I would find this especially handy for recurring bills (e.g., utilities, rent, groceries).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhancement to reminders

Hi,
    I would like to see some improvements around the reminders functionality.
    The very first time I created an expense account in Splitwise I had no idea that it sends out monthly reminders. I couldn't find any note for such emails that will be sent out (when I created the expenses group).

The monthly reminder thing came as a good surprise and is great, but I think it will be nice if we have some more control over scheduling reminders.

For example some friends in a group require frequent followups as compared to others.
    So within the group created, I…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestions! More granular control and making reminders smarter is something we are thinking about improving over time.

For now, we automatically send out a monthly summary email each month that includes all of a person’s balances. You can also manually send a balance reminder by going to your friend’s page and choosing the “Send reminder” option (located under the settings menu on our website, and under the “More” menu on our mobile apps).

17. create a simple printable summary

I see the detailed summary and the simple group balances view. I wish there were a printable summary of group balances that I could include in an email so that I can explain how much people will pay in an email without taking a screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I can see how it would be useful to have something to download and share, especially if not everyone is actually logging in to Splitwise. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

18. Support non-US date formats

Hi,

Can I suggest you add support for non-USA date formats. Only the USA uses MM/DD/YYYY (^1), so it would be nice to be able to choose to show dates as YYYY-MM-DD and DD-MM-YYYY as well. Ditto for the first day of the week being Sunday in the calendar: the international standards have Monday as the first day of the week.

Thanks,
    Pete

1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a Round Up button

It'd be nice to have a Round Up! button. In Malaysia, the smallest amount you can pay is RM0.05, not RM0.01 anymore.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! Yep, there are a few other currencies that work this way too – I’m not sure when we’ll get around to rounding off those currencies, but we know it’s somewhere we can improve. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

20. Add an option to select first day of week

Add an option under profile to select the first day of the week: Monday or Sunday.
    This option is then taken into account when showing the calendar / date selector.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion! We always appreciate ideas to make Splitwise better. Having support for a different first day of the week makes complete sense, and is most definitely an interesting suggestion.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base