Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. Show a specific expense for the last X months in Spending breakdown

For example, i would like to see how much we are spending on groceries for the last 6 months. Or how much i spent on gas for the past year.
    Some bills aren't monthly, and the current view (which adds a lot

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Jonathan,

If you upgrade to Splitwise Pro you can do this. If you’re interested head to your Account Settings page on the web. It’s pay-what-you-want.

Cheers, Zoe

2. ADD a button/link to re-send invite

Say I have a group with some one else / some people in it. I have already sent an invite, and it shows as invite pending. Add the option to re-send the invite, in case the person deleted it by accident or just as a reminder to join splitwise again.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

Our solution to messaging is expense-based commenting:

As of December 2013, you can add comments to any expense from the web app. An email alert will be sent to everyone on that expense with the content of your comment.

4. Dashboard giving graph

Using ElasticSearch we can add real time management for a user.
    Suppose, some transactions happened for one week. But the person really doesn't cannot analyse for the previous week. <Make it as an add-on>

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on the web for Pro users under Charts in the account menu in the upper right corner.

We’ve actually been playing with a balance-over-time graph as a Pro feature – we agree that it’s a nice addition :) We hope to make that available soon!

5. Notifications

Initially, the splitwise had a notification flag at the top center of the window and used to get highlighted with orange color when any of my friends added a bill. It was easier to find out who added which bill in which group. It would be great if I can get to see that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Samanth! We moved the notifications list to the dashboard – you can still view it at any time by clicking “Dashboard” in the left-hand column and then looking at the top of the right-hand column. Hope that helps!

6. to add feature to on behalf settle up

Would suggest to add support for below scenario -
    A need to pay $10 to X and $5 to Y
    Y need to Pay $10 to X

A did the payment of $15 to X and Y did teh payment of $5

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is what we call “Simplify Debts.”

If A, X, and Y are in a group:
    Turn on Simplify Debts in that group by going to the group settings (website: click on group, click on gear in upper right, click on “edit group settings”, advanced settings, toggle Simplify debts on).

If A, X, and Y are not in a group:
    You can access it on the website by clicking your name in the upper right, then “your account,” and then under advanced Features going to “Simplify Debts.” On the Simplify Debts page, check all parties you want to simplify between.

Cheers,
    Jon

7. Statistics

Hey guys,
    nice idea with this new year's statistics.
    Maybe it would be a good (and easy to implement) idea to make this statistics available all the year, with more details. E.g. I would be really interested in how much money I spend for groceries, transportation, holiday, and so on...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

On the website, you can go to a group or friendship and look for trend in the right hand sidebar. This will give you some basic stats for the month so far in the group. If you click view full trends, you can look at past months.

Marshall

8. Payment to person NOT currently owed money

With the app, unlike the website, one cannot currently record a payment to someone where that person is not currently owed money. As I like to pay individuals in advance, hoping this is a quirk easily fixed. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: this is now possible on all platforms. For groups, you just click on settle up and scroll down for more options. To do a custom settle up between friends, you need to go to the non-group expenses entry in the group list and settle up from there.

Thanks for the feedback! We can probably make this possible at some point, though I’m not sure when it’ll get added to the schedule.

Marshall

9. Better Group Creation

Me and my friends are organizing a trip via a facebook group. None of them have splitwise accounts, nor do I know all of their emails. It would be great if I could create a group, and just post a link to it asking them to join it by clicking the link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My share & expenses

The "view printable summary" in a group link shows some numbers which IMO are pretty useless.
    What anyone expects is:
    1) How much is my share?
    2) How much money did I pay?
    These two important questions are not answered at all by the numbers from the summary. Not only are they not answered but they cannot even be derived from the numbers in the summary rendering it useless.

Either the group or the summary should display these two parameters. As an example of what I expect and would be most convenient to all, check this image:
    http://postimg.org/image/tw2zbwplt/

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can view the total you paid for and your share of expenses in groups in our mobile apps.

On iOS, tap ‘Totals’ in the horizontal menu.

On Android, tap the menu icon in the upper right corner and then tap ‘View group totals’

11. Expandable/Hideable item-specific comment section

This mock up demonstrates how I would like a note/comment section to work:
    http://i.imgur.com/IezP7Dj.png

I think a lot of people want this feature and I think this is an elegant way to implement it.

Previous reason for declining comments: "We won’t be adding comments inline on the listing page. We do display an icon on the expense if there is a note for it. the main reason is that if we add this style of commenting, we wind up with too much clutter on the main UI for something that we do handle reasonably well already."

If the comments expand/hide…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  12. No suggestion, just praise.

Thank you. This software is awesome. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we've been struggling to keep track of accounts with a google doc, but this is 100x better. Keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add comments to expenses, which will show up in the recent activity feed, so you can comment on an expense and then delete it an your friends will have a record of what happened.

Marshall

14. Simplify debts for people not in groups

we love this site and the relates applications both in iOS and android. But what i feel missing is a simpler way shuffle debts between friends that are not in a single group. The simplify debts feature between a group s good and understandable that people know each other, but for expenses that were not added to a group can not be shuffled. Please add a feature where you can shuffle amounts between a group of people.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We actually have a “simplify debts” feature that lets you do a one-time shuffle with friends – it’s on the user settings page under “Advanced features”. We consider it a power-user feature (since it changes people’s balances in a way that can be more difficult to understand than within-group debt simplification), so we don’t encourage most people to use it, but it’s available if you want it!

15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

17. Deleting or Hiding Groups

I Know that you Guys are working on this issues.
    I presume that you are working on Hiding Groups instead of Deleting them.

What i wanna suggest is that if you can provide both the options, Deleting & Hididng, it would be good.
    But Deleting should be done only after all the users in that group are Settled Up.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Update: we now hide groups that have been settled up for at least 40 days. You can also still delete groups.

We’d definitely like a better way to handle the closing/hiding of groups, besides just deleting the group entirely. We’ve got a lot on our to-do list, but we’re hoping to add this feature in the not-too-distant future :)

18. change focus to the "with who" field when the user clicks "add a bill"

It would be much quicker easier if I could just click "add a bill" then start typing the persons name and tab through the form, rather than have to then click the field first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought we’d done this already, but apparently we forgot to actually release the feature :) The “with you and:” field should now automatically focus when adding a bill from the dashboard or the “All expenses” screen. When you add from the page of a specific friend or group, the description field will automatically focus instead (since the “with” field already contains the current friend/group, and for most bills those are the only people who are added). Hope that helps!

19. Recognize gmail addresses with or without periods

My friend invited me to Splitwise using my gmail address xxx.y.z.x@gmail.com. When I tried to log in using xxxyzx@gmail.com (same address, but Google lets us put periods for easier dictation and understanding), Splitwise did not recognize this as the same account. Confused, I created a separate account using the email address without periods, only to find that now I have two Splitwise accounts. Having the ability to add multiple emails would also address this issue.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: sorry for the delay! We now handle this correctly.

Definitely a good suggestion – we’ve had similar confusion with “@gmail.com” vs “@googlemail.com” in the UK and some other territories. We hope to add support for multiple emails later this summer, and better support for Gmail specifically.

20. Add the ability to hide transactions I'm not involved in

When looking at a group on Splitwise I'd like to be able to hide transactions that I'm not a part of. When part of a large group there are quite a few transactions that just clutter the feed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Matt – if you open your group and click on the gear/settings icon at the top of the right-hand sidebar, you should see an option to “hide items not involving me”. That feature can be a little finicky (if you load more expenses, it sometimes resets), but we’re hoping to improve it more in the future.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base