Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. Go for text ads

Would be great if you can go for text ads...it will be a great chance for u to earn some bucks.. :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    73 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Itemized options

hard to find itemized bill part in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’m not sure if it’s as easy as possible yet, but we’ve settled on the current design at the moment. Please let us know if you still think it’s too hard to find.

Marshall

3. allow repeating expenses

I'd love to have the option to have an IOU repeat. For example, "rent" is always the same amount and always due the same day so it would be great to not have to enter it manually each month.

BUT your service is great and super useful. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can do this already! Just click the “date” button when adding a bill, and you should see an option to have the bill repeat weekly, monthly, or more. Let us know if you have any problems!

4. Better way to add people

I like the new way of adding bills. I have one feedback though.. I would prefer to add people to a bill by looking at existing friends in my list but I dont think there is a way to do that in this new design

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Kenya Shilling + conversion

Hi,
    I think you should add some more currencies and also a Automatic Conversion netween them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mathias – I’ve just added the KES to our list of currencies. It may take an hour or two to appear on the website.

We don’t currently plan to do automatic conversion between currencies, because only a small percentage of our users would use it, and because there are a few thorny issues we’d rather not get involved with. (Say I add an expense today for something that happened six months ago…should I use the conversion rate for today, or the conversion rate from September 2012?)

7. Can't add a pending bill

At the moment you can only add a bill or expense that someone has already paid- what about when you receive a bill that needs paying in the immediate future? You should be able to add this so you can see which bills are scheduled to be paid and who owes what.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already add bills and expenses that are dated to the future – just change the date in the “add bill” form when adding your bill. The “future” bill will be included in your balances immediately, and you’ll be able to see who owes who for that particular expense.

We’ve also thought about an option for future bills that /aren’t/ included in your balance immediately, but decided that it’s an unnecessary feature for most users and would make Splitwise a bit too confusing. If that’s what you were looking for, we’re sorry!

8. Add tool tip for the graphic icons in the splitting window

Adding tool tip gives more clarity. The icons are good, but not completely clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

improve the entering of 'itemized bills'.. new layout is not comfortable to use for itemized bills.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Periodic email updates of amounts owing

If this service were to suddenly disappear (please no!) I would have little idea of how much money people owe me or vice versa. I could be left out of pocket $100s of dollars. It would be nice if you could elect to receive periodic summaries via email of amounts owing between all of your friends (weekly, monthly etc.). This way you wouldn't have to go as far back if something were to happen to your data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Clayton – we do send out monthly summaries by default, detailing your spending for the past month and your total balances. You can turn that option on or off from your user settings page.

We’re also considering adding a weekly summary option, so if that’s something you’re interested in, let us know!

11. User required to enter data every time a change is made to the people who will split the bill

Since the bill details are asked first, I enter those details first before selecting the people involved. Once I then select the people involved, the bill details are reset and I have to enter them again.

(Divide a Bill page.. )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to add more people to a bill in the new design

Where is the option to add more than one person to a bill outside a group in the new design?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reminders bar to the account view

Add reminders to the app as well along with sending it on the mails. So any point someone has to make to the group should appear on an alert bar on the left always (Probably with changed colors for the checked and new ones).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually do have a place for notifications on the website – it’s the flag icon at the upper-left of the screen (next to the Splitwise logo), which turns red any time you have a new notification. It seems like a lot of people are missing that, so we’re planning to tweak the design to try to make it more noticeable.

14. Allow users to post expenses for that user only

The new format requires you to define who else is involved, and I am using Splitwise to track my own budget that is often, but not always, shared with my girlfriend. I'd like to continue to do so with the new system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seperate dates for Bill date and entered date

Need to have a field for Bill date and another one for Date the bill is entered. Otherwise anyone entering an expense can bury an expense in older expenses by putting a really old date on the bill.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We actually do this already – we keep track of when a bill was added to our system, separately from the date that is given for the bill. If you’d like to see a list of recent updates to your account, you can visit https://secure.splitwise.com/#/history, and you’ll see a list of all changes in chronological order (ordered by the date they were added).

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Rapsi – you and your friends can upload photos by logging into the website and visiting your user settings page. There, you’ll see a button to upload a picture to use as your avatar.

17. invite a friend on "Add an IOU" screen

The first time we use the service, there is no friend, and if you want to fisrt add a IOU, then there is now way to continue, you have to cancel, invite friend and start over.

Be able to add friend at the last minute would be good.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Changing the delete item button

My roommate, being an idiot, will pay me physically then delete the item on splitwise using the red "X" icon. However, this deletes the record, which is problem if it the record involves another of my roommates. I've explained this to him multiple times, but to no avail. Could you move the delete button? Maybe when you click on an item to expand it, you could put the delete button at the bottom of the expansion? In my mind, you should never delete an item unless it was a mistake. So hiding the delete button until you expand an item…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you still having this issue? We’re now hiding the delete button until you mouse over it. We also hide expenses whenever your total balance is 0, which should let your friend hide things when he pays for them.

Marshall

19. A bug with adding people to a bill

Hi,

I first add the expense details (amount and description) to the app. I then select people to add to a bill.

The expense details are reset after I add the people and I need to enter it again. This is really annoying because the flow is always as described in the above para.

Please fix it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Splitwise should know in which direction the payment must be made through debt

If john owes jenny 10 dollars, splitwise should known that when they record a payment it would be john paid jenny and not jenny paid john

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve recently made an update that should fix this – when you click to settle up, the form should autofill with the appropriate information (when possible). Hope that helps!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base