Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. Make it more clear how to retry a pending transaction

I started to pay someone, but when I got to paypal I realized it would be easier to wait until someone paid me and I had a paypal balance to use. I cancelled, but expected the expense to still show up on the front page. I found it as "pending" under "all expenses", but it took quite a while to figure out that in order to try sending money again I was supposed to click the "update" button

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Fairness calculators page has inconsistent UI

The fairness calculators page (https://secure.splitwise.com/calculators) still has the old black and green UI.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Recurring Label Smaller

Maybe just an R? It gets cut off.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Don't show pairwise balances owed for groups

I much much much prefer the older interface where it would show how much everyone owed the group / was owed by the group, rather than how much I supposedly owe other people or are owed by other people. Please revert back to the old view, or give me an option to do so.

I !!!DO NOT WANT!!! to have to go back to the world of debt shuffling that I had with billmonk. These changes make me more likely to switch back to billmonk.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That option still exists – it’s called “simplified debt”, and it sounds like it was probably turned off in your group. Just visit your group’s page on the web, click the “view full details” link at the bottom of the list of balances, and you’ll see a toggle to turn simplified debt on and off.

Hope that helps! If you’re still having trouble, email us at support@splitwise.com and we’ll help you sort it out.

5. to view individual expenses in a bar graph as there was earlier

I can't see the feature which shows bar graph of an individual expenses. This feature was there 6 months back but I can't find it now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you mean the bar graph of your balances with all friends, or the monthly pie chart of expenses?

You can view the bar graph of your balances by going to the dashboard and clicking the “view as chart” button in the middle of the page.

You can view the monthly pie chart by going to any friend or group, clicking the “trends” button at the top of the right-hand sidebar, and then clicking “View full charts” at the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.

Hope that helps! Email us at support@splitwise.com if you’re still having trouble, or if I’ve misunderstood your request.

6. Suggestions on the Layout of Expenses page

Whenever i multiple bills for the same date, it'll be more intuitive if you show the bills in the order of - the most recent one at the top.

As of now, all the bills for the same date get added one after the other with the latest bill going to the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Itemized options

hard to find itemized bill part in the new design.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if it’s as easy as possible yet, but we’ve settled on the current design at the moment. Please let us know if you still think it’s too hard to find.

Marshall

8. Better way to add people

I like the new way of adding bills. I have one feedback though.. I would prefer to add people to a bill by looking at existing friends in my list but I dont think there is a way to do that in this new design

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  10. Just want to say that this is really an amazing website

Hi! This is an amazing website. It is really helpful, fast and easy to use. I used to use some other bill splitting website but Splitwise is way better.
    Additionally, you guys always keep adding new stuff and keep enhancing the website.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. Discussion board for groups

Can we have a discussion area for groups where we can have conversations?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. User required to enter data every time a change is made to the people who will split the bill

Since the bill details are asked first, I enter those details first before selecting the people involved. Once I then select the people involved, the bill details are reset and I have to enter them again.

(Divide a Bill page.. )

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. create options for paid support version

I love Splitwise and would hate to see it languish or go under for lack of revenue. I'd be prepared to pay $15-20 per year for the base service as it is now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Kenya Shilling + conversion

Hi,
    I think you should add some more currencies and also a Automatic Conversion netween them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Mathias – I’ve just added the KES to our list of currencies. It may take an hour or two to appear on the website.

We don’t currently plan to do automatic conversion between currencies, because only a small percentage of our users would use it, and because there are a few thorny issues we’d rather not get involved with. (Say I add an expense today for something that happened six months ago…should I use the conversion rate for today, or the conversion rate from September 2012?)

15. change focus to the "with who" field when the user clicks "add a bill"

It would be much quicker easier if I could just click "add a bill" then start typing the persons name and tab through the form, rather than have to then click the field first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought we’d done this already, but apparently we forgot to actually release the feature :) The “with you and:” field should now automatically focus when adding a bill from the dashboard or the “All expenses” screen. When you add from the page of a specific friend or group, the description field will automatically focus instead (since the “with” field already contains the current friend/group, and for most bills those are the only people who are added). Hope that helps!

16. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  18. Add tool tip for the graphic icons in the splitting window

Adding tool tip gives more clarity. The icons are good, but not completely clear.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add comments to expenses, which will show up in the recent activity feed, so you can comment on an expense and then delete it an your friends will have a record of what happened.

Marshall

20. No suggestion, just praise.

Thank you. This software is awesome. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we've been struggling to keep track of accounts with a google doc, but this is 100x better. Keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base