Skip to content

General

110 results found

1. Just want to say that this is really an amazing website

Hi! This is an amazing website. It is really helpful, fast and easy to use. I used to use some other bill splitting website but Splitwise is way better.
    Additionally, you guys always keep adding new stuff and keep enhancing the website.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  2. Discussion board for groups

Can we have a discussion area for groups where we can have conversations?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it more clear how to retry a pending transaction

I started to pay someone, but when I got to paypal I realized it would be easier to wait until someone paid me and I had a paypal balance to use. I cancelled, but expected the expense to still show up on the front page. I found it as "pending" under "all expenses", but it took quite a while to figure out that in order to try sending money again I was supposed to click the "update" button

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. create options for paid support version

I love Splitwise and would hate to see it languish or go under for lack of revenue. I'd be prepared to pay $15-20 per year for the base service as it is now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. change focus to the "with who" field when the user clicks "add a bill"

It would be much quicker easier if I could just click "add a bill" then start typing the persons name and tab through the form, rather than have to then click the field first.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I thought we’d done this already, but apparently we forgot to actually release the feature :) The “with you and:” field should now automatically focus when adding a bill from the dashboard or the “All expenses” screen. When you add from the page of a specific friend or group, the description field will automatically focus instead (since the “with” field already contains the current friend/group, and for most bills those are the only people who are added). Hope that helps!

6. Allow to add a new member while editiing expenses

1)Edit an expense
    2)click on split equally
    3) Try to add a new member in the bill

IT cannot be done because the current transaction involves only selected people.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

If you’d like to add an existing friend to a bill, just click the “With you and:” field at the top of the “Edit bill” form and add that person’s name. (If you’re trying to invite an entirely new person, there’s a bug in the form that prevents this, but we’re hoping to fix that issue soon.) Hope that helps!

7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add comments to expenses, which will show up in the recent activity feed, so you can comment on an expense and then delete it an your friends will have a record of what happened.

Marshall

9. No suggestion, just praise.

Thank you. This software is awesome. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we've been struggling to keep track of accounts with a google doc, but this is 100x better. Keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Group Creation

Me and my friends are organizing a trip via a facebook group. None of them have splitwise accounts, nor do I know all of their emails. It would be great if I could create a group, and just post a link to it asking them to join it by clicking the link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  11. to add feature to on behalf settle up

Would suggest to add support for below scenario -
    A need to pay $10 to X and $5 to Y
    Y need to Pay $10 to X

A did the payment of $15 to X and Y did teh payment of $5

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is what we call “Simplify Debts.”

If A, X, and Y are in a group:
    Turn on Simplify Debts in that group by going to the group settings (website: click on group, click on gear in upper right, click on “edit group settings”, advanced settings, toggle Simplify debts on).

If A, X, and Y are not in a group:
    You can access it on the website by clicking your name in the upper right, then “your account,” and then under advanced Features going to “Simplify Debts.” On the Simplify Debts page, check all parties you want to simplify between.

Cheers,
    Jon

12. Notifications

Initially, the splitwise had a notification flag at the top center of the window and used to get highlighted with orange color when any of my friends added a bill. It was easier to find out who added which bill in which group. It would be great if I can get to see that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Samanth! We moved the notifications list to the dashboard – you can still view it at any time by clicking “Dashboard” in the left-hand column and then looking at the top of the right-hand column. Hope that helps!

13. allow part of a split to be paid at the time it is entered

Allow users to designate that one of the splitters has already paid so as to better keep track of who has paid what to whome.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: when adding an expense, you can now click on the payer token and choose multiple payers, then add all people who have paid for the expense.

I’ll pass on the feedback! For now, you could try adding a note or comment to the bill with details on who has paid, or immediately adding a payment after you finish adding the bill.

14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done! The Angolan Kwanza should show up on the web immediately, and should show up in our mobile apps after the next time you refresh. Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you!

15. Notifications

Notifications should be shown in website too. Some where in Dashboard or in the navbar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  16. Let me know a way to send you money

Thank you for making Splitwise. This is a fantastic tool that I wish I had when I was sharing a house in college 10 years ago. This is the kind of application I feel like I should pay for! Is there a way I can send you money? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aww, thanks a bunch, Mike! We do have a pro version (https://secure.splitwise.com/pro/subscribe) that lets you pay any amount you want for a few extra features, like currency conversion and early access to new features. Splitwise Pro is still pretty basic, so we haven’t pushed it very much, but it’s a great way to support us if you’re feeling generous. And of course, we’re always appreciative when you recommend Splitwise to your friends!

Thanks for the love – it always feels super nice when someone likes what we’re doing :)

17. change the default category when someone types "gas"

Change the category to gas/fuel - I suspect people buy and split gasoline more often than they do "gas" for a house

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: we now more gracefully handle gas vs gas bill in category detection.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re actually working on some nice improvements to automatic category detection right now, which includes better distinction between gas-for-cars and gas-for-houses. We don’t have an exact date for that update yet, but hopefully pretty soon. In the meantime, apologies for the trouble!

18. Performance of item add/categorisation

Tried to change categories of existing items in a group consisting of ~30 expenses and it is not very responsive (category pop up is quick but setting the category is slow) - similar experience with adding new items. Seems to work quite well with small number of items. Great app, btw!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the heads-up! I just did some investigating and I’m pretty sure I found the bug that was slowing you down – I’ve just released a small update to fix the problem. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more issues, and I’d be happy to dig in and figure out what’s up :)

19. to stop asking the $ or INR every time

If we are from a country then our total dealings will be in the same currency.
    Eg: If I am from India my currency will be INR.

I am every time changing the currency from $ to INR. This is hectic.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Incorrect Spanish Translation

The string "Ver un resume imprimible" should actually be "Ver un resumen imprimible" i.e. resume -> resumen
    Furthermore, when clicking on this printable view link, the view is in English, when it should be in Spanish!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base