Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Add the app to the F-Droid store

F Droid is an alternative app store for the Android platform. It would be great if you could add your app to F droid so that some of us that don't use the Google Play Store can easily get access to the app.

If not, please atleast consider providing a signed APK file for direct download.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    28 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop saying “Settle Up”

Settling is a downward motion. The idioms are “to settle a debt” as to resolve the debt or “to saddle up” as to prepare to leave by putting a saddle on your horse. Pick one, not both.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion! This isn’t something we plan on adding. We generally think of comments like text messages, where once sent they can’t be unsent.

4. extend Splitwise to support tracking bets with friends :-)

Probably more an idea for Sportsbet, but why can't I record bets with friends and the outcome then becomes a transaction?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. Deleting past settled expenses

Add a feature to allow users to delete past settled accounts without affecting the accounts of the other users involved in the transaction

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  6. Add popular banking/wallet links

Redirect to banking/wallet When you hit settleup . Else THE BEST one would be have your own wallet.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We do look at adding new payment integrations when they’re popular and have support for our kind of use. I’m declining this because we have a number of open feature requests for specific payment integrations. Please go vote for or comment on the specific integrations you would be interested in using!

Marshall

7. Make a public support forum (non-feedback oriented).

It seems the knowledge base and feedback forum are public and searchable. However I wish support questions could be asked publicly too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an option to forgive all or a specific amount owed

Would you consider adding an option to forgive under Settle Up > Choose Payment Method?

After clicking "Forgive" a user could then choose an amount to forgive or to forgive the entire existing balance owed by the debtor in context.

In my case, sometimes a bill doesn't divide evenly, other times people may repay me the amount owed but miss by one cent. in both cases I end up with stray balances of $0.01 (owed to me). It would be nice if I could simply forgive said balances instead of having to adjust the bill or the amount that was…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added

I can see the uploaded images for an expense that I previously added. Wouldn't it make more sense if this option should be like a basic thing like a part CRUD operations

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Settling balances

The notification you receive after settling balances with a friend in a group is odd at times.

The notification shows settled all balances for transactions within a common group. If you had other transactions with that person, this number is often not the same.

Instead of showing balance from just groups it would be great if the notification showed the exact balance between the two people who settled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for writing in with this suggestion! I think this might cause some confusion for a lot of our users who track a lot of group and non-group expenses. I’m sorry for the inconvenience!

12. Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease.

Link accounts with popular eWallets (e.g. Paytm) so that settling of expenses can happen immediately and with ease. Provide the option of settling via eWallet or cash. Linking of bank accounts might raise security concerns but people are alot more comfortable with eWallets. For necessary Authorization you can redirect to the eWallets app/webpage (similar to what alot of other apps do).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We have a lot of ideas for different payment options, please go vote for the one’s that you want, or submit a new idea if we don’t have the payment option you’re looking for.

13. Themes

Giving the possibility to change interface colours and theme could be a nice feature!
    Thank you for your hard work

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’re a really small team, so we have to be very focused on what we work on. Themes wouldn’t really change how easy it is to use our app, so it’s unfortunately not something we can spend time on at the moment.

Marshall

14. Home budget

Hi Splitwise Team!
    first of all, would like to congratulate you for this great app, i love how straight-forward is, its clean design and a very good UX.

I use it for trips and even to divide my life expenses with my girlfriend and housemates... but unfortunately, it falls a bit short to be able to manage my finances more thoroughly.. I've been searching for some time without any luck, for something as good as splitwise to use as my budget management app..

I was wondering if are you guys planning to launch / develop something along those lines? where…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We have been considering adding some rudimentary expense tracking/personal budgeting to the app, but I doubt we’ll ever make something as good as Splitwise for budgeting. We’ve spent years learning how people think about splitting money and are still refining our app. I don’t think we can take on the challenge of doing this for budgeting.

Marshall

15. Comment

It will be better if we can upload a picture of bill in comment section. So that anyone from group can cross check if he/she want. It actually needed when u r not that much familiar with your friend ( new friend or classmates ).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort contact list by frequency

There are a few people with whom I have to share expenses every day. And there are people with whom I have shared expenses just once or twice.

While adding an expense, when the contact list is shown, instead of sorting it alphabetically, it should be sorted by frequency.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to add different sorting for this, but we are considering showing your last 5 people or groups in a special Recents list section for adding expenses.

Marshall

17. Workaround for customised category limitation

Dear splitwise team,

I have read feedback of different people requiring customised category by app user, which is not possible at the moment. Although you are adding new categories at request of masses.

My suggestion is that, is it possible if you let us edit the name of already existing categories at least, as a workaround?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! I appreciate the idea. Unfortunately, this workaround still presents the same issues we have when considering whether or not to add custom categories. Please let us know if you have any categories you’d like us to add. Apologies for the inconvenience!

18. Allow creation of expenses where "you" are not involved

There are some instances where I want to create a transaction (that I am not involved in) between 2 other people in a group.

Right now, when I click "Add bill", "you" is one of the defaults and there is no way to remove myself from the transaction until after I actually save it or by going in and setting my part of the transaction to $0.

The other workaround to this is to use the quick add feature to add the expense between the 2 people i.e. "John owes Bill $2 for lunch" but it seems like this should…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Most people add do not add expenses like this and including this kind of change would probably make it harder to add expenses in that do involve you. Given that there is a workaround to remove yourself from the bill while you are adding it (even if it is a few extra taps), we don’t plan to add any more optimization for this case.

I’m a little confused in when you would need to save the expense before you could remove yourself. For both adding and editing an expense, you should be able to change the payer to someone else and open the split options to remove yourself from the split.

Marshall

19. Track advance payment

Mi idea is of tracking advance payment, for example:

I have a subscription of 10€ each month that I paid, we are in five people so we have to pay 2€ each. If a person give me 10€ for the next five months it indicates me that I have to give me 8€.

I think it could be useful instead indicates that this payment is for the next month, so it doesn't display that I have to give money but that he gives in advance for the next recurrings payment.

Hope I explained well

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion. We’ve had some similar requests for “future” expenses and payments, but we don’t plan to include expenses in our system that are not included in the total balances. We don’t think we can make it clear enough why your balances don’t line up with your expenses with this kind of feature.

Marshall

20. Owe

The owes you and you owe is always confused with us. So please see if you can have this word replace with any good understandable word please

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ve spent a lot of time on the language in the app and this is the best set of words we’ve been able to come up with. It’s not something we plan to change, but I’d love to hear more about why it’s confusing.

Marshall

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base