Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. allow to choose participants when using unequal dividing with adjustments

In the old pop-up when doing an "unequal divide with adjustments" it was possible to keep people out from the bill. This is no longer possible with the new layout but was very handy.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We removed the checkboxes from that screen in an effort to simplify the add bill form. However, you can still add an adjusted bill that only involves some members of a group. On the main add bill screen, where it says “With you and:”, just delete the “All of Your Group” token and type in the names of the specific people you want to split with, and the adjustment form will update accordingly. Hope that helps!

2. Please bring back the older color

The older color looked better. It was dark, this is very gaudy and shiny!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you don’t like the new colors! We are planning to keep them, though. It’s definitely a lot different than the old Splitwise, but we hope the change will grow on you with time.

3. The right panel is too big

The right panel is too big and the main (center) panel looks constrained in the new layout. And the reduction is size of display images is not good.
    It would be good if you reduce the right panel size and the center panel can also be broadened.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We spent a lot of time testing the right sidebar on different users, and in the end we think it’s an improvement for most people. We’ll definitely be making design tweaks over the next few months to both the list of balances and the right sidebar, but the overall size of those two items will probably stay the same. Sorry!

4. Keep the old "add a bill" design

It takes much longer to add an expense if the bill is not split...if one person is covering another person entirely, it takes too long to add.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an option to get Notifications via RSS

I am an RSS fanboy, and I believe there are many out here who will appreciate if you can provide notifications via RSS also.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Though I’m an avid RSS user myself (and still lamenting the loss of Google Reader!), we probably won’t be doing custom RSS feeds – we’d rather communicate via email and push notifications. Sorry!

6. Add a calendar for guests

Apart from splitting bills it would be very helpful to have a calendar that can be shared with members of the house. This way you could track guests. It might even make sense to offer the option to link expenses to those guests (while charging it to the roommate who invited the guest).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the person who created the expense the only one who can delete it

It happened to me, someone deleted an expense and it didn't even give me a notification. And there is no history that I know of, so I could not restore.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot itemize

The lesser you change the better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Changes in splitwise interface

I see that you have changed the splitwise interface.
    The old interface was very easy to use.
    The new one however has errors and is very complicated compared to the old version.
    When I am giving feedback here, I can see the message "You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional)". I am already signed in. I do not understand what this means...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When adding a bill, the people with whom you are splitting should be visible on the the same window

You should not need to click on any button to view the people you are sharing the bill with.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Sanal – with the new form, you can still see the list of involved people at the top of the window (“With you and:”), or as you mentioned, you can click the “split equally” link for something more similar to the old view.

We found that for most users and most bills, including the list of individual users who owe was unnecessary – it was infrequently used, and it just made the form more complicated. That’s why we decided to hide it behind a click in the new form design. Sorry for the inconvenience!

11. Itemised bill with unequal sharing

Hi,
    Currently when we divide a bill in itemised mode, the shares are put up equally for each participant, but it is not the case always.

We also need an option to unequally split inside an itemised bill. Can you address that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We don’t have plans to add unequal shares to itemized billing – it’s a pretty uncommon case, and we haven’t been able to come up with an interface for it that we consider “good enough”.

If you’d like to include unequally split items, you can try adding them as individual expenses, separate from the itemized bill. I realize that’s not ideal, though. Sorry for the trouble!

12. consider that the rent bill should be able to not be simplified with the rest of the bills

When living with a group of people, it is common that one person pays the entire group's rent, and the other members pay their share to the one. We do not put rent on splitwise because splitwise simplifies rent, along with the rest of the expenses (the whole point of the website pretty much), but since rent is such a large bill, the one who fronts the rent wants that exact reimbursement in an account devoted to paying rent, therefore he does not want rent to be lumped into the other debts.

In other words, give the option to set…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely a legitimate problem, but it’s not one we’re planning to solve in the near future. Right now we’re making an active effort to simplify Splitwise, and adding a new special option to recurring bills doesn’t quite fit with that plan.

For now, if you’d like to treat rent like a separate account, it’s probably best to actually handle it that way, either with a separate Splitwise group or offline. Sorry for the trouble!

13. Develop an app for BB10.

Develop an app for BB10. I'm currently testing a BB10 dev alpha and would like splitwise in that. I can develop one if given the proper APIs in my spare time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Simplify Debt for iOS App

It would be nice if we could simplify debt amongst an arbitrary set of friends from the iOS App. We can do this on the web interface (though I contend it is still a little hard to find this feature), but the feature appears to be missing from the mobile version.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  15. Drag and Drop Reordering

Hi! I have a suggestion for making organization easier. I want to be able to drap and drop my individual financial items into the order I want. They automatically display chronologically based on when I enter them, but I can't seem to reorder them how I want. So if I enter something in a non-chronological order, it has to stay that way. At least as far as I can tell. It would be really awesome if I could just reorder them by dragging and dropping them to the order I want them in. Thank you for your attention and consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid we don’t have plans to support reordering in the near future :( We’ve found that chronological order is the easiest way for most people to review their past expenses, and right now we’re focused on doing one thing at a time right, rather than supporting many different options. Sorry!

16. Mobile Website not available

I have an old version of android (v 2.1)
    The Android app is not compatible for this version.
    It would be better if we have m.splitwise.com with basic features

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We have no plans for a mobile website at this time – we’re a small team, and are already dedicating all our engineering resources to the full web app, iPhone, and Android. Sorry for the inconvenience!

17. Need privileges per user

If i add an expense only I should have the right to delete it or approve to remove it once the person owing pays.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New Updates..PLZ!!

This new update makes this website so confusing! Before your update this website worked perfectly for all my roomate b/c we could all easily track the payments and who pays who etc. Now this is all over the place.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi Yazz,

This seems way out of scope for us. We generally expect people to put in the total amount after tax for expenses. Where would we use the tax?

Marshall

20. Include additional factors in the rent calculator (pets, smoking, messy)

I have a roommate that completely dominates all of the communal living spaces with her mess (clothing, food bags, mail, art supplies etc.). My roommate also has a dog that is not house-trained so there is an additional "ick-factor" there. Additionally she is a smoker and I am not. I would like to be able to factor these types of things in when calculating how the rent should be split.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

All 3 of these have some pretty wide fuzzy margins and are probably too complex for us to be able to factor them into the rent calculator. (what kind of pet? does it stay in their room? does she smoke inside or just bring the smell in? how messy is “messy”?). I think we had these on the initial survey but were unable to come to any statistically significant solutions on them.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base