Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. to keep up the good work!

The graph and statistics are immensely useful. Thank you Splitwise!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. depreciation calculator

When we quit house, there will be some purchases made for room like TV, Refrigerator etc. And any one guy will take this. We need depreciation calculator so that we can calculate its worth when we are leaving and the guy who is taking that can pay us.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. Group receives external money

I am in a 3-people group and we think it would be useful to have an option "receive money". Because when we receive money back from gaz/electricity bill, car sharing... it is not handy.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We support this on the web right now (splitwise.com). The person who received the money should enter the expense. They should enter a negative sign (-) before the amount. Then click ‘save’. Cheers!

5. Insert a grand total for all expenses for a group

It would be nice to see a grand total of all expenses for individual groups. I realize this can be done by exporting the data then adding it up, but it just seems like an inefficient process that can be eliminated by inserting a simple sum function.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Group totals exist as a feature on both iOS and Android, and on the website, you can see totals in a group by going to “View printable summary” from the month header above your expenses in the list, and choosing “all time” as the date range on the top right corner.

6. Show email address of friend on desktop site

I have 2-3 friends with name "Amit", to know which Amit is who, I need to see the details of friend, on Desktop site, I am not seeing email Id of my friend.

This is causing confusion. Though in mobile app, email id of friend is being displayed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation smtime

please add automatic reminder facility via sms and mails to payee rather lendr reminding thm causing awkwrd situation.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow partial payments

sometimes my friends pay x out of (x+y) amount. I need an option to record partial payments

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ..have a glass of wine because your site is AMAZING!!!!

Simply amazing, saved me hundreds of hours!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easier to select the currency

Can the currency selection list have the option to just 'type and filter' the currency code on both mobile (android for me) and website?The current set up is just a list, and I sometimes have to scroll so long just to get to GBP or TND.. easier if I could just type the currency code and the list narrow down ! Handy for the frequent travellers amongst us.
    Another, probably more difficult to implement, idea: in groups where debts are in multiple currency , is it possible to allow settlement in a signle currency that the users can choose ?…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow person to exchange the amount they owe and are owed to them e.g. I owe A 100, and B owes me 100, I should b able to say B will pay A

we should pay difference of what we owe and are owed in a group. if you can't settle from your side who will pay whom, allow user to shift the amount, so that I could make people who owe me pay the people whom I owe.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sounds like you’re looking for our “simplify debts” feature. This minimizes repayments between group members but doesn’t change anyone’s total balance. To enable this setting please visit “group settings”.

14. Update UI of iOS widget

Text color is not consistent with other apps' widget.

White over whitish is hard to read

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate a bill splitting app

Whether Splitwise makes this or integrates with another app like Tab, I think it would be super helpful to be able to scan your receipt and split items between people and divide tax and tip accordingly. It's annoying to have to split the receipt (like a restaurant receipt) in Tab and then copy that over to Splitwise. Not enough to make me stop using the app because it's been great but it'd be nice.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  16. Want to create a group but don't want to invite anyone. Can we create groups just by names ?

My friends may or may not be interested in your app. So I don't want to invite them but wanted to create a group using their names for my calculation purpose. Do we have that option?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Aplicaciones en familia no compatible

Sería necesario que en la configuración del iPhone de "aplicaciones en familia" se pudieran crear diferentes usuarios de la familia, solo detecta 1 miembro, aunque pertenezcan a la familia 2 o 3. Es posible crear varios usuarios de la familia?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Puedes usar “divide por cuotas” para compartir gastos entre familias. Por ejemplo, puedes dar 3 cuotas de un gasto a la persona que representa una familia de 3. Saludos

18. Convite por SMS

O app é ótimo.
    Falta a opção de convidar novos usuários por SMS.
    A opção de ter que colocar o e-mail pode inviabilizar ou ser muito burocrática pra quem recebe.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. share rent with irregular stays

In this apartment, staffs of a company who are in a foreign mission come to stay for 3 months but they dont arrive at the same time. one will be sent earlier and the other for example 10 days later and so on, making an irregular rent sharing system. With 800$ a month, the rule is to share equally and per day of stay in a month. Suppose that there are 3 of us and and one of us comes to stay from the 15th, then: 800÷30÷3×15
    800 (rent)÷ 30 (days)÷ 3 (number of people)× 15 (number of days stayed).…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! There are multiple possible ways to handle a situation like this (see our old travel calculator for examples: https://www.splitwise.com/calculators/travel), but it sounds like you probably want the “split by shares” feature. When adding a new expense, just tap on the “split equally” button to change the split, and then choose “split by shares”. You can then give each person shares as follows:

Person 1: 30 shares
    Person 2: 30 shares
    Person 3: 15 shares

Splitwise will calculate each person’s share so that Person 3 ends up paying half as much as Person 1 and Person 2.

20. it would be great if you could add my expenses column where i can select time period and see how much did I spent.

we often wanna know how much we spent monthly. splitwise can track our expenses and we can see how much I spent in total within a time period and monthly as well

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news – we support this for groups! On Android, tap the menu icon in the group header to access. On iPhone tap the More button in the group header to access. Cheers!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base