Skip to content

General

376 results found

1. Création de nouvelles catégories

Pouvez vous créer la catégorie enfant avec sous catégories: nounou, cantine, sports, musique, colonie, périscolaire

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Merci pour la suggestion! Nous allons considérer cela la prochaine fois que nous mettrons à jour notre liste de catégories. Pour l’instant, je suggère de créer un groupe spécifiquement pour les dépenses liées aux enfants, et je pense que vous verrez déjà certaines de ces catégories, telles que les sports et la musique sous “Divertissement”.

Traduction par Google.

2. To enable something like you can read my text messages for expenses and push a notification to spilt of i want

This would help me spilt expenses without a fail, I will never forget if a notification is triggered as soon as I spend somewhere

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

While this would be a useful feature the ability to read text messages is not available on all platforms and many people are concerned about privacy. Far too many users would be upset at the new permission request.

3. Bug Report - Edit Expense

After editing a saved expense,

1) If I make a change to the amount, the "who owes who" section defaults to splitting equally.

For e.g. If the previous split was "a owes b fully", after editing the amount it becomes of the format "split equally"

2) If I make a change to the description, the icon defaults to the one automatically selected by Splitwise based on description.

For e.g. The description was "AB Juice" and default category "Groceries" changed to category "Dining Out". After editing description to "AB Juice Center", the category changes to "Groceries" from "Dining Out" based on…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! For better of worse, these are both intended behaviors – right now we don’t save how you choose to split things, just the final result of the split, so you should see when you click on the details for split equally, you should see that only one person is assigned any shares.

The categorization based on the description was a fix we included in the most recent version of the iOS app and has been how Android has always worked.

Marshall

4. Order groups by most recent expense time

I want to have my most recently active group to appear on top in the groups tab on Android

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Keeping groups in a stable position allows users to develop muscle memory. We think it would be confusing if users had to visually scan for the group they want each time they view the GROUPS tab. I hear your argument but it’s just a trade off we’ve made in the other direction. Sorry for any bother! Cheers.

5. Fechamento

Boa tarde. Há algum tipo de fechamento(semanal, mensal ou diária) na ferramenta?
    Pois isso ajudaria muito. Pois há contas que fecham o mês, e não devem ser continuadas para o mês seguinte.
    Obrigado.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Obrigado pela sugestão! O aplicativo foi construído com base no pressuposto de que os saldos rolam ao longo dos limites dia / semana / mês. Se você quiser manter as coisas separadas por períodos de tempo, recomendamos criar grupos separados para cada mês no aplicativo e manter as coisas separadas dessa forma.

Marshall

6. create an app for sharing tasks

First of all: Splitwise is an absolutely amazing application that has saved me, my friends and my flatmates a lot of arguing and discussing. In a shared flat, there is another issue apart from splitting bills and that is splitting household tasks. The problems are actually quite similar, but unfortunately there seems to be no good solution for managing household tasks. The idea would be tasks can be 'voted up', meaning they increase their reward. As soon as someone considers a reward big enough, he does the task and gets the reward points. If a flatmember falls too far back…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We don’t plan to do anything other than make it easier to split expenses. I can see how this would be a useful app, but it’s not one we’re going to have the time to build.

Marshall

7. Confirmation of removal of bills by other party

Guy A adds a expense of $ 100 and splits it equally with his friend Guy B.

Then Guy B deletes this expense saying it did not happen. Guy A does not get any notification and thus when next he logs on splitwise he does not see this change.

Now, such changes by Guy B should be confirmed by Guy A.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! You should see the deleted items in the Recent activity feed with a highlight if there’s new stuff there. You can also opt-in to email or push notifications from the notification settings for expenses.

Marshall

8. Release Splitwise under an open-source license

Allowing others to review, modify, and redistribute the source code for this app will engage interested developers to help build, maintain, and improve the software for free. Developing in the open has tremendous benefits for both Splitwise and its users. For developers, we get some stake in the project, which encourages us to use and improve the software. For Splitwise, you get free labor, and a community built around your project that encourages people to write about it, speak about it, and advocate for it. There is really no potential for loss that I can envision in this case. Splitwise…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add upgrade possibility from free app

Several friends have asked me how to upgrade their free apps so they can handle currencies. It is hard for app only users to find out that they have to go to the web for this.
    Add an upgrade button in the free version.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble! Splitwise Pro is currently a patronage program – it is for people who like to support us and our development, and the small added features are an extra benefit. By far, most users do not need the advanced features that Splitwise Pro users get, so we choose not to advertise it or make it available in the app.

10. Pay directly in-app

Integrate with PayPal or Apple pay

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, PayPal has not allowed us to offer our PayPal integration on mobile outside of the US. You can use PayPal with Splitwise from our website outside the US.

Apple pay doesn’t really support peer-to-peer payments at the moment, so it’s not something we can add to our app.

We are always looking at other payment providers.

Marshall

11. Pin/Star a particular expense for quick reference

Pin/star a particular expense which can be accessed quickly for reference later something similar to the whatsapp star message feautre.

This pinned/star expense can be accessible either specific to the group or universally on homepage.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Invite Directly from contact

Allow to send message to the person's mobile number in the contacts

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. Are you in India, the UAE, or France? In those countries we don’t pull mobile numbers from Contacts because our invite text messages get marked as spam by the carriers and therefore they don’t get delivered. So we only pull email addresses because we can ensure deliverability. Sorry for the trouble!

13. custom tax plan

trying to create a tax plan but couldn't add more brackets. basically I want to create the following brackets

from 10k to 100k, every 10k your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 100k to 1m, every 100k your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 1m to 10m, every 1m your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 10m 10 100m, every 10m your tax rate goes up by 1%
    from 100m to 1b, every 100m your tax rate goes up by 1%

I want to see how much revenue this would create compared to the current plan.

also…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We’re not planning to make any major changes to our tax plan calculator at this point and I don’t think we even have the underlying data to make this kind of calculation in any event. Sorry I don’t have better news!

Marshall

14. Settle Up Option for Receiver only

For any group expense, the "Settle Up" option should be allowed only to the receiver of that amount. In a group, this option creates confusion at times because the payer and receiver both can settle up simultaneously.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think it’s pretty important that either the payer or the receiver can add a payment to Splitwise, as we’ve found that people use both methods quite frequently.

However, we do hope to add better support for preventing duplicate payments in the future – i.e. if you and a friend both add payments for the same amounts within a few minutes of each other, we could potentially show you a warning when you try to add the second payment.

15. Track the amount of unequal splits in cents

When the bill is 10 divided among 3, the expense is splitted as 3.33, 3.33 and 3.34 randomly. if i edit the expenses and add a comment, it changes the person paying 3.34. so I would suggest a change in algo that tracks who has paid more cents each time so that in the next expense, he has to pay 1 cent less.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We think that over a period of time, choosing a random person every time to assign the extra pennies to leads to a more fair result. If you feel like one of your friends is being assigned pennies more often than others, simply tap edit expense and hit save without changing anything.

16. Débitos mensais

As despesas que são mensais não deveriam entrar na conta do mês corrente, somente no mês do débito dela. Se não, qual a utilidade de ter a opção de repetir a despesa todo mês?!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

¡Gracias por la sugerencia! Si usted está en un grupo, hay una opción para exportar el resumen de ese mes, que podemos traer a frienships en algún momento. No tenemos planes para agregar los gastos que no forman parte de los saldos totales, pero podríamos agregar funciones para que pueda ver el saldo en un momento determinado. El sistema recurrente debe agregar las cuentas en el futuro alrededor del tiempo que deben ser parte de los saldos. Por favor, envíenos un correo electrónico a support@splitwise.com si usted está viendo un comportamiento inesperado con facturas recurrentes.

Marshall

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience. Splitwise was down for several hours earlier this week due to the Amazon S3 outage that affected many services including Quora, IFTTT, and Trello.

If we ever experience an outage again you can get up to date info via our Twitter page (@splitwise).

18. Dashboard friends order change

First Show ppl with debits/credits alphabetically then show ppl with settled debits alphabetically.
    Sometimes our list goes big and we have scroll down a lot to see ppl with debits or credits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We don’t plan to change the ordering on that screen, but you should be able to show people you owe and owe you by tapping on the header of the friends list on mobile.

Marshall

19. Have list-sorting options for the "Groups" list in the lefthand sidebar

My housemates and I create a new group each month to split expenses. It would be easier to locate the right group in the list if we could choose to sort by "recently created". Or, if we could reverse the alphabetical order, then we could start the group name with the number of the month, and the current month would rise to the top :)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We don’t plan to add support for custom sorting, but groups that have been settled for more than 30 days should automatically be hidden from your list of groups. Hopefully that helps cut down the length of your list a bit!

Also, can I ask why you create a new group every month for expenses? Most Splitwise users just use one group on an ongoing basis, since it lets them keep a history of all their spending in one place. (It also lets them use features like recurring bills, as well as debt simplification w/ many expenses.) I’d love to better understand how you’re using Splitwise, so I can pass on that feedback :)

20. Despesas por engano

Devia dar para eliminar uma despesa de vez por ter sido criada por engano, saindo assim das estatísticas e histórico.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Obrigado pela sugestão! Nós não planejamos adicionar qualquer maneira de remover despesas sem manter algum registro em torno deles ter existido. Há muito potencial para abuso com um recurso que permite que você secretamente excluir despesas.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base