Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Directly updated Android App cannot split expenses only to SOME group members

The APP always split the expenses to all group members, regardless of selection.

When I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (it was already up to date), it suddenly started working.

This might cause some confusion for your users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This sounds very odd. I can’t think of any reason this would be the case. Nothing in the data that gets saved during update should change how split expenses works. I’m closing this out as complete, but want to keep a record up this up here in case other users have this issue.

Marshall

2. Option to automatically simplify debts with a person if you're entirely settled.

When looking at a group, a friend owed me $X. When looking at the friend directly, I owed him $X. In the overall dashboard, we were fully settled up. This was really confusing.

I found out why, and a fix, here:
    http://feedback.splitwise.com/knowledgebase/articles/117962

I believe that if SplitWise can detect you are totally settled up with a person across all groups, it should automatically 0 out all balances with that person in all groups. This could be optional.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now do this simplification when you settle up on an account. We probably won’t add a more automatic version of this, but if you settle up the total amount you owe a friend, it simplifies it all to 0 in each relevant place.

Marshall

3. Problem with separation of groups and individuals.

I settled up with a friend on this website, but now it is all dorked up looking on my mobile app. On the website I can see that I owe no money in dashboard, but there is no dashboard on my mobile app. So depending on where I look, it says I either owe no money, owe money, or am owed money.

Individual friend expenses should be all encompassing no matter how many groups I have them in. Groups shouldn't be treated separately. It makes no sense. Rediculously confusing. Very frustrated. Please fix ASAP.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Consolidated debt overview

Consolidated debt view in the app similar to the website that includes groups and individual debts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Foreign currencies

Need support for foreign currencies! Zambian Kwacha here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. iPad app

It's perfect! I just wish there was an iPad app for it. Thank you!

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Zoe responded

Splitwise is now available on iPad. Enjoy!

7. Include encoding for international characters

ÅÄÖ and åäö only displays "?"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  8. Put the scroll bar on friend list on left side

With the change in UI you have done, when I click on Show all friends even with the settled amount, the list is big and I can't even see all of my friends, will suggest to put a scroll bar to see all the friends if I opt to see all friends (including settled one) as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Only have friend's balances in the mobile app.

I am presently using the Android OS and the mobile app still shows the previous layout of your web app with group balances separate from friend's balances. I usually use the mobile app to check how much someone owes me on the fly, so having groups there does not help since I need to open each group to see what is the outstanding amount there.

When are you planning on releasing an update for the Android ecosystem? :) Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Catrgory for "Entertainment"

Can we get a category (and icon) for "Entertainment" expenses. Meaning like when my friends and I go out to the movies and one of us pays for the tickets. Or like this past weekend when we went out for Karaoke and one of us paid. Sucks to have to just use the "General" label.

Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Consolidate one-on-one debts with group debts

My friend owed me some money from our apartment group, as well as some "one-on-one" debt that came over from a BillMonk import. He paid me back for both at once. After entering the payment, it said that he still owed me 148.09 in the group, and I owed him 148.09 in one-on-one debt. I had to add two extra payments of 148.09 to zero it out. This seems like it could be much more streamlined.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We are planning to make this better in the next big update, but for the moment, if you go to your friend expense list of the website, you can click on the gear next to their name and consolidate debts from that menu until we get the better solution in place.

Marshall

12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currency

Hi, Can you please add Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and China Renminbi (RMB) to currencies?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Paypal from settle up

It'd be cool if I could pay via paypal from the 'settle up' button.

What I did instead was to look at my payments owed, then clicked to make a payment, and then manually typed in what I knew I owed my roommate. Then I paid him that amount via paypal.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Settle up via PayPal is now available for all users on our website, and for all US-based users in our mobile apps. (We wish we could offer PayPal support in our mobile apps to users outside the US, but unfortunately PayPal doesn’t allow us to – apologies for the inconvenience!)

15. Ability to add what a group owes to a person

So, some of your friends are just way too lazy to add their bills online. It would be nice if I had the ability to add a bill on behalf of another person

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to change the person you are adding the bill on behalf of in the main expense add window. Maybe I misunderstood what you want to have happen?

Marshall

16. Need to be able to add another roommate

Need to be able to add another roommate to our group.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Itemized Billing

When we often buy grocery, Out of the 3 of us, 2 of share a commodity and the third guy doesn't. Would be great if we could have some feature to enter that w/o using a calculator.

Sid

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure wether to mark this as completed or declined. We have finished this on web, but do not have plans to bring this to the mobile apps. That screen is very hard to design on small screens.

Marshall

18. Update the "Whats new" section for android app updates, this lets people know what has been updated

Recently I have been getting a lot of updates for the android app. While this is great, I do not know what has been updated, even if its a bugfix, a changelog can be put into the "whats new" section of the android app page showing users what has changed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On the Divide a Bill box, remember what is entered in the first two boxes.

Once I enter amount and description, if I go and add people the entered information is cleared. Please remember the information or change the layout so that adding people is done first.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make groups and individual bills clear

On dashboard, showing as i shud get money from some X. when clicking on that person showing that "i need to pay him"... confusing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This should be much clearer now. The only case that is still difficult is looking at the group-only balances, which can still be difficult to interpret. Please let us know if this is still difficult for you.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base