Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Also, being able to edit friends info within the app

Hi, I would love to be add pictures of receipts from the camera roll. Right now, the app only allows you to take pictures on the spot. You cannot use the ones from your camera roll.

Also, we cannot edit friends info on the app. If we select a wrong eail adress it cannot be edited/changed on the app. We have to login online to do so. So being able to edit friends email addresses within the app would be great too!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  2. Rotate who pays the extra penny when the bill cannot be split evenly.

When the bill cannot be split evenly between people in a group, why should the guy on top of the alphabetical order of the group members always have to pay the extra penny. Say the bill is $10. when split between 3 people, it gets divided as $3.34, $3.33 and $3.33. Now $3.34 is always the share of the guy whose name starts with an A or the guy with a name high on the alphabetical order list. This is not fair. Please correct this. (Should be simple to implement right?) With my name starting with an A, I almost…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We now randomly assign the extra penny on all platforms, though on iPhone, the entire remainder gets assigned to one person randomly instead of more correctly splitting it. I don’t think tweaking this further is a high priority for us, and this should eventually be correct.

Marshall

3. Make the number of transaction while settling minimum that too with minimum amount.

While calculating who owes whom how much, we get the the total amount owed to someone or total amount getting back which is the net of what we owe and what we get back, but it still shows the maximum number of transaction which can be reduced to minimum number of transaction with minimum amount in each transaction. For e.g.
    A owes B 200 , B owes C 300 and C owes A 100, so finally A owes 100, B owes 100 and C gets back 200 which is mentioned but the transaction mentioned is like A owes B 200…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Within a group, go on the website and click on “settle up.” There’s an option at the top to turn on debt shuffle, which figures out the minimum necessary transactions to get back to 0.

4. Allow Debt simplification between selected participants

1. Currently debt simplification just considers all possible mutual friends to simplify the payments. It would be good to have an option to select the friends among whom I want to simplify the debts.

2.Also the current debt simplification is very ambiguous. After a shuffle I have to search in each friend's account to see who owes whom and whom do I owe. It would be good to have a simple display/note that shows the before/after of the debt simplification without needing to go into each friend's account.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This isn’t quite completed (I intend to improve how debt simplifications show up in the list a little more), but if you go to the all expenses list after adding a debt simplification, all the simplifications will show up there.

Marshall

5. Merging Expenses from Multiple Households

if same people are involved in two different houses (or even if few people are common), there should be an option to merge the expenses from both households if people wanted to...that would make it more convenient

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re using the same email address for a person in two different houses, then that person should be able to see all of their combined debts on the web, either by viewing the “All expenses” screen or looking at their account summary on the Dashboard. We hope to bring those features to our mobile apps very soon!

6. add an option to see the unsimplified or the un-settled-up who-owes-who.

Currently I am able to see the simplified or the settled up amounts in the who-owes-who section... It would be good to see the original amounts, or to have the option to settle up only on demand...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable Editing of the Bill in the Mobile App

I'd like to edit just the amount I put in for the bill in mobile.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  9. Make it simpler to remove a person from an expense

Sometimes when I register a bill for my group, I choose to split it itemwise, and one or more members of the group didn't participate in the bill. It takes far too much clicking to remove these members from the bill. I would like it to be easier to remove members from the entire bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually remove a person from an itemized bill for all items by clicking on their name in the top column. Unfortunately, you have to do this after you have entered all items, which is annoying. We plan to have a completely revamped version of the bill entry stuff sometime this month, so please check in again after we redo that and see if it works more correctly then.

Marshall

10. International currency support for iOS apps

Why dont you support only USD in iOS app?
    I want to use it in JPY...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the super-long delay in responding!

Changing your default currency in your user settings only affects the currency for future expenses. If you’d like to change the currency for all your past expenses, visit your user settings page on the web and click “[convert all past expenses to (your currency here)]”.

12. Include group balances when viewing a friendship (to see the total balance with an individual)

Could you make it so that group balances and individual friend balances are included together, rather than as two separate things?

I have friends on Splitwise who are both (a) in groups with me and (b) in my friends list. Some of our transactions happen inside the group, and others happen in our one-on-one friendships.

Unfortunately, my balance with Person X in the group is treated separately from my balance with the same Person X in my friends list, which makes it very confusing to figure out who owes who.

245 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has now been completed on all platforms: web, iPhone, and Android.

Friendships include group balances in the list of expenses, so when you click on a friend’s name, you will see all transactions with that person.

13. Total Owed/Need to Pay display

On the front page, display the total sum of amount I need to Pay others and Total amount of that others owe me.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple currencies

implement multiple currencies, so splitwise (site and/or app) can be used when we’re on vacation? That way, our expenses can be in euros, or pounds, but the payback can be in your local currency. I’d like this on the site, as well as on any app. Thanks.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Multiple currencies are now fully supported on web, iPhone, and Android. You can change your default currency at any time from your account settings page, or you can change the currency for an individual expense by clicking on the currency symbol in the “Add bill” or “Settle up” form.

15. Ability to add secret bills

Recently, another housemate and I split the cost of a birthday present for our other housemate. I added this expense, labeling it "bday present," hoping that the third roommate doesn't realize that this was indeed his birthday present, and he can now see exactly how much we spent.

It would be great if you could add a bill, but keep it secret from another housemate. I feel like things like this happen all the time with housemates, with birthdays and all, and this would keep all the expenses in one place without letting the cat out of the bag.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if completed is the right mark here, but the correct way to do “secret” bills in the system is to do them as friends outside of a group. We are planning to make the balances and expenses in groups and friendships more integrated in our next version, which should make this process a lot less annoying than it is at the moment.

Marshall

16. Bigger pop up menu

Enlarge the size of add bill pop up menu. Itemized bills makes it harder to enter amount as it uses horizontal scrollbars

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why can't I edit the participants once I have entered a bill?

Why is there no option to change the participants in a bill? For ex, if i add a bill with 3 other friends but want to add 1 more friend or remove one of the 3, there is no option for that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Curreny Update

Currency is shown as USD even if i select INR. same thing is getting reflected when i checked online.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  19. In the dashboard, hide friends who are "settled up"

I have old friends who have existed in my friend list for a long time, but whom I don't have debts with anymore, but they still show up in the dashboard and make the dashboard unnecessarily long.

A checkbox to maybe not show friends who are even, would be nice

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’m assuming this means make the dashboard the main screen you load when you come to the page? You can set this in your account settings. If you meant something else, please let me know.

Marshall

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base