Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Spliting expense per day basis.

We have been using Splitwise for quite a while now. This is the situation that we have to deal with:
    One of out roommate has a job where he has to travel so often and usually he just stays 3 days a week at home.
    Now, portion of the rent is clear: pay whatever the share is.
    But for other shared expenses like groceries, utilities we account him for the number of days he stayed.
    Which lead us to formula: calculate one day amount for all shared expenses total monthly expense and dived ( no days one stayed * expense…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We have added expense by shares in the website interface, so you could now split your utilities by shares for each day you are in the apartment.

We will not be adding admin or locking controls to the group, though you can register for emails on expense changes in your account settings if you are worried about housemates cause issues with this. We also track deletions.

Marshall

2. adding people to an expense

I'd like to be able to add people or groups to an expense after it's been created. Many times my friend adds me instead of my boyfriend who will actually be paying for something.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. adjust the amount due in groups after payment is received froma friend

Hi I found it extremely annoying that even after a payment is made the amount that i owe to anyone does not get reflected in the groups. This is confusing. Why can't you just display the possible options when the payment is made so that one can chose what bill to close and then that bill amount can be updated accordingly.

Regards,
    Tanuj

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the way this works so that you can either choose to put a payment in a group OR if the payment amount settles up everything between you and a friend, we settle up all groups.

4. option to select people from different groups

Please add all memeber as contacts..for example a person X belongs to group A, and person Y belong to Group Y. sometimes we need share between one person in a different group with another person in different group.

It would be great idea to have all people names at one place and have option to add expenses by selecting there name..as well group that way it is now.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  5. view as list

Everytime i Open, i need to select "view as list" option.
    Instead remember what I had clicked last, instead of defaulting to View graph.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. fix bugs - app on my iPhone is not showing current transactions

I just downloaded Splitwise, and added a friend. We entered some 'test' IOU's, and the app is not showing them. I have logged out/logged in a few times.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Why can I no longer see the aggregate receivables or amount due in the dashboard?

This was there before, and now you've taken it away. :( All it took was one glance to see how much I was owed or how much I had to return to others in total.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option in Balances -> view as list

Like the view as chart page... the view as list page can have a drop down list box... which lets you display only open transaction and hide all the other persons. Right now, the view as list displays all my friends including the ones that I have settled up with. There can be an option which says "list only open transaction members"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: We added filters to the mobile apps to do this and we also hide friends/groups you have been settled up with for at least 30 days in most places.

We are currently in the process of redoing how our friendships and groups are presented to our users. I think being able to parse this information and hide the friends/groups that don’t have any balance is a great idea.

9. Dashboard giving a summary

Dashboard can give the "Total amount to collect" and "Total amount to receive" information. Right now, it gives this data for individual person. It would be great if we can get the entire amount across all people.

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. to shuffle debts among group members as well as across members of different groups

there should be a feature to shuffle debts between people of same group as well as across different groups, so that number of transactions made can be reduced to minimum.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Net Debts and Expected returns

Hi, in the dashboard, it would be really nice if I could see the total of how much I owe people and how much people owe me. Just a text in green about the amount that I am owed and in red about the amount that I owe

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. improve the payment settlement logic

If I owe my friend in a group and one-on-one expense, on reporting a payment for a total that I owe(from group and 1-on-1) will settle the group amount that I owe and the 1-on-1 amount owe. But will now, splitwise shows that my friend now owes me 1-on-1 the amount that is equal to the group amount that i owed my friend.e.g:

I owed my friend

in a group: 500
    1-on-1: 15

i paid 515

splitwise now says:

my friend owes me1-on-1: 500

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please consider group balance also while showing a friend in positive,negative or settled up section on dashboard

In the group,a person owes to entire group and not to individual, what happens is that if other person(friend) owes me $X from a group and nothing individually i.e. $0 (no individual bill yet) then Splitwise shows that friend under settled up section instead of positive balance section because he owes me $x from group.But currently, untill I post a bill against him individually outside a group he remains in settled up section even if in group he owes some amount $X to me. So ideally my friend should under positive balance section to show that he owes me.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the default home page as the Dashboard page

Instead of showing the balances with one of the friends when I click on "Home", it would be more useful if the Default Home page and the landing page when I log in is the Dashboard page - it saves time and quickly gives me the overall status of my balances

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dashboard individual summary

Currently it shows all the friends under one table. Also, Dashboard gives a summary of total I am owed. It should rather give 3 rows when a

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve settled on the current dashboard design. I can’t tell if we actually addressed your issue or not, but I think we did, so I’m marking this completed. Let us know if I’m wrong.

Marshall

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Itemized Bill Editing

Please dont save the details of the itemized bill just as notes.
    There is just no easy way to edit an itemized bill when you do that.
    I would like it if the same table in which itemized bill data was entered would be shown up again when I try to edit an itemized bill.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We did this a while ago! Sorry for not updating.

I hope that Spencer and Armin are satisfied with the way it works now?

On some versions of Firefox, there is a rare submission bug we’ve seen. And there is a display bug with rounding (where it shows the math not working, but submits correctly). If you have any other trouble, let us know.

18. Make it clear who I owe money to

I used Bill Monk before this -- and found that their interface was easier to understand. I have to click open the dollar amount to figure out what I owe each person.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if we’ve actually “completed” this, but it was our intention with the recent round of updates to the web. If it still seems confusing, please send specific feedback on what was difficult to understand.

Marshall

19. add messages

It would be cool if there were like a message board so everyone can post anything, things like "Could you pay me by the end of the month?" or "Im broke at the moment, hold on pleasee"... so everyone in the group can see them

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have something called the whiteboard that the group members can use for this very thing! At the top of the right-hand sidebar, click the speech bubble icon – it’ll bring up a screen where you can record a message.

We do plan on adding more functionality to this in the future (like a time stamp, a history of messages more like a chat, etc). If there is something else you’d like specifically, let us know!

20. Mark the group Settled once all payement is done.

Once the group expenses is settled up, is there a way that I can create a checkpoint in the group so that all the new expenses dont include the old ones.

I want to keep all the old records but sort of hide them (or archive them) so that I can see the new shared expenses by default. and incase I need to look into history I can select the checkpoints and see details between those checkpoints.

Another way could be if we could create events within the group and add the expenses related to that event. For example ...…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base