Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Donations

Do you accept donations? If not how to do you fund this project. I ask because I love it so much I would hate to see it shut down.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Export to excel

There shall be an option of exporting the balances to excel in a similar way as "detailed statement of bank account".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  3. Exchange rate option for multiple currencies missing

If exchange rate can be fed amongst currencies by user then final balance can be achieved in single currency.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Splitwise automatically hides any transactions that have been fully settled. When you settle up with a friend, or when your group fully settles up, all old expenses are automatically hidden behind a tap or click. (However, we do not delete the transactions, because we think it’s important to be able to review that data later if you wish.)

If you’re looking for a different behavior, let me know in the comments and I’d be happy to pass on your suggestions :) Have a great day!

5. Add Symbol for indian Rupees Currency

It's been so long that Indian Rupees symbol is out. Please include it in Splitwise.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We use the official Unicode symbol for INR (₹) on all devices that support it. If you are using an older mobile device or an older computer, you may still see “INR”, “Rs”, or even a “[?]” symbol to represent that your device does not know how to display the modern rupee symbol.

6. Log individual costs too

The ability to log individual costs for a holiday as well as group costs would be great to show how much an event such as a holiday has cost each person.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! You should be able to see your share of expenses in the group totals under the more menu. It’s very basic, but should show you the individual cost in the group.

Marshall

7. Currency conversion in the app

As a pro subscriber I'd like to be able to do the currency conversion in the app not just on the web version

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Currency Conversion is available as a Pro feature on all platforms!

You can convert the currency of expenses in a group or friendship to your default currency via the menu in the header of a groups or friendships in both our Android and iOS apps.

If you’d like to convert expenses to a different currency you can do so by (temporarily) changing your default currency from your Account Settings page.

8. Put a basic calculator that pops out while writing the total expense

Sometimes, a calculator is needed to add up all the trip or shopping expenses which has to be distributed amongst some.So below the description, there can be a button next to expense which can pop out on click. We can do all the calculations and when we press okay on the calculator, the same amount will be reflected in the expense area.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Mercy responded

On the web you can input calculations directly into the amount field and the result will be input when you save the expense.

9. Allow scanning of bills

When I ass expense please allow importing of scanned bill so that it can be better tracked

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

If you’re using our mobile apps, you can add a picture of a bill/receipt by tapping on the camera icon while adding an expense.

If you’re using our website, choose the “Add image/notes” option while adding a bill. The website allows you to attach images as well as files such as PDF or documents.

10. 9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multi Currency

I wish there was a way to convert multi currency into one home currency to square off debits.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Splitwise does support currency change/conversion features. There’s 2 types of currency operations:

Currency change - this will simply change the currency on ALL your bills/expenses to a desired currency. For example if you have an expense between 3 friends for USD 100 and you use this feature, the bill amount will simply change it to EUR 100. This feature is useful for cases where you or your friend made a mistake while setting the currency earlier and now simply want to correct that mistake.

To use this feature, simply click on your name on the top right on our website and navigate to the ‘Your account’ section. Here, you’ll find an option to ‘Set all bills to EUR’ in the ‘Advanced’ section at the bottom. This feature is free to use for all Splitwise users.

Do note that this change is IRREVERSIBLE. Once you choose to change your…

12. Option to choose display image for groups

Loved you application a lot, I would like to suggest you that, it will be great if user is allowed to change the image of any group so that it is easily identified in case I have many groups with similar names

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Really amazing application

On each expanse it shows the time like.. 3 days ago,2 weeks ago..
    But there should be a exact date and time on activities.
    And a search feature so than one can easily search the particular expanse..

Thanks..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  14. Close a Group instead of deleting it

Can you add a feature to Close a Group instead of deleting it?
    All participants have to be Settled up to close a group. People cannot add expenses to a closed group. Show these groups is a separate section. It will help keep the history of groups.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: Android now also hides groups that have been settled for more than 40 days.

While we don’t have plans for implementing a feature to close a group, we do have a feature on the web and iOS (coming soon to Android) where we hide groups and friends that have been settled up for more than a month automatically from your summary view.

15. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add expense categories related to children

There aren't any categories related to children, and yet I would imagine sharing household and childcare expenses is a major use case. I would like to see categories like "daycare", "toys", "children's activities" etc

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Attachment option: to attach a copy for the bill

When working in big groups and specially with some people in the group who you do not know too well, it would be good to have a option where in while entering the amount there is an upload bill option. With this all people in the group can see where the money was spent and is the claim genuine.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

This feature is already available on both iOS and Android.

While adding a bill, look for a camera icon or receipt option, this allows you to take a picture of the bill and attach it along with the transaction. This picture is then permanently recorded with the expense, and is available to all users involved in the expense.

19. Sync users' email and phone numbers.

Some of my friends have registered using their email IDs and others have used their phone #s. Every time I add a friend, I am required to enter the correct credentials with which they have registered.
    It would make a great app much better if these details could be synced automatically.
    One way could be to take the user's permission and update the phone number upon installation/update.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mercy responded

Our system remembers the multiple email addresses and phone number a user has associated with their Splitwise account so they can be added by any of these pieces of information. However, these are still dependent on the user adding them or accepting an invite from another email address. Also be aware that they are under the control of the user so they can be removed from their account if they do not want this information there which will prevent them from being added by it.

20. Indirect settlement

Related to my earlier post: http://feedback.splitwise.com/forums/162446-general/suggestions/10304280-3-way-or-multiple-way-settlement

If Alice owes Bob, and Bob owes Carl, then there must be a way in which Bob can make an entry in SplitWise to link Alice and Carl (assuming they're known to each other) so Alice can directly pay Carl.

Please add a way to have SplitWise calculate multiple-way settlements, and provide options for indirect settlement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature already exists on Splitwise within a group.

If Alice, Bob and Carl are in a group on Splitwise, and you turn on the ‘Simplify Debts’ option in the group settings, Splitwise will do exactly what you mentioned, it will transfer debts around to ensure that a minimum number of payments have to be made to settle up.

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base