672 results found

1. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

This will now be the case for all new bills added for bills with multiple friends. We don’t currently plan to update older split bills to the new, cleaner format.

2. there should be "Add an expense" option on the dasboard

there should be "Add an expense" option on the dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Want to see who all are sharing a bill/expense!

When I click on an expense/bill I do not get who all participated in sharing that bill and how it was really split. I think this was done well in bill monk. The interface in splitwise does not seem to show it or show it enough.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of yesterday, you can! Just click on any new (we haven’t retrofit the old expenses yet) expense and you’ll see everyone who’s involved in the expense across friendships!

4. An expense should be a standalone entity

It seems that currently the expense is tied to a friend. That makes it hard to edit/modify.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve recently changed the way expenses work, and now when you add one with any amount of friends, you’ll be able to click on it and see and edit who was involved. Are you looking for literally stand alone expenses, where instead of being in any friendships or groups you just have a page full of expenses?

5. missing feature from bill monk

there is no option to see the bill i entered previously. Bill bonk even allows to edit the previously entered bills. The way in which splitwise allows to report a bill is also not a good method.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Itemised billing improvement

Please enable splitting an itemised bill among multiple people. Also, while creating a group, give the ability to add your friends in it too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Default currency

Give the user the ability to select a default currency. I'm in the UK, so nearly all of my transactions are going to be in GBP (£). It would be really helpful if all my transactions were in £ by default.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now have this available to our users! To do this go into your user settings and select the default currency you’d like your relationships to have. Setting this will automatically populate the currency that is set when creating that relationship.

8. editing a bill is a nightmare

if you remove one guy's share from it, then his share doesnt go over the others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have a way to remove someone from a group without losing their name in previous transactions

EG, housemate moves out. Don't need to show their name in the list anymore. But don't want them to be shown as [removed] from previous transactions

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you log in, can you make the dashboard the default page?

Right now it goes to one of my "friends" page.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve now added the option to let your dashboard be your dashboard page! To do this go into your account settings on the web and select “dashboard” under the “Your home page” setting.

11. Import Contacts from gmail.

Instead of sending one mail to one person send to multiple ppl.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Address book Support

If the app can search the address book to find the name and email of the person then it would be very productive and easy to add people in your group.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  13. Add shared/itemised bill directly from dashboard

To add a shared bill I have to go to a friend's page and add more people. Can you give and Add bill button right on the dashboard/home screen like BillMonk

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added the ability to add a bill or payment on the dashboard itself. Just look at the top of the page, and you’ll see the ability to add expenses, IOU’s and payments.

14. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Color Coded Dashboard

A great debt tracking app, Mooch, (which has a lot of it's own limitations) does an interesting job of making sure the dashboard has large numbers, sorted from largest to smallest, and colour coded into reds and greens.
    A feature like this in SplitWise (already there on the website) would be one of those minor things that go a long way in giving satisfaction!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  17. apply payment to IOU

kind of like applying payment to expense, I think, but as an example with my account:
    One housemate owes me $800 for a loan. I owed him $135. If both of these are recorded expenses, it would be convenient to apply the $135 to the $800 (like dragging the IOU into the loan from the dash, or making it an action) so it deducts it from the loan amount, the total he owes me, and the total amount I get back. Instead I deleted the amount I owe him, and went in manually to lower his loan to $665, which…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

There are two possible evolutions to this now, depending on your situation. If everything is in the same group, you can just turn on simplify debts in the group settings page.

If you are not all in the same group, go to your account settings on the website and under advanced features choose simplify debts. Pick both of your friend here and if we determine that it’s ok for us to simplify this, we’ll move the debt over.

Sometimes we can’t do this automatically for privacy or relationship issues that are hard to go into.

Marshall

18. Adding to a group

Suggest names of people already existing in the other groups. This makes it easier to add and faster too.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the date of items in Recent Activity and allow viewing all activity (not only recent)

If Splitwise has wiki edit privileges, then it is of utmost importance to know when events happened and to be able to go back in time to the very beginning.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rupee Symbol, Items images and Dash Board

Rupee Symbol: Its does not give feel of Rupee symbol.

Item images: We can put some specific and general images for each items like Vegetables or Rent.

Dash Board: This tab is not very much visible, It as easy to find as an user wants.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base