Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. Add the ability to move an expense to a household

My flatmate has all these debts to me,

previously we recorded these as household debts, but now for some reason its part of a personal debt.. (and not part of our household)

Please make it so you can move expenses into a house hold

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Update the Dashboard Icon

Currently the +Group (with the Home icon) isn't very intuitive. I click on home and expect to go to my home aka my dashboard. I don't often want to create groups so the sizing of the icon is also a little disparate as it definitely draws my eye.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow selecting currency for each specific bill

Hi,

I live in the border between Switzerland and France and travel many times with my friends. We constantly need the option to choose between Swiss Francs and Euro for each specific bill. It it also very practical for trips (Eastern Europe, etc.)

We are a big group trying to look for alternatives to leave bill monk (as almost everyone here, by what I have seen in the forums). So far yours looks the best, except that we really need this option (as well as the other ones I have voted).

Cheers,
    João

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can select the currency for each bill on web, iPhone and Android, though the Android app does not currently display the correct currency (expect an update that displays correctly in the next few weeks).

Marshall

4. how to change group of a bill

how to change group of a bill

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add more than two persons in itemized bills

Currently only two people can use the itemized billing option... Cant we extend that to more than two

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have fixed this bug! You should now be able to add as many people as you want to an across friendship expense and be able to split it up in any of the ways we offer.

6. Highlight payments

currently a recorded payment isnt highlighted as much as the bills. a mere cosmetic change.. but its easy to skip over a payment with such a small panel in between..

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Group members

When I see my Dashboard, I see that the individuals in the group membership show that they owe me 0.00 whereas inside the group they owe me some money. Can you have that reflected outside of the group in the Dashboard so that I dont have to go inside to check who owes me how much.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change the group buttton image

I think the group button is misleading .. It looks like home button. The dashboard button should be more highlighted that the group button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. mouse over messages over the icons would be better

new members dont know what the icons for home, add group, members and add members stand for. it would be better if a mouse over message is displayed on all the icons that are used in this website.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Editable Bills

The creater/reporter of a bill must be allowed to edit all fields.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. to keep the User interface quite simple

Hi There,

This current UI is lot more complicated , very confusing, not a user friendly.

i will recommend that you to go through Billmonk site once to identify the user friendliness.

Thanks and regards,
    Harshal

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: I’m marking this as completed only because there’s not a specific thing we can do to finish other than to just build billmonk, which we do not feel is the best solution to this problem.

We are very aware of the BillMonk site, and we like some of the stuff they have done, while disliking other directions they have chosen to take.

We are always trying to improve and change our site to accommodate our new features. If there is something specific you don’t like, feel free to make feedback tickets for all your suggestions!

12. Font size

Please reduce the size of the font.
    The sizes keep increasing and decreasing as you move from one screen to another.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Difficult to manage payment

Hi Splitwise sounded attractive at first. I imported all my billmonk data, then figured, I was better off with billmonk eventhough their UI was bad and site went down often.

I am not able to change the person who paid for an entry I already recorded.
    A bill entry added with 5 people goes finally as individual entries and hence if I were to delete it, I will have to go to all the people involved in the bill and delete it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please lable the items in dashboard

Hi Developers,
    Great website, i love your efforts to make it even better

I see the button with home symbol , on dashboard, it took forever for figuring out that its to add group !!!

I suggest either add labels to the buttons or change the symbol to make it clear that it group (not home).

GL

--bharath

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Initial amount

Its not showing the original amount , and who is involved in that transaction. When you try to review that transaction once posted/saved.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Even, Plus/Minus $..." splitting

Also from Billmonk, this lets the split stay even, but one person pays $x more than the other(s). Scales arbitrarily.

Perform by subtracting x from the bill total, splitting the fake total, and then adding x back into the one person's share.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (adjustment being one of them)

We plan on adding various new ways to split the bill in the near future. I can see how this would be a good addition to that list.

17. Dashboard can be better

I suggest two ideas (borrowing what was better in Billmonk).

1) Give a numerical indication of what I owe, and what I am owed, instead of just weighted green and red bards next to the "person".

2) Automatically, do not show people with whom there are "settled" transactions. Only show people with pending transactions.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Show personal balance on drop-down list instead of/in addition to dash

The new website is AWESOME. I should start with that - I've been playing around with it and smiling to myself.

It would be even more awesome if, when I clicked on the drop-down list of groups, my personal balance displayed in red or green to the right of the name of the group. I think there's plenty of space to do it without clutter. Just a suggestion as I'm the kind of person who will never go to a "Dashboard." I don't see this anywhere in the existing threads.

It really is like night and day... I LOVE LOVE…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think we did this :) It’s been a while and our interface has changed a bit, so I’m not are we got this. Please let us know if the current dashboard doesn’t meet your needs.

Marshall

19. Allow Manually Entered Tips

I really love the new itemized bill split system in the new Splitwise. The only thing that i would recommend is that you allow the tip to be entered manually, instead of just a percentage (Even better if you allowed a percentage OR a whole number into that field and added it accordingly). The reason for this is that most of the time i do not add my expense at the restaurant, so i usually add a tip that rounds the total up to an even dollar (which is rarely an exact percentage). Thanks for putting this in if you…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Auto Shuffle Toggle

As per your comment splitwise is using auto shuffling.
    Does it takes place whenever a use enter any expenses ?

Try to make it manual process rather than automatic.
    Or if we can have a setting to turn off the auto shuffling feature.
    Many people may not like auto shuffling since it will be hard to keep track of what happened.

Manual Shuffling on a button click along with auto shuffle toggle option will be a great feature.

There was a option to turn off debt shuffling in billmonk. I dont want you people to replicate billmonk but many of…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base