Skip to content

General

672 results found

1. send emails when some puts a bill, payment etc

It would be very helpful if we can receive emails whenever some one shares a bill with us, or makes a payment.
    Overall the site is very impressive and useful.
    Good work!

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi Anonymous,

Actually, there is a user setting for that! Go to the drop-down menu in the top right of the screen, and click on “My Account.” On the right hand side, you can change your notification preferences so that you are emailed every time you are paid, added as a friend, an expense is created, etc.

Hope this helps!
    Jon

2. Contacts list organization

Show the people who owe me money at the top of the list and probably group them- owes me, I owe and settled up , like it works in the splitwise iphone app. Also, provide scroll to browse through the lsit of friends.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. make it easier to change the category of an expense.

Often an expense is categorized as 'General' when it cannot automatically be identified. I suggest you add the ability to change the category directly from the main page of expenses (perhaps a drop-down menu next to the expense) instead of needing to click on each expense and then clicking 'edit expense'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now change the expense category icon without having to edit the expense! Just click on the icon in the group page and the other service icons should appear right below the expense.

4. Input tip as dollar amount on itemized expenses.s

For those of us that just eyeball the tip it would be nice to not have to hand calculate the percent. Great product otherwise.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the current status in clear and bold in dashboard

Instead of/In addition to the bar showing debt/loans. Could you also show the actual dollar amount - may be rounded up for beautification in big letters.
    I think a service like this really has the imperative of showing you your bottomline

I find it hard to interpret the bar - I owe some, is it 10$, 100$ or $10000?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. provide an overall view of the bills (people i owe and people who owe me)

what im describing is like a Dashboard where I can see how much I owe people and how much they owe me...

This is similar to billmonk's "Home" page view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow us to choose how people are sorted

The groups on the left tab-like interface can be chosen to see their bills etc. But once you click on some group and make a change, they move to the top. This confuses me once I need to go to the next group and their spot has changed to another spot. Can you allow us to choose if we want those groups to be static or move according to last edited? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Be notified in more than one way

Set it up that everyone can have at least 2 ways to be contacted. ie email and or cell phone/txt. And you can do notification icons on your app, that way it tells the person they have a new message and to open the app.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. global summary for specific friends

If I have a friend that is part of multiple groups and owes me money in each group. It would be great to see a grand total debt for a specific friend and allow a payment to cover multiple groups (auto split).
    for right now I have to go into each group and manually add debts

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the friends page on the web to show a global summary. You can also simplify debts from the gear next to your friends name on that page in the web to consolidate all debts into your friendship, and then add a payment to settle up that amount.

Marshall

10. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Show all expenses between friends

Kindly provide a screen for Summary of all expenses or in the home screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make it easier to see list of all groups

I just switched from classic view to the new view. I did this while looking at the group I made for our ski trip. When it switched, I was taken to the page for my roommates. I now cannot easily, intuitively figure out how to get back to the page with my ski trip group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Redesign looks great!

I like the ribbon up top, the clear breakdown of who owes what on the left., and having all the deets in the "mostly middle" of the page. I'm not sure if this is a new feature or if I just noticed the ability to split a bill unequally, but thanks for adding it. Keep up the terrific work!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks, and thanks for the specificity of feedback! We’re still tweaking it, but the top ribbon, “mostly middle” debts, and left aligned list of relationships, and unequal bills are all probably here to stay.

So glad to have you on Splitwise!

14. new design wastes too much space

I see more items in classic view. In the redesign, stuff is way spaced out. Doesn't use as much horizontal space. Why are there two lines per expense now? It seemed to work just fine before with one line per expense. I guess I don't see the advantage. A lot of whitespace between lines now too.

The monthly headings take up a lot of space too.

Not really feeling it, folks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’ve just made a pretty big update to the new design in order to make it more data-dense and to better use the available space. Take a look and please let us know what you think!

15. Edit group cancel button

Add a button to the edit group page that doesn't save any changes and goes back to the main screen. Using the back button feels weird.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow % addition on iphone app

I really like the % interface on the web app but I cannot seem to get my iphone app to do it. Would be very helpful!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There's too much white space on the new design

There's no reason to separate everything onto different lines for a single bill, and there's no reason to have the entire center of the screen be nothing but white space. It would be nice to see more than a small handful of items on the screen at the same time

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it clearer how group members I added will sign in

If it sends an invite email to then, I am unaware. I am unsure if they are able to log in and see everything or not.

I love the new interface! I haven't run into any issues yet, besides what is not yet finished. Also, I love the fact that you acknowledge the fact that I have an adblocker in a completely non-intrusive way and suggest that I help out by using word of mouth. By not making me turn the adblocker off, it makes me a lot more likely to suggest it and, perhaps, turn it off anyway and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Update: we have made it more clear when invites are being sent out and now display some additional information when users have not claimed an account to help resolve these kinds of issues.

Thanks Michael,

I think this is an awesome idea. We are working now on the simplest way to give others visibility into a list of expenses and to make it a non-confusing process to be invited and to invite.

Glad you liked it. Don’t feel a need to click on the ad – in fact, that’s a fake ad anyway. :)

19. Make the date bigger in the new version

New version looks great, but I find the individual dates hard to find when scanning - important for me because I usually add in transactions in bulk by quickly checking where I left off and whether something is already in there.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)