Skip to content

General

750 results found

1. Sort/Filter by Currency

It would be great if we can filter the expenses by currency. If not then sort by currency is desirable. This would immensely help in managing the expenses with same currency

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might want to try exporting as a spreadsheet (go to a friend/group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Export as spreadsheet”). You’ll then be able to sort or filter bills as you wish in Excel, Google Drive, or any other spreadsheet program.

2. can add additional feature of having graphic trends per individual per month

I would like to see graphical analysis of my expenses per group, all groups in selectable period (Date between/ Monthly)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Hi Abhinav,

You can see our current best analysis by category by month by going to: splitwise.com

1. Either navigate the group you are interested in or All Expenses
    2. Click the Trends widget on the upper right, and then view full charts

Custom defined periods would have to be a pro feature – that is very expensive computationally to do for us at present. You can also export group level data to csv via the gear in the upper right → Export as spreadsheet to do your own analysis if you want custom ranges.

I hope this helps!
    Jon

3. Automatically Pull/Parse bill emails

I would totally give you guys access to my email if you could grab PG&E statement emails and add those bill amounts automatically to Splitwise. Would be rad. They always have the same subject line ("Your PG&E Energy Statement is Ready to View") and the total is included in the email body.

Love your app!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We’d love to help facilitate logins to Utility providers, but for security reasons, we plan to add some additional layers of security (optional PIN login, stronger password controls, and external auditing) before we provide anything that should be good enough for storing login data securely. For now, I would not recommend storing login data or account details in any of the data entry fields on Splitwise.

- Jon

6. Mavericks/Safari push notifications

It would be great if you supported Safari push notifications in OS X Mavericks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would definitely be a cool addition at some point! It’s probably at least a little ways down the line (heck, we’re still working on bringing iOS/Android push notifications up to speed), but I’ll add it to our list of ideas for the future :)

7. add a way to add notes directly to the timeline

For example, I would like record a rate increase on the date it happened. It would be best to keep it separate from a specific bill so that it is 1) more visible (ie not buried in a note) and 2) it could happen in the middle of a billing cycle.

I have kludged it by recording a cash payment of 2 cents from myself to myself and then putting the note in the payment note, which shows directly in the timeline. But a more official way would be really nice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea John – we are still developing the comments / notes system and we do want to develop into a full messaging feature. We’ve done some work on this recently, and some form is coming, but we’re still unsure if we want the messages to appear directly in the transaction timeline. We need to test it out before we’re confident what we think works best. Thanks for telling us about your kludge, that’s very helpful

- Jon

8. to give a added feature of getting monthly expence made by each person after or before the settlement.

this features helps us to track our monthly expenses individually. And also the group expenses spent monthly. That is if I add a bill the flow should go on as it is working now additionally there should be extra feature which keeps individual expenses which should be highlighted in our profile. And after settlements also it should get adjusted automatically then individual person can know how much he has spent for a month. For example :
    in a group of 3, all will be adding there bills but there is be no indication of individual expense, so by adding this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  9. Mix facebook and google account

You should be able to mix your facebook acount with your google (using boths to log-in for ex) and take your profile picture and contacts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you click on “view full details” under the group balances on the website, you will get a more detailed list of how we think you should settle up with individual settle up buttons like you describe.

We should probably consider showing more options after clicking the general settle up button on the group page.

Marshall

12. Expense reminder

I made an expense with a friend who is out of reach for a month. I have already added it to Splitwise but the share has not been decided. I want a reminder after 'd' days (when my friend is likely to be back) that the amount in the expense needs revision. Is this currently do-able?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can see why you would want a reminder in this case. This isn’t doable at the moment, though you could add a comment to the expense that you need to update it.

We’re really loathe to add “do it later” features in general to the app because if you get into the habit of putting off entering data (which is the most annoying part of any app like this), you can wind up with a pile of unfinished expenses.

We have a couple of potential features that might help with this, though, so I’m leaving this as under review.

Marshall

13. Add regular payment tracking function for non-split expenses

would be great if I would be able to add payments I make for myself as well. this would allow me to use SPLITWISE for all expenses, currently its 20% split, 80% expenses for myself. of course the split ones are more actionable but some information on the other expenses would greatly help...

in the splitting screen there could be another field I PAY MYSELF.

in the enter detail screen I would just need an optional field to be able to categorize my expenses.

and in the OVERVIEW screen it should show how much was spend you paid XX,XX $"…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Several people would love to use Splitwise for personal expenses, and we’re always interested to hear about this. So far, we’ve stayed away for just the reason you say – the ones owed to others are more actionable. So we are focusing on that for now.

I’m aware that some users input expenses with just themselves, and list themselves as the “payer” as well as the only “ower.” The only place these expenses can be seen is on the “all expenses tab.” But yes, seeing charts and such would be nice in that case, and that’s hard to do right now.

Thanks for the suggestion, and we’ll leave the under review for now.

Cheers,
    Jon

14. Add group AND other friends to expense

Say I'm sharing a meal with my roommates and some other friends. We split the bill using splitwise, and now my roommates owe me money, and so does the other friends. I'm behind in the "Roommates" group, so I want the part of the bill involving my roomies to appear in the group, and the part regarding my other friends to appear individually under "friends".

Adding the group to the bill simply translates to whomever is in the group, and now there are two seprate expenses being tracked, which is confusing.

Could it be possible to have an expense listed…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is actually tricky for technical reasons, because of how we organize and handle expenses on our servers. Group + friend expenses aren’t very common from what we’ve seen, but I’ll pass on the suggestion and see if it’s something for our long-term to-do list.

15. summary of all the expenses per category

It would be very usefull to know how much each one has spent since the creation of the account for each category.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea – I’ll pass it on at our next team meeting!

In the meantime, you can already view monthly category summaries on the web by going to a friend/group/all expenses and clicking the “Trends” button at the top of the right-hand column. Then click the “view full charts” link at the bottom of the right-hand sidebar.

Alternately, you could try exporting your expenses with any friend or group to a spreadsheet, and then building charts from that.

16. Average balance of a user

Add a stat which shows a user's average balance. This will actually imply monetary behaviour of a user over a period of time (and hence his generosity or lack of it). It's an easy to implement and yet cool feature.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea! We definitely like encouraging people to be responsible about paying each other back :) We’ve also considered a graph of your total balance over time, which would accomplish some similar things. We’re a bit tied up with Android work at the moment, but I’ll add this to our list of possible future improvements.

17. Hiding of types of expenses and/or Favorites

Hi, I think it will be useful if you can hide some of the expenses you won't be using at all or as an alternative, there may be one more category - favorites and there you may put the ones that you use most. Great site!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currency settings should affect the calculators as well

Just a minor probably cosmetic issue. I saw that button "Set all expenses to <currency selected>"

I was kinda bummed as I thought if I clicked that button, the calculators will also follow the setting but it does not :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble! You’re totally right – right now the calculators always use $. I’ll add this to our list of to-dos, and we’ll try to fix it to show the correct currency symbol soon :)

19. Forward a payment

SCENARIO:
    Larry and Moe each paid $50 of a bill for Curly.
    Now Curly owes $100, $50 each to Larry and Moe.
    Curly pays Moe $100.
    Now Moe owes Larry $50.

Currently, it appears you can only manually split the pymt to simulate the transaction.

I'd like to see a way to split a pymt to more than one person.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)