Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. Chart legend sorted by percentage

Currently Charts legend is sorted by pie slices order (probably Google Visualisation's default). But it would be useful to have it ordered in descending order or as a separate table that can be sorted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We have plans to revisit the charts in the future and improve them based on data we’ve received. However with our small team it is hard to give an estimate as to when this will happen. The best course is to subscribe to this thread which we’ll update when the feature has been completed.

2. Android wear

Add a simple expense add for a (particular) group in Android wear and show last few transactions in that group. It would be easier to just divide the bill without taking out my phone on my wear!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable loading phone contacts when entering a transaction

If I want to enter a transaction, I want to do this fast, so spent the least possible amount of time on searching and including the right person. The Android app shows all my phonebook contacts, which is not convienient if I just quickly want to add a transaction.

Maybe a separate "import phonebook contacts" button can be made available

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate with PayPal so that I can import latest expenses directly into my splitwise account!

I use the PayPal card a lot for making purchases. It would be awesome if you could integrate PayPal with Splitwise - perhaps import the latest expenses?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Put some padding at the bottom of the main view

it's too hard to expand/unexpand expenses when they are all the way at the bottom, because your window get scrolled up if you collapse them. it's just confusing, try it and you'll see

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I just checked and the view does scroll up a bit when you click ‘Show more’ in the ‘All expenses’ view on the website. I’ve reported this to the team, and they’ll definitely add this to their bug list. Is this what you were referring to?

9. the left pane lists like "friends" and "groups" should be collapsible

The left pane lists like "Friends" and "Groups" can be a long one. I suggest you allow them to be collapsible (by clicking on the list name or something similar) and allow that state to be saved for convenience and a cleaner appearance for users with long lists (like me).
    P.S. Splitwise is great. Please keep it up!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

We hear you. Friends and groups in the app are slightly unwieldy and difficult to access, and we are planning a redesign of the Android app to address those issues.

10. sync with Tripit

retrieve trip data, people traveling and booked/payed plans from the tripit platform. this will reduce the effort of setting up a new splitwise trip a lot.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the interesting and new idea! We are generally cautious adding new integrations but if this becomes a popular request we will review the feasibility in more detail.

Best,
    Jon

11. Add subscription feeds to the calendar function

Add support for calendar subscriptions (i.e., .ics .gcal .html) to the calendar function for groups. Simply having a calendar item that said "Pay <name> for <bill name>" or "<bill name> due" would be great. I would find this especially handy for recurring bills (e.g., utilities, rent, groceries).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding new people to groups automatically splits future bills that were set up as between all of the group

I've had a group set up (an apartments) with recurring bills, now one of my flatmates gf has moved in and is paying the bills, but I'm having to adjust each recurring bill to include her. It would be great if when you set up a bill to split with the entire group it would update when new people were added (or removed)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Our recurring bill system is pretty simple, so this isn’t possible at the moment. We are planning to review it at some point, so this is something we’ll look at then.

Marshall

13. create a simple printable summary

I see the detailed summary and the simple group balances view. I wish there were a printable summary of group balances that I could include in an email so that I can explain how much people will pay in an email without taking a screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I can see how it would be useful to have something to download and share, especially if not everyone is actually logging in to Splitwise. I’ll add this to our list of possible improvements.

14. Provide easily accessible info on the differences between memo, note, and comment

In both the web & mobile apps, it would be great if you had a little 'I' in a circle that we could click for more info about a specific feature--specifically I was and still am very confused as to the differences between a Memo, Note, and Comment. Would be helpful if there was a short sentence or two explaining what each feature was for. Thanks for a great app!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the confusion! Yep, I agree that all those differences are pretty hard to understand. Hopefully it’s something we can clean up in the future. In brief:

Memo: Basically the same as the “Description” field on a normal expense. When there’s enough room, we try to display this text right in the list of expenses (e.g. “Ryan paid Jon $20 for ‘Groceries’”)

Notes: When adding an expense or a payment, the notes field lets you include extra information about that transaction. (Once upon a time, we didn’t have any ability to add comments at all, and this was the only way to include extra information about a transaction. Now that Splitwise supports comments as well, I think we may phase out the Notes field at some point.)

Comments: This allows anyone involved in an expense to add more information. An expense can have many comments.

15. default with one

I use splitwise with my boyfriend only. If there is only one active user, I want that person automatically selected all the time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll pass it on! I know we do something like this for people who only use one group, and I can definitely see how it’d be useful for accounts with only one other person.

16. Add option of auto adjustment to the bills like deposits/furniture bills when a new person is added to a flat/apartment group

Add option of auto adjustment to the bills like deposits/furniture bills when a new person is added to a flat/apartment group.
    Currently if a new person is added, we have to edit the bills (like initial deposit,furniture etc) manually.
    Also need an option to manage deposits rather than expense bills

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s not really a good automated way to handle this, though we agree there are some common cases that are pretty annoying. Deposits you can currently do on the website with the reimbursement split type.

Marshall

17. Allow two (or more) currencies

When breaking down costs abroad, it would be great to have the currency for the country you're in (eg. Euros) and also the conversion for your home currency (eg. GBP). That way you can see what you're spending (or owed) in the foreign currency but also in your home currency with an updated exchange rate. It's great you are able to convert the currency in the pro version, but being seeing both currencies would be a great advantage.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. when displaying list of "All expenses" user should be able to know to whom he borrowed/lent

currently the All expenses UI only shows the list of expenses but doesn't show to whom I borrowed/lent. To know this I need to open each expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there’s not usually enough room on the screen to do a good job explaining who you borrowed/lent with in that list. When you’re in a group or friendship, we do break down your lending in that group/friend. I’m not sure how we would put this together in a clean way.

Marshall

19. Allow marking the expense as posted at financial institution and budget reconciled.

Splitwise can evolve into an expense tracker for shared expenses and individual expenses. It can replace a checkbook register and other means of tracking credit and cash purchases. I currently make a comment on shared expenses that the transaction posted to my financial institution. I then make a comment "transferred" when I move money from my categorized SubAccount (bucket)at my bank. Unfortunately if it is a shared expense the other parties get a nuisance notification when I add these comments. Furthermore I can't tell if I have reconciled the expense on a personal level unless I open each expense and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll pass it on! We’d love to get better at this sort of thing over time. For now, your solution with comments sounds like the best available option.

20. Integrate Square Cash Mail-to and Yodlee Payment Integration

1. Any plans to integrate square cash into the platform? They don't have an API, but you could integrate the mail-to functionality to trigger an email. I really hate using Venmo and still leave your site to make payments.

2. Have you considered integrating Yodlee into your platform? I currently use a combination of BillGuard and Splitwise. I think combining the two would be incredible. You could have a real time feed into splitwise of your most recent charges and then decide if you want to split them. You'd be able to monetize your app by charging a subscription for banking integration.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base