General

1. Payments need proper highlight

I see the payments part unclear and almost invisible. Rather payments should be more highlights with some green LEDs if possible. Also I feel they should be right aligned and shown in negative values as in Bank statements.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I can see how this type of view would be helpful and easy to read. We’re always looking at ways to improve our users experience. I’ll bring this up with the team at our next company meeting and see if it’s something we can get on the schedule.

2. Leader and Slacker board

Hi,
    It would be nice to see who's been taking the heat and who's been slacking throughout the month and throughout the year. A graph to depict that would be awesome. this is typically helpful when people don't settle up when they are supposed to. Time value for money... etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is awesome. There’s nothing like shame to quickly make people pony up the money they owe! This is something that I’ll talk with my teammates and see if it’s something we can fit on the schedule.

3. A couple thoughts on itemized bills

In some states, not everything is subject to sales tax (for instance, in my state of Massachusetts, groceries and clothing are not taxed). This can make itemized bills that include both taxed and non-taxed items impossible to enter in one bill. A potential fix for this would be to include a check box that appears when there is something entered in the tax percent field so that the user can choose items that are not taxed. I think it would make sense to have it be an opt out system, in which every item starts with a check box indicating…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan on tweaking itemized bills in the very near future. I think the quantity idea is a good one, along with the optional tax idea. We’ll keep these in mind when reworking the UI.

4. Discount Coupons

Can you guys try and add discount coupons for the items which I buy frequently ( Which you can m/c learn from my shopping history ) from the shops ( drop down menu of shops in my locality ? ) which I shop from often in my locality ? I understand that's a lot of work to do. But just thought if implemented will also get you some constant revenue ?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I think this is awesome! I’d love to see us be able to connect with retailers and have them give out coupons based on purchases. I’ll bring this up with my team and see if it’s something we’d like to consider long term.

5. Add friend of friends as your friends

It is possible that we may have common friends between multiple people who have not yet been added in our friend. It'll be easier to add a friend from our friend's friend list

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set expense/bill priority.

It would be great to be able to set certain expenses by priority. For example, some household utility bills need to be paid ASAP, where as beer money, and some misc. expenses are not so urgent.

If you could set a priority to bills, then it may be possible to see which bills need to be payed asap, and which ones can wait a while.

This feature is very handy for people that have to be tight with money and can pay only what they have to first.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Putting priority on bills is a great idea. We are moving towards being able to apply payments to specific expenses for better tracking, but I like the idea of visibly showing which ones need to get paid vs the not as important drug store run. I’ll bring it up with my teammates and see if it/when it’s something we can get on our schedule.

7. "equal share" option can exclude old house mates without removing them from group

I live in a co-op house with 6 housemates and 10 older house mates. Some still visit but most are no longer living with us. The number of older housemates keeps growing over time, and sometimes we add friends to splitwise to balance all sorts of expenses.

When I add an expense and select "share equally" I want it to charge only the active housemates. What happens is that it selects ALL the people in the group, and I need to manually uncheck them off until I have the group I desire. It would help if I could define a…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I like the idea of the “sub-group” and see how it could be useful when it comes to bigger groups like that. I’ll bring this up at our next meeting and see if it’s something we can put on the schedule.

8. allow us to save the "Settle up" "Simplify debts" summary as a PDF.

The "Simplify debts" works great and is what i'd like to email to the group rather than the full summary PDF.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is an interesting proposal, and one I could see useful with people inside the groups. I’ll talk with my co workers at our next meeting to see if/when we can get that on our road map.

9. suggession

Hi, I have been using splitwise for a while and provided comments previously as well.

I have recommended this site to my friend in my apartment and we are all using it. Recently, we are around 8 family have gone for trip and while dividing our expenses, we thought it would be good if it was in this way. And listing our thoughts here..

1. there should be a way to create sub-group or instance under Group and have only people involved. We have a group "BIGELOW" which is our apartment name and a lot of people part of it.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

These are some great suggestions. I’ve heard a few people ask for the “sub group” recently, and it’s something I think would be helpful too. It’s something we’ll be discussing at our next company meeting. The dashboard is something we’re planning on having a big redo on in the future to show more information about your entire account.

10. have option to display debt to individuals instead of to group when viewing groups

I wanted to use groups but it fell apart because it didn't display the total debt for people. Since I imported all of my info from billmonk for this group, groups became totally worthless. Now it is troublesome to assign a debt to a group of people.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! we love feedback, I hope your Uservoice name is for another company:)

You can currently see the total debt of an individual (including the groups they are involved in) on their friendship tab. I could see that having that information in the group (or the ability to switch views within a group) would be neat. I’ll bring this up with my co workers at our next meeting and see if they think this is something we want to do.

11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now the person who owns the account has the ability to change what their screen name is. I can see how giving people the ability to set the persons name on their end would be useful.

12. Keep former group members in the transaction history

When a old group member is settled up and removed, his name becomes "[removed]" in the transaction history. It'd be useful to still have his name for record-keeping.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Drag and Drop

Ability to drag and drop people from the friend list to the group. Drag a friend's name to a dedicated area to start creation of a shared bill/loan/debt. Also have the ability to drag and drop more friends to the bill being created

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, we’re going to be taking a look how how to integrate our friendships and groups better next week. We’ve usually gone the pull down tab method, but I think the idea of dragging and dropping would be really neat too!

14. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Facebook logins from the Android app

I've found that I can connect with Facebook on the website, but not through my Android phone. Consistency is king.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vinod,

We apologize for this, but we haven’t had time to include Facebook login on iPhone or Android yet. The reason why it’s been such a low priority is that Facebook login has not been especially popular users thus far and doesn’t add a lot of functionality.

We don’t have any plans to add facebook login on the phones soon, but you can work-around this issue by “resetting your password” on the website, and typing in the email address of the email associated with that facebook account.

I’m sorry we’re so quickly breaking support for a feature. My apologies, and let me know if you need any more assistance!

Jon

16. adding a do by date and google calender integration

When creating a new bill, I suggest that you can add a do by date on the bill and also allow integration with your google calender or allow it to add it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re planning on bringing more integration to Splitwise in the near future (Including Google contacts). Bringing in the calendar is a pretty sweet idea that I could see being a huge help if you don’t want reminder emails.

17. Add an export to feed option

So I can see the expenses/IOU made in my group using my feedreader. I moved from ioweyou.co.uk and they had this option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Query

How to send a group email ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add more settlement alternatives, e.g. if someone is away

Sometimes a group member is away, this makes settlement as suggested complicated.
    We need more settlement possibilities. Especially it would be great to see a recap of who owes what to whom, BEFORE aggregating the amounts.
    This would be a basic settlement option that one can use to quickly see who owes what to whom, without trying to make any offset between members. This way if one member defaults/leave without paying what it owes, it can be removed from the equation and the settlement view is still usable.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Having multiple ways to calculate who’s owes who what within a group is an interesting idea. I could see this being extra convenient for this reason -and many others. I’ll bring it up with the team and we’ll see where this can fit into our schedule.

20. have a car pool calculator

a car pool calculator where you can enter the amount and date you purchased fuel for the car, the calculator would split the bill according to the dates and number of people car pooling with you... that would be a very nice feature to add.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve discussed this kind of calculator internally a couple of times and haven’t yet figured out how costs should be broken down in a fair way. This would be nice to have, but I doubt we’ll have time to work on this in the near future. We’re a small team, so picking priorities is important :)

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base