672 results found

1. 227 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    54 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

A basic version of this feature (“View group totals”) is now on all platforms: iPhone, Android, and web! You can also analyze more details group totals by exporting your group expenses to a spreadsheet, which is also available on all platforms.

We hope to keep improving this feature over time, so feel free to make suggestions below. Thanks!

2. Currency Selection

Allow multiple currency selections to show only commonly used currencies for travel expenses instead of long list

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  3. 1. after you settle up- show history somewhere.

Hello,
    i'm using your application and i noticed there is something missing (for me at least).
    i was using the app with my roommate to put monthly bills, but after i settle up with her and i wasn't sure if i charge her for the internet bill of last month i had nowhere to go see if i did it or not.
    So i have a 2 suggestion:
    1. after you settle up- show history somewhere.
    2. an option to enter bills by months so ppl can see the bill and for what month the bill was for.

Would love…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Once you settle up with a friend or settle up with everyone in a group, we hide all the previous expenses with them, but we don’t delete them.

To view them, you can simply tap on the big green checkmark that appears on your friend/group screen that says “You are all settled up”. Once you tap on it, you should be able to see all your old expenses.

For your second suggestion, you’ll be glad to know that Splitwise already supports recurring bills!

When adding a new bill on the web or in our mobile apps, click on the date. This should reveal a screen that allows you to change the date of the bill and set a repeat interval (weekly, monthly, etc).

If your bill repeats, you will also have the option to set an email reminder for a few days in advance. That reminder will be sent to…

4. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m assuming this is an issue when adding expenses? If so, you can click on the equally token when adding an expense and choose who is involved in the expense.

Marshall

5. Recurring expense

Every moth there will be some common recurring expenses, I wish you can allow us to duplicate/ copy an existing expense so we can update and save as new. For example I have mobile expense split between 4 people in different way (not equally), every month it's same, so it's a pain to enter everything again and again. If I can just copy and recreate, then entering finite details like service name/ or splitting details/ etc will be eliminated.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We actually have a feature for recurring bills already, if that’s what you’re looking for! Just tap on the date when adding a bill, and you can set it to recur as often as you’d like – new copies of the bill will automatically be generated each week/month/etc.

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re asking for, just leave a comment and let me know what you mean, and I’d be happy to pass on the feedback :)

6. Splitwise in spanish?

It could be possible?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  7. add a feature to see total personal expense in a group

I have groups made for trips or for certain occasions and what i want to know for my records is how much have i spent on that occasion or trip. Currently, i can see only the break up of how much I spent on each expense item but I want to also see a sum of that, i.e total expense for the entire group as well for each member of that group

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show the total balance amount for each person

For each person, instead of showing as "asterisk" next to the amount, the app should display to total amount to be paid/received. And you can then show the breakdown when you click that person's field.

In short, show the total amount to be paid/received instead of displaying an "asterisk".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: our mobile apps now show all balances for a person or group instead of just the default.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by displaying “the total amount”? In general, we only display an asterisk(*) if a user has balances in multiple different currencies. Would you prefer us to automatically convert all those currencies into one currency, and show the converted total balance?

9. Having a Separate Name field

when we add a new User/friend in a group, sometimes it takes the email-ID as Name as displays the same ...
    Can we please have an option to edit the displayed Name while/after adding.

Also Observation is, when a new Friend is added using Mobile App instead of taking Names it takes email ID only.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: the Android 4.0 release now includes the option to edit friend information as long as your friend has not accepted their invite.

You’re right, this is definitely an issue with the current Android app. When you add a friend using their email address, we use the part before the ‘@’ and populate that as the person’s name.

If you’ve added someone as a friend using their email address and they haven’t accepted your invite yet, you can go to that friend’s page and navigate to their friend settings. From here, you can both edit their name and their email address. But once someone accepts an invite from you, they are the only person who can change their details.

We are planning to make this easier in an upcoming Android release, where you’ll be able to edit a friend’s info both from the friends setting page as well as from…

10. The ability to add bill to group with non-group participants

We are a group of about 9 that often do things together (go out to eat, go to the movies and such). As we do it on a regular basis we just keep track of things with splitwise. However sometimes during our events we bring along people from outside the group that join in. If we then would have splitwise split the bill we couldn't add it to our group as we got non group members. This means that we suddenly have bills which are pretty much group based outside the group creating the need for double payments instead of…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have this in the app right now, but it’s a little hard to find. When you’re adding an expense with your group, you can just add more people to the list of tokens next to the group at the top of the add bill form. It won’t keep the non-group people on the expense permanently, but it will create 2 separate expenses from the initial version that you added, one in the group and one with just the other people.

The only tricky part is that the person paying for the expense usually needs to be the one to add it to the system in this case.

Marshall

11. Touch ID for security with optional passcode

Introduce Touch ID for security with optional passcode

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: this is now available on iPhone. To enable, go to the Me tab and click on Passcode. Once you’ve added a passcode, you will be able to use Touch ID or the passcode to unlock the app.

Yep, great idea, it’s on our list of cool things we’d love to do :) Thanks for submitting.

- Jon

12. Reallocate payments upon settling up to minimize transfers between group members

While i love splitwise, when a group is large, the total number of payments needed to settle up becomes unmanageable. We had 13 people in the group and settling up required each person to make payment to or get payment from the other 12 people, resulting in 144 total transfers. In some cases, the amount was less than $1. Instead, if Person A owes Person B and Person B owes Person C, Splitwise should have Person A pay Person C directly as opposed to having two separate payments. This would make the app exponentially better!

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

So sorry for the trouble – we actually do this already! If you go into your group’s settings and turn on the “simplify debts” option, we’ll automatically reallocate payments to reduce the total number of payments necessary. Hope that helps!

13. Incorrect Spanish Translation

The string "Ver un resume imprimible" should actually be "Ver un resumen imprimible" i.e. resume -> resumen
    Furthermore, when clicking on this printable view link, the view is in English, when it should be in Spanish!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort friends tab

Make it possible to sort the friends tab so you get friends with own/owned amounts at the top

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: both mobile apps now have filters at the top of the friends/groups list that allow you to only show people who owe you or people you owe.

Thanks for the suggestion – I can see how this would be useful! Right now, you should be able to do this on the dashboard page of our website, but unfortunately there’s no way to do it in our mobile apps yet. Apologies for the inconvenience!

15. Send message to the group/friend in the group

We should be able to send a message to the group/friend which is visible to them as a notification/ pop up when they login

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

You can add comments to expenses, which show up in the recent activity feed when your friend opens the app next. If they have push notification or email notifications for comments turned on, they will also receive one of those.

Marshall

16. I want to be able to delete my avatar once I've added one

At present, once I upload a picture, I can only replace it with a new one. I want to be able to 'Remove Avatar', and have no avatar/ picture.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now remove your avatar from our iPhone and Android apps by tapping on it in the Account tab on iOS or in the menu sidebar on Android.

You can also remove a group photo by tapping on it in your Group Settings screen.

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →
  18. Export data to spreadsheet directly from app

To see how money was spent and make critical reviews.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Update: This is now available on iPhone and Android!

We hear you loud and clear! Spreadsheet export will soon be available on iPhone, and a bit later on Android.

Right now, you CAN export to spreadsheet but only on the website. You can do this by going to the group/friend in question, then clicking on the settings “gear” in the upper right, then “Export as spreadsheet.”

Best,
    Jon

19. Merge Account should merge (not simply migrate)

When one merges two or more accounts, they should still be able to login using the original accounts login information, blocking one to recreate the un-merged accounts. Currently the merge feature works more like migrate.

P.S. love this app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: merging accounts now keeps both email addresses.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’d definitely like to support this, and hope to add this feature once we add the ability for an account to have multiple email addresses.

20. What else is in Splitwise pro?

I want to see if there are extra things useful to me in Splitwise Pro, but it doesn't seem to do very well selling me the features.

Is there a details page where I can read about other features?

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base