General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add "Every 2 weeks" Feature?

Could you add a feature that makes a bill reoccur "Once Every X weeks"? My boyfriend and I get a organic produce box every 2 weeks, but I'm not sure how I'd put that into Splitwise. I considered doubling the amount and setting it as Monthly, as a workaround, but that will turn inaccurate when it comes to longer months.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Anon,

We have this feature, actually! “Fortnightly” means that it repeats once every two weeks. This is already in the web app – click “divide a bill”, then change “just this once” to “Fortnightly.”

We don’t plan to add every “X” weeks unless a lot of people request it – not because it is a bad idea, but just because we have a bunch of other stuff on this forum we want to do more :)

Thanks!
    Jon

2. My Expenses

Is there a feature to show me what my expenses are and how they are distributed over the different groups I am in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow archiving of groups

I have 13 groups/trips set up now. We create one for a specific trip and once its settled, rather than delete it, would be good to have a archive section where it can be stored perpetually rather than having to delete. The reason I want to delete is because this list will grow over time and then there are way too many of them.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach a file (an image, PDF, etc.) to a bill

Our household is paperless and we scan every bill and receipt. It would be awesome if we could attach a scan of the receipt to the bill.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Attachments are now supported on all of our platforms: web, iPhone, and Android. When adding a bill, just click the button that says “Add an image” (web) or the button that looks like a camera (iPhone and Android).

6. Payment date

Can you please add what date a payment was made not just when the entry was made...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can set the date of the payment when you create it either in the left hand expense create window in the web or in the black bar of buttons on the mobile apps.

Marshall

7. Link contacts by Phone Number

I'm sure you have usage statistics on this, but I'm guessing the primary users of your app are phone-based, and not PC-based (except for features currently not possible in the apps).
    Due to this, contacts should be linked by phone numbers, and debts can be sent by push notifications (another idea I've posted). That'll allow easier addition and maintenance of friends.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now invite friends by phone numbers and receive push notifications. There are still some issues with matching invites to users that we are working on.

Marshall

8. Summary

There should be a summary of the total expenses to be paid for and to be collected and NET.

Somewhere in the app you need to display TOTAL to be paid, TOTAL to be collected and the NET status.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable "Pay via Paypal" on your mobile app.

The "Pay via Paypal" feature is the best! Add that to the mobile app to make this service a thousand times better!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add some text to the UI buttons

This site uses too much mystery meat navigation. Please add some text to the interface buttons, so I can know what will happen if I click them, without having to guess at the meaning of an icon or look at the address in the status bar. If this muddies your design, at the very least you should display tooltips when hovering above UI elements.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Itemized bill to be modified easily

Bills already added in Groups, need to be modified easily. Web interface shows the whole bill as only a list (needs to editable individual entries). Also I couldn't figure out how to edit an entry from Mobile.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. everything perfect

Very nice app for keeping track of expenses.Especially when you are living with friends on rent it helps to split perfectly.

WONDERFUL IDEA BY THE TEAM

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add an option to filter out expenses/payments by user

It would be a nice feature to allow viewing only expenses and payments related to any particular user if required

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added this feature in the web redesign! Click “other actions”, then “hide items not involving me” to see only the transactions that involve you.

(We haven’t decided yet whether to allow you to see only the expenses that involve some /other/ user besides yourself. If that’s a feature you’d like to see, let us know!)

14. Maintain percentage split functionality in new splitwise

In the new splitwise user interface, splitting bills by percentage doesn't seem to be working. (by adding the percentage in the "owed" fields in the expenses pop-up. If there's another way in the new interface to do this, please let me know!) This feature is the only reason I use splitwise. Please include it in the new design. :)

In addition, I'd like to request that when filling out the percentages, the final percentage is automatically calculated. For example: I split all my groceries and take-out with my roommate 60/40% because he eats more than me. It is tiresome to…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: This is now available on the web! To do this you choose “split the bill unequally” and you’ll see the new options on how to split a bill in there (% being one of them)

We plan on bringing the % split back in the near future. We’ve gotten a lot of requests for it after we removed it and will be putting it back in very soon. The automatically adding the total up to 100% is something I think would be awesome also. We have talked about it, just don’t have a date on it yet.

I do like the batch idea, and I could see that or something like a “default split” (where it’s 60/40 all the time unless you specify something different). We have discussed the batch processing in the past, and will be addressing it again once our big release comes out.

15. good apps

good apps

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. send email if ever there is a new bill here

when there is a new bills posted, i think the system should send an automatic mail alert to respective email ID

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In your user settings, you can opt-in to receive an email any time a bill is posted, edited or deleted. We may make this the default at some point, but want to avoid spamming people.

Marshall

17. Support Haiti's currency

I'm working with a mission in Haiti, and this app is very useful. But sometimes the bills come in HTG and we have to convert it manually. It would be supper nice to have this currency supported!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Total amount on shared bills

Hi, I was wondering if you could add a feature which shows the total amount on the shared bill. Because when someone submits a shared bill, we will know just our share. It would be good if it was like "This is the total amount and your share is this much". Just a thought!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Libyan Currency

Your application has shocked many users from Libya but the Libyan currency is still demanded in order to use this app properly and for Arabic language as well thank u

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dates on Bills

I used to be able to set the date of the bill in the next month since that is when I want my room mates to pay up. I like separating the bills out into the months that they are due. With the current (new) format if I want to print out the PDF for the month there would be weird dates for all the bills and for some it would like there are two comcast bills in the same month. Bring the date-set feature back... Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base