Skip to content

General

869 results found

1. You can only collapse an expanded expense by clicking exactly horizontal with the expense total

I just noticed that the only area listening for a click to collapse an expanded expenses is a thin strip exactly parallel with with amount total of the expense. It would be nice if clicking anywhere in the expanded expense header collapsed the expense.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

Thanks Anon,

Very interesting suggestion! That is by design, but I’m curious to see if other people agree. Personally, I like they way it works but I’ll leave this under review to think about as we are tweaking design.

Cheers,
    Jon

2. Send report to all

One should be able to send a report With all expenses and debts to everyone in a Group for setllement.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might want to check out the printable summary on our website. There’s a link to a monthly printable summary at the top of each month of expenses – if you click it, you can see a summary of all expenses for that month, or all expenses for all months if you prefer.

3. show a person still owes if their payment is pending

Person is shown as settled up, but I haven't received the payment yet and it's shown on "pending".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on this suggestion as well! It’s a bit tricky, since we want to avoid causing confusion in the opposite direction (i.e. I owe you $100, I send you $100, and then Splitwise still says I owe you $100), but there may be a way we could better indicate “pending” status.

4. Add Passbook support!

Would be great if passbook was supported, we could quickly check to see the split balance of someone I regularly split lunch with...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Interesting suggestion – I’ll pass it on! My current understanding is that Passbook has some issues with keeping perfectly in sync (i.e. the Passbook only syncs its passes once every few hours), but it may be that that behavior has changed, or that the behavior will get better with iOS 8.

5. Friends name on iPhone Notification

Its a suggestion that the iPhone notification should display the friends name who adds/modifies any expense. For now the notification shows just the amount and title of the expense which is confusing sometimes when one has too many friends. it doesn't tells me who added the expense.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Push notifications can only have 200 characters, so it can be a little tricky to get names in there in addition to bill info. We are considering this, though.

As of last week, when you tap a push notification it’ll take you right to the expense in question (not just to the Home screen) which should help you be less confused.

Zoe

6. make it easier to add a person to a group

It took me a couple of minutes to find how to add someone to a group which I felt was pretty hidden. I would've imagined that "add a person to group" would be in the right hand panel, or in the view full details overlay.

or ... if i clicked on a user, that I could have a dropdown to add a user to a group.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  7. addd option to add previous dues for starters

I just started using this app. No doubt, this is exactly what I was looking for. But previously I used a note taking app for the same purpose and would like to add previous dues to person while starting as a new user. In other words an option to add initial debt to a new user added would be an amazing add on!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Removing the button to un-delete after un-deleting an expense

Hi,

I un-deleted an expense yesterday but was a bit confused when I saw the button still appearing in the activity page. Maybe removing the button (I totally understand the logic for keeping the deletion activity in tact) would be great and not so confusing :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Estelito – that definitely makes sense! I’ll add this to our list of to-dos for the web app. (I believe our iPhone and Android apps already work this way, so hopefully we can catch up the web app soon.)

9. Sort/Filter by Currency

It would be great if we can filter the expenses by currency. If not then sort by currency is desirable. This would immensely help in managing the expenses with same currency

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →

I’ll pass on the suggestion! For now, you might want to try exporting as a spreadsheet (go to a friend/group, then click the settings icon at the top of the right column and choose “Export as spreadsheet”). You’ll then be able to sort or filter bills as you wish in Excel, Google Drive, or any other spreadsheet program.

10. Assign the correct person when I click to send a reminder

There´s a link with people's name, then there's one button close to each name to "Send a reminder". As I clicked the button close to the person's name, I thought it was going to send to that person, but what happened is that I send the same reminder to the same person a few times, because I missed the dropdown to actually select the person. Makes sense?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. can add additional feature of having graphic trends per individual per month

I would like to see graphical analysis of my expenses per group, all groups in selectable period (Date between/ Monthly)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Abhinav,

You can see our current best analysis by category by month by going to: splitwise.com

1. Either navigate the group you are interested in or All Expenses
    2. Click the Trends widget on the upper right, and then view full charts

Custom defined periods would have to be a pro feature – that is very expensive computationally to do for us at present. You can also export group level data to csv via the gear in the upper right → Export as spreadsheet to do your own analysis if you want custom ranges.

I hope this helps!
    Jon

12. Automatically Pull/Parse bill emails

I would totally give you guys access to my email if you could grab PG&E statement emails and add those bill amounts automatically to Splitwise. Would be rad. They always have the same subject line ("Your PG&E Energy Statement is Ready to View") and the total is included in the email body.

Love your app!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Itemized Bills should not show Tax and Tips in comments if they are all zeros

Whenever I enter new Itemized Bill, in comments it always display the details which is really good except the fact that Tax and Tips still show up even though they are all zeros.
    I would like to request an improvement which would only allow Tax and Tips to appear on comments if they are having atleast one non zero value.

Great Site! Really Helpful.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We’d love to help facilitate logins to Utility providers, but for security reasons, we plan to add some additional layers of security (optional PIN login, stronger password controls, and external auditing) before we provide anything that should be good enough for storing login data securely. For now, I would not recommend storing login data or account details in any of the data entry fields on Splitwise.

- Jon

15. Mavericks/Safari push notifications

It would be great if you supported Safari push notifications in OS X Mavericks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would definitely be a cool addition at some point! It’s probably at least a little ways down the line (heck, we’re still working on bringing iOS/Android push notifications up to speed), but I’ll add it to our list of ideas for the future :)

16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. add a way to add notes directly to the timeline

For example, I would like record a rate increase on the date it happened. It would be best to keep it separate from a specific bill so that it is 1) more visible (ie not buried in a note) and 2) it could happen in the middle of a billing cycle.

I have kludged it by recording a cash payment of 2 cents from myself to myself and then putting the note in the payment note, which shows directly in the timeline. But a more official way would be really nice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea John – we are still developing the comments / notes system and we do want to develop into a full messaging feature. We’ve done some work on this recently, and some form is coming, but we’re still unsure if we want the messages to appear directly in the transaction timeline. We need to test it out before we’re confident what we think works best. Thanks for telling us about your kludge, that’s very helpful

- Jon

18. to give a added feature of getting monthly expence made by each person after or before the settlement.

this features helps us to track our monthly expenses individually. And also the group expenses spent monthly. That is if I add a bill the flow should go on as it is working now additionally there should be extra feature which keeps individual expenses which should be highlighted in our profile. And after settlements also it should get adjusted automatically then individual person can know how much he has spent for a month. For example :
    in a group of 3, all will be adding there bills but there is be no indication of individual expense, so by adding this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web app  ·  Admin →
  19. Mix facebook and google account

You should be able to mix your facebook acount with your google (using boths to log-in for ex) and take your profile picture and contacts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the android app to rotate its display

Many thanks for the v3 app! It looks awesome already. But I was a bit disappointed that it didn't support rotation. It's my impression that rotation in Android Apps was a simple thing to add.. (I might be wrong though).

Hope this get's added. It's necessary for tablets :P
    .. And for my phone with a pull-out keyboard (HTC Desire Z).

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the trouble! We’d love to add rotation support at some point, but it’s actually a fair bit of work to make sure that everything works properly when rotated. It’s on our list of possible app improvements, but it will probably be a while before we seriously consider it. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience!

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base